Oscraps

My PSE photobin disappears!

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
If I am working on a psd file and save it, all the items I have stored in the photo
bin disappears when I reopen the file. Why does this happen and how can I prevent it from happening? I save the page as a PSD file. The layers are saved ok. just the photo bin empties out.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi there. From memory, when I used earlier versions of PSE and used the photo bin, that would be the case? You open files which are in the photo bin and then use them for a PSD. Once the PSD file is saved and closed the items would still be in the photo bin until you either took the item out of the photo bin or you closed the program.

So if you closed your program down completely, everything in the photo bin would disappear. Opening up the PSD file you saved would not automatically put those items back in the photo bin again, you would need to put them there again manually. That is how I always remembered it working.

However, are you saying that your program used to keep these items and now it doesn't? It's just that I remember having to load them each time. Please let me know if I have misunderstood you. :)

Anyone else have any comments?? :)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Yes, when you close out PSE, the items in the photo bin are closed out regardless of whether you have saved a PSD of the page you were working on or not. I think of the photo bin as a temporary place to hold items that I might use.

As a helpful reminder - if you drag items from the photo bin onto a page in the working panel - the item retains it name in the layer file and in the saved PSD. If you drag an item from the working panel to a page in the photo bin, it does not retain the name. I usually drag from the photo bin to the working panel so that I can tell which kit the item is taken from.