Oscraps

I think I am having an allergic reaction to anesthesia!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Help! I had a colonoscopy done yesterday. Last night I developed terrible, itching with a mottled pink rash. I have had anesthesia before and never had a problem but I don't know what else could have caused this. I have taken some Benadryl but it knocks me out. I sent a message to my doctor's office but they won't see the message until Monday. Have any of you had this before? I only took a half of one Benadryl earlier because it knocks me out. I just took a whole one about twenty minutes ago but it hasn't helped yet. Have any of you had this happen? What did you do? The itching is driving me crazy.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
As it turnd out, taking two Benadryls did not knock me out but kept me up all night. It’s crazy how it can have such different reactions, Usually it knocks me out. I ended up going to a walk in clinic yesterday and they gave me a steroid shot and prescription. I am feeling much better!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oh no Evelyn! Glad you were able to get some relief at the walk in clinic!
Thank you so much, Vicki! I have had general anesthesia before but never had a reaction to it. I guess that can happen sometimes or maybe they used a different type of medication.