Oscraps

Layout in 20 min?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Can you? I have on a couple of occasions - as part of a challenge - though usually it takes me longer than that... And I've learned that I can only do it if a) I have the right photo and b) I have the right kit and I know the kit inside out.

So I was wondering if I could do it with one of the kits I've had for years - I got it back when Lorie Davidson was Studio Lorie at Scrapbookgraphics.com - the site that doesn't even exist anymore. Over the years I've created a number of layouts with it, so I thought I'd give this speed-scrap a try... Here is what I got...

This page took me 18 minutes to complete... but then I spent another 15 playing with the title... I really like the way Surf's Up - included in the kit - looks on the page, but it doesn't really relate to the rest of the layout, so I tried making my own word art. Well, you can see how well that went. Ha ha... So, can you do a layout in under 20 min?

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I've only had it happen once or twice since I converted to PSCC from DIP. And then, it was with a template, and a much beloved kit. I wish I could do this,but on average it takes me 2-3 hours.

KimPay

I love your layout especially that frame. My best time might be an hour & 20 minutes. Overthinking & perfectionism get in my way. Working on that in 2022!

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
When i know what i want to do and what i want to use, i can.
Sometimes it takes more time to choose a kit/find a picture than it takes time to scrap.
Challenges like the colour challenge take me a lot of time to find the right stuff.

mom2triplets04

I've never timed mine. But there are times when I run out of gallery space. Like we are only allowed 5 here. I'm sure I can probably make more than 5 pages in a day if I have. nothing else going on. I would have to time the next one I make.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Sometimes it takes more time to choose a kit/find a picture than it takes time to scrap.
Challenges like the colour challenge take me a lot of time to find the right stuff.
I do recognize it :D

scrap-genie

I don't think I ever did one in 20 minutes, but when I was new to Oscraps (but not new to digiscrapping) I attended a speed scrap where we were given instructions one by one. I don't remember the time limit, maybe 30 minutes or an hour, but I think I got there a little late. I didn't have the problem of trying to find the right kit because I barely had any from the O. I was sorry that I ran out of time before I could do shadows, but otherwise I still think it isn't that bad.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I can do one in 20 but I prefer to take about 45 minutes to an hour, and not rush. Sometimes it will take longer than that if its a busy full page with lots of product.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I don't think I ever did one in 20 minutes, but when I was new to Oscraps (but not new to digiscrapping) I attended a speed scrap where we were given instructions one by one. I don't remember the time limit, maybe 30 minutes or an hour, but I think I got there a little late. I didn't have the problem of trying to find the right kit because I barely had any from the O. I was sorry that I ran out of time before I could do shadows, but otherwise I still think it isn't that bad.

Not bad at all... I like the bits of paper and the way the photos are arranged... as you said, this would just require another 10 min or so to add shadows...

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I can do one in 20 but I prefer to take about 45 minutes to an hour, and not rush. Sometimes it will take longer than that if its a busy full page with lots of product.
Lol... I love you 'I can do 20 but prefer 45'... I would LOVE to be able to say 'I can usually do one in 45'...

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I know... If I have the photos, I spend ages choosing the kit. If I have the kit - I can't seem to find the right photo or decide on page design...

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
CHEERY O
I have absolutely no clue how long it takes me to make a layout. Me and time are just not compatible. I have no sense of time & I have trouble even reading a clock. If I should guess how long it takes me to do a layout in average, I'd say 30 minutes. But ... not sure we can trust my estimation. At all. LOL

Kythe

CHEERY O
If I did a LO in 20 minutes it wouldn't be worth keeping. lol :rolleyes: I am a fiddler. I pick away at everything trying this and that. It takes me 20 minutes just to pick the right mask for a photo. I have all my masks in one place so I am not wasting time searching for where they are.