Oscraps

June Art Journaling Week 1 {CONNECT}

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Welcome to the June Art Journaling Challenge, Week 1. Our word prompt for this month is CONNECT. We all know what connections are; we make them every day in our online communities, as well as in all phases of our personal lives. The Cambridge Dictionary defines the word CONNECT as "to join or be joined with something else". That's pretty basic, isn't it? However, as I delved deeper, I was fascinated with what the word really means. We connect to the internet, for instance, when we come online, but the word CONNECT or CONNECTIONS goes much deeper than that. I found some very meaningful quotes when I started preparing my challenge for this week. You're welcomed to use any of them, or come up with your own, or don't use any of them. You know, by now that these are just springboards for your creativity.

"With our divine connection we are always in touch with the solutions we are seeking" Wayne Dyer
"Frequently consider the connection of all things in the universe" Marcus Aurelius
"We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep" William James
"Realize that everything connects to everything else" Leonardo DaVinci
"Invisible threads are the strongest ties" Friedrich Nietzsche
"Frequently consider the connection of all things in the universe" Marcus Aurelius

I found some pictures that are also thought-provoking about the word CONNECT.

June-1-Mood-Board-600x400.jpg

Here's my sample layout that I hope gives you some inspiration. I used the almost touching hands, to signify that one of the hands in Heaven and the other hand is reaching up to stay connected (my own interpretation.) This was an original painting by DaVinci and has always been one of my favorites. I hope you get some inspiration out of one of these images.

You can choose to do a single page each week, or do a divided template - one part for each week. If you don't have the Divided Template and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Thank you to Ona @wombat146 for providing the template choices for us! If you do the template, we would love it if you would post it incrementally. Post one done in the first week, post an image of the two together on the second, and three on the third, and then the finished page on the fourth week.

Again - the template is NEVER a requirement to use, just something fun and different if you want to use it.

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.

****Special and extra credit!!!!!!!****
Jenn from @joyfulheartdesigns has offered a special extra prize!! She is offering a coupon to her store and each person who uses blending in their page will get a special entry to this, so put in the description of your gallery entry what you blended together and you are in the running!!!!!

I can't wait to see what you have to share about the prompt CONNECT.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. CST on JUNE 30TH to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Attachments

• June-AJ-Week-1.jpg
    June-AJ-Week-1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

AK_Tracy

I love your layout Cheryl. I have so many ideas in my head. The photo of the hands you used inspired me on what my photo will be. Now to see if I can get it from head to LO. I like this theme.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I love your layout Cheryl. I have so many ideas in my head. The photo of the hands you used inspired me on what my photo will be. Now to see if I can get it from head to LO. I like this theme.
You're in the zone, if you're thinking about it, Tracy. Most of my layouts start in my head. Once I get an idea, they start milling around in my head. I can't wait to see what you come up with; because I know your head is already scrapping. I'm so happy that you like my layout and the word prompt for this month!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Here you go! I have all credits listed in the gallery. @joyfulheartdesigns I did a little blending. Thank you for the extra chance to win.

OHMYGOODNESS, Tracy this totally gives me goosebumps!! This sure poured out of you - it's just awesome and I'm so thrilled that you're embracing Art Journaling!!:heartpumpred::heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

Amandajk

Holy Nomad
Wow, can I relate to this week's theme. :) "Invisible threads are the strongest ties" Friedrich Nietzsche is the quote I am using for my gallery exhibition!! The title is "Threads of Life". Thinking about a page...

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Wow, can I relate to this week's theme. :) "Invisible threads are the strongest ties" Friedrich Nietzsche is the quote I am using for my gallery exhibition!! The title is "Threads of Life". Thinking about a page...
You just gave me goosebumps, Amanda. That's powerful and mind-bending. I'll bet your gallery exhibition is remarkable!! I hope you find time to create a page - your work always amazes me, you know. :bowdown2:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
By the end of the month my jigsaw pieces will be a complete square.
I used blending with the little people.

What a fabulous start for this month, Anne-Marie! This is so unique and beautiful and I can't wait to see where you're going with this. Thank you for playing along!!

Reactions: A-M

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O