Oscraps

NBK Design Mood Board Challenge Aug 06 - 19

Oldenmeade

Welcome to the Mood Board challenge.
Below you will find 9 photos.

Wv0NDqf.jpg

1. Choose your colours from one photo and your theme or subject from a different one.
2. When you post your layout, please tell us which mood board photos you used for your subject and your colours.

For my sample layout I chose the dog from No3 as my subect, and the black and white from No9 as my palette.

Ks1aHoV.jpg

NBK Design: Remembrance - mixed media paper
NBK Design: Misty Frost - magic overlay

You can win a $4 coupon to the NBK Design store

Rules:
Make a page by using the colour/s from one of the 9 photos, and using the subject or theme from a different one of the 9 photos.
Mention which 2 mood board photos you used for inspiration.
Layout needs to contain some NBK Design products
Layout needs to be uploaded to NBK GALLERY and linked back to this thread.
Layout needs to be uploaded by Sunday August 19th, 2018.

Have fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:

janedee

Fun challenge Anne! Here's my page - I used the colors from #3 and the subject - historic building from #7. I was also inspired by the leading lines in a couple of the photos.

Luxor2-600-jane.jpg

Emma

I did not know this "style" of challenge ... I like it well !
And your layouts, ladies, are great ! A special Waooow for Janedee's one ! I guess it's the pic... the subject ! I'm totally in love with Egypt !

Oldenmeade

We're off to a great start, thanks Jane & Danesa. I love seeing what appeals to people.

And thanks for the enthusiastic response, Emma. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create :)

kandib

Kandi
Thanks for a fun challenge Anne and picking such a wonderful variety of photos to choose from. I chose the subject from photo 5 and the purple and orange colors from photo 6.

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
I used artCRUSH#7-OTB frames, ABP1, PT styles fusion
I used board 6 for cityscape and 7 for the blue and black colors.
This is after Hurricane Katrina 2005 in New Orleans, La.
nbk-art_CRUSHNo7-powerful.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldenmeade

I used artCRUSH#7-OTB frames, ABP1, PT styles fusion
I used board 6 for cityscape and 7 for the blue and black colors.
This is after Hurricane Katrina 2005 in New Orleans, La.
nbk-art_CRUSHNo7-powerful.jpg

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize that was from Katrina. That makes it even more powerful.

Emma

The exercice was hardest that I thaught. Find a pic wih one of the subject and then the color combo...There was always one of them that didn't suit me !
(... and heuuuu ... you still put me a little pressure Oldenmeade ... ;-) ;-) ;-) But it was fun ! Thanks to you !)

Finaly...
I melted numbre 3 --> animals (!!! yes large subject !!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ) with black and white from number 9

nightshadow

Elaina/aka Nightshadow
I really had to work at this one, guess that definitely makes it a challenge. :eyebrows:

For my layout I chose the ferris wheel from No8 as my subect, and the colors from No2 as my palette.

I used various parts from NBK June 2015 Magic template and a photo of a Ferris Wheel from Pixabay. The pinwheel is from NBK Art Crush 01 Artsy Bits and Pieces (recolored).

Oldenmeade

Challenge winner

Thanks for all the gorgeous layouts submitted for the challenge - you blew me away with your talent!

The challenge is now closed.

And the winner is ...............Emma

Congrats Emma! I will pm your coupon code soon.