Oscraps

October Art Journaling Challenge Week 2 {EMBRACE}

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Welcome to week 2 of our October Challenges. Our word prompt for October is EMBRACE. Here's the meaning of the word Embrace, according to the American Heritage Dictionary:

Embrace /ĕm-brās′/

intransitive verb

To clasp or hold close with the arms, usually as an expression of affection.
To surround or enclose.
To include or contain as part of something broader.
(The American Heritage® Dictionary)

I've found some great quotes along with some inspiration pictures that meant something to me. I hope that you can find inspiration from them, as well.

oct-mood-board-2.jpg

Oct.jpg

I was inspired by the first quote on the first mood board page. "Embrace the day, you'll never get it back.". We had just returned back to the pier from a day of boating with friends. Chuck caught that opportunity to "throw in a line" while the rest of us were joking around. He was never happier than when he was fishing. This is one of my favorite pictures of him and his beautiful smile.

You can choose to do a single page/tag/TN each week, or do a divided template - one part for each week. If you don't have the Divided Template and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Thank you to Ona @wombat146 for providing the template choices for us! If you do the template, we would love it if you would post it incrementally. Post one done in the first week, post an image of the two together on the second, and three on the third, and then the finished page on the fourth week.

Again - the template is NEVER a requirement to use, just something fun and different if you want to use it.

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.

I can't wait to see what you have to share about the prompt EMBRACE

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. CST on October 31st to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
  • Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
  • This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
  • Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button

Attachments

• Oct-AJ-Embrace-week-2.jpg
    Oct-AJ-Embrace-week-2.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Oct-AJ-Embrace-week-2.jpg
    Oct-AJ-Embrace-week-2.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

AK_Tracy

I love this so much!!! I dont know how many more AJ I can do this month. I dont know why but the emotions are raw and on the surface this year. Cheryl has me in tears. Birthdays has me in tears. The these of embrace has me in tears. Someone pass the tissues, cause its that kind of night. Who ever is picking these themes, holy cow, better than therapy. :heartpumppink: :hug3::heartpumppink:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I love this so much!!! I dont know how many more AJ I can do this month. I dont know why but the emotions are raw and on the surface this year. Cheryl has me in tears. Birthdays has me in tears. The these of embrace has me in tears. Someone pass the tissues, cause its that kind of night. Who ever is picking these themes, holy cow, better than therapy. :heartpumppink: :hug3::heartpumppink:
Oh, Tracy, now you have me crying - pass the tissues back to me, please. *sniff* *sniff*. It has been an emotional year for me, I know that and I'm so thankful that we're touching other's hearts with our themes. It sure has been worth it - getting my raw feelings on paper. I can't wait to see what you create. :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred:

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
LOVE these wonderful photos of Chuck, my sweet Cheryl :heartpumpred: :hug2: I am ready to give out a random coupon for this month, or maybe a few more :lovey3:

Tracy @AK_Tracy I FEEL YOU...I have been extra emotional lately...like the past few months...before that it was a spell of it every few months, off and on. I do NOT enjoy this at all...I hate crying, but I know it is a necessary thing because if I don't let things out, it gets worse :voodoodoll::wardrobehide:

AK_Tracy

This did NOT go where I was planning. Not even close. I was going to make a beautiful winter page and embrace the changing seasons. Well, that went south. :floorlaugh: I opened PSE and as with all AJ pages, I never know what to expect. Its been an emotional couple weeks, and last weeks AJ about tipped me over the edge. So I thought I would go easy peasy and make a layout on the weather. Nope, not what happened. But this one didn't make me cry so its a win.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
LOVE these wonderful photos of Chuck, my sweet Cheryl :heartpumpred: :hug2: I am ready to give out a random coupon for this month, or maybe a few more :lovey3:

Tracy @AK_Tracy I FEEL YOU...I have been extra emotional lately...like the past few months...before that it was a spell of it every few months, off and on. I do NOT enjoy this at all...I hate crying, but I know it is a necessary thing because if I don't let things out, it gets worse :voodoodoll::wardrobehide:
Love ya, Jenn. You always make me feel so good. LOVE what you had to say about some other layouts, too. Thank you for your kindness and generosity!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
This did NOT go where I was planning. Not even close. I was going to make a beautiful winter page and embrace the changing seasons. Well, that went south. :floorlaugh: I opened PSE and as with all AJ pages, I never know what to expect. Its been an emotional couple weeks, and last weeks AJ about tipped me over the edge. So I thought I would go easy peasy and make a layout on the weather. Nope, not what happened. But this one didn't make me cry so its a win.

I LOVE that you shared your "inspiration gone awry" with us, Tracy. That's the beauty of AJ and this happens to me so often. You just have to go where your must takes you. This is truly stunning and whatever you had planned, would surely take a backseat to this beautiful page!!! Thank you so much for "embracing" our challenges.

AK_Tracy

I LOVE that you shared your "inspiration gone awry" with us, Tracy. That's the beauty of AJ and this happens to me so often. You just have to go where your must takes you. This is truly stunning and whatever you had planned, would surely take a backseat to this beautiful page!!! Thank you so much for "embracing" our challenges.
It was crazy Cheryl. I opened PSE and the song Sound of Silence just ran through my head over and over and I had the photo Hubs took and away that LO went. Took me for a ride but as soon as it showed itself, I knew the kits that I needed to use. I love AJ and how it always goes where I need it to and comes out so perfectly. Maybe next week will be the snow page :giggle4: But then again, who knows. :heartpumppink:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
It was crazy Cheryl. I opened PSE and the song Sound of Silence just ran through my head over and over and I had the photo Hubs took and away that LO went. Took me for a ride but as soon as it showed itself, I knew the kits that I needed to use. I love AJ and how it always goes where I need it to and comes out so perfectly. Maybe next week will be the snow page :giggle4: But then again, who knows. :heartpumppink:
You literally just gave me chills, Tracy. I know because this happens to me so often in AJ. I start out with one "idea" and where I end up is nowhere near what I had envisioned when I started. This is the absolute beauty of AJ - IF we will just remain open to where our muse takes us. I LOVE that you love AJ so much!!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
This is so awesome Tracy!! It's wonderful that you've taken AJ and embraced it so fully in just a few months. ;) :heartpumpred: :flower:
This is SO true, Amy and Tracy. That's why I love AJ so much. One thing I've learned is to be open to change and let my muse just go where it wants to. If you fight it, you won't get the awesome experience of just letting go.

AK_Tracy

You literally just gave me chills, Tracy. I know because this happens to me so often in AJ. I start out with one "idea" and where I end up is nowhere near what I had envisioned when I started. This is the absolute beauty of AJ - IF we will just remain open to where our muse takes us. I LOVE that you love AJ so much!!!!
I am always just amazed at AJ and how once I see the word, open PSE, and the ideas just leap onto the page. HOW? it can be totally random like today. And it always turns out. I stopped trying to force things way back in the beginning. I had an idea and forced it to get on paper. Was a horrible layout. Now I listen to the heart an it flows so beautifully. Sometimes it takes me an extra week to get here but it eventually comes how its suppose to come.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I am always just amazed at AJ and how once I see the word, open PSE, and the ideas just leap onto the page. HOW? it can be totally random like today. And it always turns out. I stopped trying to force things way back in the beginning. I had an idea and forced it to get on paper. Was a horrible layout. Now I listen to the heart an it flows so beautifully. Sometimes it takes me an extra week to get here but it eventually comes how its suppose to come.
I found out that I can't force things. Remember when you asked how I could just "trash" a LO? It's easy - if you've been fighting with it and your muse is taking you a totally different direction. You "trash" it and start over. We cannot force AJ - that's the absolute beauty of it.