Oscraps

October projects - What have you been up to??

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi everyone, can't believe that October has snuck up already!!

I haven't been very productive these past few weeks, have started a few projects but need to complete them.

I do have one small project to share, but even though it is 'finished' I feel that it isn't, but of course, when the last piece arrives (in my head) I can always finish it then. LOL!!! This one is all about texture and using fabric and different things like thread, wool, paper etc. It's in a small journal and I have mainly used glue to stick everything down. Just as I was 'finishing' it off, the Queen died :( so I added a red ribbon and stamp as a symbolic goodbye from me. I was thinking of adding just a small piece of red tartan ribbon, on top of the red, just over the end of the stamp as well, but not sure. I think it also needs some big loopy scribbles, but I am undecided. Perhaps I might print one of the photos taken and do some scribbles to see how it looks? :)
WORKING-FILE-FOR-PREVIEWS-800.jpg

But anyways, what have you guys been up to??? Please share so we can all draw some inspiration from one another! :)

scrap-genie

@wombat146 Ona, I totally love what you've got here! So creative and vibrant. I say go for the red tartan and scribbles too (but testing it would be good.)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
@wombat146 your creativeness knows no bounds!! Love all the texture that the fabric gives to your gorgeous piece!! Of course I love the Canadian Stamp that you placed at the top of your page!! I haven't been creating much these days but did manage to get a junk journal completed for my grandson for Christmas he loves dragons so thats what I made. It seems like life has just gotten too darn crazy around here to be able to create these days, but Christmas is coming and I have so much to do, so I squeeze in a bit of time for art therapy! Here are a couple of photos of the junk journal and one of these days I will post a video of a flip through.

IMG-2565.jpg IMG-2566.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@wombat146 your creativeness knows no bounds!! Love all the texture that the fabric gives to your gorgeous piece!! Of course I love the Canadian Stamp that you placed at the top of your page!! I haven't been creating much these days but did manage to get a junk journal completed for my grandson for Christmas he loves dragons so thats what I made. It seems like life has just gotten too darn crazy around here to be able to create these days, but Christmas is coming and I have so much to do, so I squeeze in a bit of time for art therapy! Here are a couple of photos of the junk journal and one of these days I will post a video of a flip through.

View attachment 381073 View attachment 381074
Thanks Trudy! xxx ohhh! and I love your dragon book!!! LOVE the dragon-like skin you were able to achieve! he will certainly love and treasure this!!! One of my grandkids was really into them as well, I remember I made him a library bag out of dragon fabric I found and then I used an old brooch with a big red ruby type inset which I used as an eye on it! lol! love your green eye, looks like he is peering out of the book at him!! lol!

oh, and I meant to say, when I chose the stamp I thought of you! :) I had some Australian ones but they were the wrong colour lol!