Oscraps

Pinterest Woes

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I don't know what it is with me and Pinterest. It seems that every time I try to pin one of my layouts to my boards, something changes. For example, today I wanted to pin the layout I just uploaded in the gallery here. Last week, there was a field that I could just pop the image link into, and today, that field is no longer there. I had to upload the page from my computer, then add the link into another field. This isn't the first time something has magically changed without me knowing about it, it happens every couple of months. The help button is no help either, since it just tells me to do what I did last week but can't do today.

Does this happen to everyone, or is it just me? :confused:

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Pinterest does indeed change a lot ... but today I had no problems uploading my layout from the Oscraps gallery ...

Reactions: AZK

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
@AZK I was having a problem with Pinterest claiming I wasn't loved in when I tried to add from the Oscraps gallery, so I went directly to Pinterest to post. At first, I thought I was going to have to go the route your described. That's when I realized there was a second tab for just using a link.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I had a problem too. My account just disappeared - I've been a member there since it began! I got it straightened out, but it was very frustrating. I don't know why they're having problems.

• Sad

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I use the 'share your layout' pin button in the gallery ...
Is that the same thing as the Pin browser button? I don't have that installed right now. I did have it for a while but then uninstalled it about a year ago when I was trying to streamline my browser and tighten up my security settings.

However, that doesn't really change the fact that even without the button, last week I could link a layout in one step and this week I can't. First world problems, I know.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
@AZK I was having a problem with Pinterest claiming I wasn't loved in when I tried to add from the Oscraps gallery, so I went directly to Pinterest to post. At first, I thought I was going to have to go the route your described. That's when I realized there was a second tab for just using a link.

I always go right to Pinterest too. I think that second tab is what I was using before. I don't have it anymore.

zanthia

CHEERY O
i use the pin browser button so its been okay for me but at times it dow act weird though

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
No it's not just you Angie, Pinterest seem have little hissy fits a lot where things change. I use to use the Pin browser button but then it stopped working properly last year so started going directly to Pinterest. Adding a pin to a board I could just drag my layout from my computer and then add the gallery link for awhile and then that changed so now I still go directly to Pinterest, click the add pin button and then paste in the gallery link into a field that appears under the image area!!! lol!! There was another change the other week to ........ after pinning my layout in a CT board I always save that pin back to my own board....... well now, after I pin the layout it the next screen that comes up contains 'more suggestions' that I might want to pin?!!! grrrr! So I need to click on my avatar pic go back to the CT board and THEN click the Save button to add it to my own board. Yes, Pinterest can be such a pain sometimes!!! lol!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Well, I didn't really expect a solution to my dilemma, I just wanted to vent my frustration! Thanks for listening. As they say, misery loves company, lol. We'll see what Pinterest has in store in the future!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 20.48.03 copy.jpg

with the p button it's easy ... I can immediately choose the ct board -
I also save it on my personal Oscraps board ...

I have no longer a pin button in my safari browser ... I think two years ago Pinterest the pin button was no more available .. I don't know of it can be installed again ... Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 20.48.03 copy.jpg

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
View attachment 356665

with the p button it's easy ... I can immediately choose the ct board -
I also save it on my personal Oscraps board ...

Oh my goodness! I'm sure those buttons have been there all along but I have never noticed them! I am not a person who posts things on social media, so I just don't "see" buttons for FB, Twitter, Instagram, PINTEREST! They're even at the bottom of this forum page!

Thank you so much, Marijke, I'm going to try that for my layouts in August. :D

Kythe

CHEERY O
I just plain don't use Pinterest anymore because of the constant issues.