Oscraps

My album has arrived...

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
... and I am sooooo proud of myself for having finally completed a project. Lately, I've been quieter than usual - not because I stopped scrapping, but because I was scrapping a lot of personal pages. Well, mostly, revamping the already existing pages by adding personalized journaling/names/dates/places, replacing/resizing photos to show more detail... proofreading... lol... in other words, doing all the work that must go into preparing an album for printing. And yesterday, my completed album - a Christmas gift to my parents - has arrived - and I'm very - VERY - happy with the result.

I'm not going to lie, it feels good to hold it in my hands and know that my hobby is not just something I spend hours doing, but also something that brings joy to my family. It felt good to scrap with a purpose - recently, I've been trying to scrap more in the art journaling style - and although I enjoy creating those layouts, there is a little voice inside my head urging me to stop exploring my feelings and just start doing. The irony of the fact that while scrapping those practical pages, I DO need to relive the events and process my emotions notwithstanding.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy with you on this Sunday morning and see if anyone can relate...

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That's so awesome, Olga. I'm always so proud of myself when I get a whole album printed. Way to go!!!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
That's so great!! I remember getting my first album printed. I just kept looking at it over and over and was so giddy that I could actually hold it in my hands!

If it's not too personal - could you show us a page or two that's not too personal? If not - that's totally cool. Just thought I'd ask. Ask Cheryl - I love looking at her old paper albums she used to make!

Here's one I did last year for my Project 52:
23_52.jpg

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
That's so great!! I remember getting my first album printed. I just kept looking at it over and over and was so giddy that I could actually hold it in my hands!

If it's not too personal - could you show us a page or two that's not too personal? If not - that's totally cool. Just thought I'd ask. Ask Cheryl - I love looking at her old paper albums she used to make!

View attachment 405401

A lot of the pages I share here are from my album - public (and English language) versions of them... I print my albums on Photobookworldwide.com 11x11 in layflat binding (for some reason they don't have 12x12). The one I printed was for my parents - so it included photos of our time spent together, as well as of kids' birthdays and our everydays because we live far away and don't see each other often. Here are two of those pages... but there are many more in my gallery

Last edited:

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O

View attachment 405401

I love these templates - especially the vertical calendar on the side... I have a few of those templates in my stash too. I love seeing real life documented

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I love these templates - especially the vertical calendar on the side... I have a few of those templates in my stash too. I love seeing real life documented
I’ve used them for about 4 years now! Before I was a Ponytail Designs/Dagi template gal.