Oscraps

New AnnaLift 7/22/17 - 7/28/17

zlemon

Christy
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects one creative page from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 7.28.17 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: Each Saturday the AnnaTeam posts one creative page from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration page and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!
If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!
If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

A big "thank you" goes to Marianne for helping out with last week's lift!

THIS WEEK WE ARE LIFTING:

Dramatic and stunning fittingly describes this week’s lift. A striking self-portrait with an unadorned sense of style, it’s an expression of the artist and her polished, graphic style. The biggest black and white photo fades into to the background creating an arresting photo effect and coloring. The understated background with muted splashes of color heightens the starkness of the images while adding depth and dimension. Arranging the photos into a borderless square is a clever way to add impact and interest. The unusual crops of the main photo strategically placed help equalize the art and offer another facet of artist behind the self-portrait. Texture and splatters not only balance the central art, but also add understated accents. The symbolic star reminds us all that we are the “star” of our life. Many, many kudos to this very talented artist who fearlessly shows us how to capture the essence of ourselves at a certain moment in time.

Thank you, ValeJules, for sharing your inspirational design and artistry.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout.
• Include a photo of YOU—make sure you are the STAR of your layout.
• Crop the photo into sections and rearranged them in dramatic yet pleasing design.
• Try a neutral color palette accented with subtle, muted colors.
• Use a multi-frame format in an unusual way or arrange your frames in a different way.
• Include a good amount of texture in your design.
• Accent with stitchez or a stitchez frame, paint and/or splatters.

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:
• ArtPlay Palette Pierian
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Pierian.html

• ArtPlay Palette Star
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Star.html

• ArtPlay Palette Splash
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Splash.html

• PaperTextures No. 4
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/PaperTextures-No.-4.html

• UrbanStitchez Frames No. 1
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/UrbanStitchez-Frames-No.-1.html

• White Paint No. 1
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/WhitePaint-No.-1.html

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store." The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us! :)

Anna and the Anna Team

Last edited by a moderator:

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
Excellent choice for the lift! Valé's art style is unique and powerful...a true artist!

:???: I am intimidated to lift such a page .... ! ! Looking forward to find an idea ( and courage ! )

zlemon

Christy
:???: I am intimidated to lift such a page .... ! ! Looking forward to find an idea ( and courage ! )

The main idea is to create an expression of yourself. You are so talented, I know you'll create a beautiful design that express who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
Thank you for your trust, Christy ! :-? :D Not sure if i find time, i leave for a week thursday ( no, no, it's not an excuse ! :tape:)

helenedubois

helenedubois
Here's Looking At You, Kid

Herer_s_Looking_At_You_Kid2.jpg

Quite a fun and challenging challenge!!

tigress

Well, I seriously didn't have any pictures of me that were usable for this, and no camera, so I went with 'the cat' :) ... and pretty much stayed true to the original lift design

cat12.jpg

jodegaard

Of course I "cherry pick" only the best fotos of myself - you know, the really old ones!
Wonderful artistry in your inspiration, ValeJules, and thanks zLemon for hosting!
O-AnnaLift_7-22-17_-_7-28-17.jpg

margje

The O is awesOme
I had to play with this awesome lift!
Love all the gorgeous layouts i have seen so far!

Here is my page:

Ellen

thanks for the challenge- I needed that to get back into scrapping.
This attempt took me ages and it's still not to my liking.:(

zlemon

Christy
On behalf of Anna and everyone on Anna’s Creative Team THANK YOU for participating in the AnnaLift Inspiration Challenge inspired by " ValeJules." Such truly amazing works of AnnaART! Thank you, again, for sharing your beautiful pages with us in the Anna gallery!!

Random generator selected lucky number 7 which belonged to nancyr. She will receive a $5 GiftKard to Anna’s shop. nancyr, I will be sending you a message.

Congratulations to our winner, nancyr, and THANKS again to everyone for your participation in the AnnaLift!

Be sure to check out the NEW AnnaLift challenge every Saturday here at the O.

Thanks!
Anna and Team :)