Oscraps

NBK Design Technique Challenge 07/09 - 07/22

Oldenmeade

Hi there! Anne here, with a challenge about BRUSHES.

One of my goals this year is to make more use of the beautiful brushes that Nicole puts in her collections. It's something I just seem to have a mental block about. In thinking about how to overcome this, I came up with the idea of simply taking some brushes and scraplifting the brush work in one of the NBK Design papers, or backgrounds to templates. So that's my challenge to you:

1. Choose one of NBK Design's papers or templates
2. Using brushes, make a scraplift of the design. It doesn't have to be perfect. You're aiming to replicate the placement of the brushes on the page, and the overall shape
they create. Don't forget to use a new layer for each brush.
3. Then complete your layout with photos, elements, or whatever else you like.
4. Please show us which paper/template you're scraplifting, as well as your finished page.
5. And it might be helpful to others if you stated which kit/s your brushes came from.
6. If you're using watercolor blender brushes, remember you can change the foreground and background brush colors to match your photo.

For my layout I chose to copy the brushwork from White Christmas Template Extra 04

tefmSSC.jpg

And here is the end result.

113Li9B.jpg

I used watercolor blender brushes from Precious and Imagine, and watercolor drip brushes from Precious.
To complete my page I used Urban Garden Sprinkles, Beyond the Sea Art Graphics, and a Word Art from Tropical Fusion.

Here is a beautiful example by Trish, using mixer brush watercolor blender 04 from Precious.

BYuD3Np.jpg

Have fun!

Prize: You can win a 4 $ coupon in the technique challenge!
Rules:
• Using brushes, make a scraplift of the brush work from an NBK Design paper or template.
• Layout needs to contain some NBK Design products.
• Layouts need to be uploaded to NBK GALLERY https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sea...earchid=186729 by Sunday, July 22
• Layouts need to be linked back to this thread by Sunday, July 22

Last edited by a moderator:

janedee

My lift

BreakintheRain-web.jpg

based on this template from Urban Garden
nbk-URBAN-GARDEN-TP-Extra-4-800.JPG

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
NBK Template Lift Japanese Garden

Fun challenge!

NBK-Template-Lift.jpg

I used Make a Wish template:

nbk-make-a-wish-TP-WEEK-48-A.jpg

Oldenmeade

This challenge is now closed.

This wasn't an easy challenge, but you all produced some great brush work and lifts.

For this week's winner, Mr Random has chosen......Dady

Congratulations, I'll be sending your coupon tonight.