Oscraps

Movie: The idea of you

GraceJ

Have you seen this movie? I just watched it, and I was actually expecting a little more of the plot. I don't know if anyone else watched it and liked it, but I didn't like it
Spoiler alert below
That thing about pausing the relationship between the protagonists for exactly 5 years, and continuing it again, reminded me a lot of the movie "The rebound", but in a more artificial situation, everything seemed very "forced" and I didn't like it.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Have you seen this movie? I just watched it, and I was actually expecting a little more of the plot. I don't know if anyone else watched it and liked it, but I didn't like it
Spoiler alert below
That thing about pausing the relationship between the protagonists for exactly 5 years, and continuing it again, reminded me a lot of the movie "The rebound", but in a more artificial situation, everything seemed very "forced" and I didn't like it.
Good to know...I saved it to my watchlist yesterday but haven't gotten to watch it yet!

GraceJ

Good to know...I saved it to my watchlist yesterday but haven't gotten to watch it yet!
The truth is with the actors who performance the film, I expected much more and it was like a poorly made copy of "The rebound", I even saw that it's classified as a romantic comedy, but to tell the truth it doesn't include many comic scenes, and the protagonist despite being a 40-year-old woman, she appears insecure, immature and instead of talking to her boyfriend, she believes the comments she hears, abandons her boyfriend without saying a word, like a teenager, etc., a real drama, saying the truth I didn't see any comedy, maybe just few scenes, but it's a romantic drama, not a romantic comedy, that's for sure.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
The truth is with the actors who performance the film, I expected much more and it was like a poorly made copy of "The rebound", I even saw that it's classified as a romantic comedy, but to tell the truth it doesn't include many comic scenes, and the protagonist despite being a 40-year-old woman, she appears insecure, immature and instead of talking to her boyfriend, she believes the comments she hears, abandons her boyfriend without saying a word, like a teenager, etc., a real drama, saying the truth I didn't see any comedy, maybe just few scenes, but it's a romantic drama, not a romantic comedy, that's for sure.
I will totally skip it then...I am not into romantic drama schtuff...I need some comedy if there is going to be any romance :rotfl: Thank you for saving me time!! LOL :beatingheart:

GraceJ

And it IS because I saw it has Anne Hathaway in it that I even wanted to watch it...lol
I watched for the same reason, lol, I love her movies, that's why I expected much more, but this it didn't be exactly her best movie.
Also I need more comedy - romantic stuff, lol, I don't like the drama, if you have a good romantic - comedy movie to suggest I am always thankful :lovey3::beatingheart:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I watched for the same reason, lol, I love her movies, that's why I expected much more, but this it didn't be exactly her best movie.
Also I need more romantic stuff, lol, I don't like the drama, if you have a good romantic - comedy movie to suggest I am always thankful :lovey3::beatingheart:
I will have to think on that one and get back to you...usually anthing with Drew Barrymore in it is a winner for me!! :beatingheart: Especially the ones with her and Adam Sandler! I just watched "Blended" a few weeks ago and really liked it! I had never heard of it before...it is from 2014!

GraceJ

I will have to think on that one and get back to you...usually anthing with Drew Barrymore in it is a winner for me!! :beatingheart: Especially the ones with her and Adam Sandler! I just watched "Blended" a few weeks ago and really liked it! I had never heard of it before...it is from 2014!
I never heard about that movie, I will search it and watch it, thank you so much!!
Love Drew Barrymore movies too, and Adam Sandler is a great comedian, for sure a good movie. Thanks :lovey3:

GraceJ

I started watching that movie but only watched a few minutes and lost interest.
@EvelynD2 dear, it happened to me the same, but I thought that maybe the story will unfold in the following minutes, and I was waiting for the rest of the movie, the story was very forced and with senseless scenes, and I guess that it's exactly why the whole movie it was unsuccessful.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
@EvelynD2 dear, it happened to me the same, but I thought that maybe the story will unfold in the following minutes, and I was waiting for the rest of the movie, the story was very forced and with senseless scenes, and I guess that it's exactly why the whole movie it was unsuccessful.
I hate it when I watch a movie hoping it will get better only to have it end horrible as well! I think what a waste of time that was!

GraceJ

I hate it when I watch a movie hoping it will get better only to have it end horrible as well! I think what a waste of time that was!
The same thing happens to me dear @EvelynD2 , I think I ended up saying, please someone give me back the 2 hours I lost watching this, lol. If I had known, I'd better start scrapping a page :floorlaugh: