Oscraps

New Anna Lift 10/14 - 10/20/17

Miki

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects one creative page from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 10.20.17 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: Each Saturday the AnnaTeam posts one creative page from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration page and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!
If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!
If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

THIS WEEK WE ARE LIFTING:

Venezia-copyweb.jpg

Venezia by Tamsin (gallery link: https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=378876&title=venezia&cat=1351)

This page has a classic old world charm inspired by the beautiful city of Venice, a place to think, write, dream and romance. It features soft muted colors with pops of blues and yellows. The sketched photo of the buildings brings to mind of an artist sitting on the sidewalk, drawing as viewers watch and admire. Notice the partial colorful reflection in the water. The page is also balanced on both sides with touches of black, anchoring the image. Along with the muted colors, you see subtle textures running throughout. Romantic and graphic in design, Tamsin displays her artistry and love of travel.

“Dear old world,” she murmured, “you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you.” L. M. Montgomery

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your Anna Lift layout.
•Create a “city/travel/vacation inspired” horizontal/vertical design
•Try a sketched, painterly or water color technique (tutorials on the aA Blog): Create an Artsy Sketch Create an Artsy Sketch, Watercolor Painting Effect Watercolor Painting Effect
• Use soft or muted colors with pops of brighter color
Accent your layout with buttons and/or stitchez
• Add some journaling, a poem, a quote and/or wordArt/wordstrips.

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:
Artplay Palette Tres Bon

Artplay Palette Florence

Artplay Palette Amidst

Artplay Palette Fallen Blush

Artplay Palette Sojourn

Adventure WordART Mix 1

Journey WordART Mix 1

Travel WordART 3

Sojourn WordART Mix

MultiMedia Arrows 1

Button Threadz 2

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store." The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!

Anna and the Anna Team

Last edited by a moderator:

zlemon

Christy
A big thank you to Miki for helping out while my beloved Mac is in the shop. Terrific choice, I’m excited to see everyone’s take on the lift.

Tamsin

Have to laugh. Came speeding over to see who we were lifting this week because I didn't have time last week and wanted to get started on it. And hey it's me! Thanks for the heads up, Miki. I don't use apps or actions for photo effects and I've been experimenting with this sketching effect you see above. I'm trying to remember where I got the idea from. I get inspiration from everyone. Love this place. I know there are several different ways to do it and I might try something else this time and see what happens.

Tamsin

This is like an illustration in a book of fairy tales. So sweet. Love your art. Thanks for lifting my page.

Corinnz

I dont often play with photos in the way, but enjoyed adding paint texture effects to the photo.

Clematis4.jpg

Corinnz

Had another go with filters. This time my daughter was practicing her gymnastics on the new beam the she and her Dd had just finished making.

F_HandstandBeam.jpg