Oscraps

I need help deciding...................

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I know a lot of you still use Elements. I'm trying to decide between Elements 2020, 2022 and 2023. Every time I try to buy one of them, they offer me a free thirty day trial. I'm on 2023 right now.

What are the pros and cons of 2020, 2022 and 2023? I; have been running 2018 since it first came out.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm still using 2019. I haven't felt that there were enough new features to justify spending money on upgrades. I was tempted by the addition of the Warp tool in 2022 but didn't bite.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Here’s Adobe’s comparison chart — it only goes back to 2020, but it gives a feature comparison that’s helpful. I use CC, but keep PSE for tutorials. I didn’t bother to get 2023 because the feature enhancements were not, in my option, enough to justify the change. But for teaching purposes I usually upgrade every other year or so.

Unless there is a significant cost difference (or big differences in hardware requirements), it’s always smarter to go with the most recent version available and make a decision about future updates as they are recessed - for PSE that’s every Fall,

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm still using 2019. I haven't felt that there were enough new features to justify spending money on upgrades. I was tempted by the addition of the Warp tool in 2022 but didn't bite.
The only reason I'm upgrading is my 2018 bit the dust. I figured it was time for an upgrade, anyway. I'm on a free trial of 2023 right now and I think I'll probably get that one. Thanks, Angie.

Reactions: AZK

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Here’s Adobe’s comparison chart — it only goes back to 2020, but it gives a feature comparison that’s helpful. I use CC, but keep PSE for tutorials. I didn’t bother to get 2023 because the feature enhancements were not, in my option, enough to justify the change. But for teaching purposes I usually upgrade every other year or so.

Unless there is a significant cost difference (or big differences in hardware requirements), it’s always smarter to go with the most recent version available and make a decision about future updates as they are recessed - for PSE that’s every Fall,

Thanks, vicki. I knew you used PSE for some things, so this is good advice. I think I'll just go ahead and get the latest version when my free frial is over. I haven't ungraded since 2018 came out - that was late 2017. The price difference isn't much, either.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I thought you were going to give Photoshop CC a try?
I am and I have that, too. I'm just old fashioned and like to have PSE to fall back on. I learned on PSE and it's my comfort zone. Now that I have a big monitor, I'm definitely going to try to use CC more.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I am and I have that, too. I'm just old fashioned and like to have PSE to fall back on. I learned on PSE and it's my comfort zone. Now that I have a big monitor, I'm definitely going to try to use CC more.

how are you doing adjusting? I bt going from a smaller monitor to a biggie that you will enjoy seeing more of the page you're working on!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
how are you doing adjusting? I bt going from a smaller monitor to a biggie that you will enjoy seeing more of the page you're working on!
Oh my gosh, girl - I don't know how I ever scrapped on my laptop!!! It's like night and day difference!! It's SO wonderful to be able to see everything so large!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Oh my gosh, girl - I don't know how I ever scrapped on my laptop!!! It's like night and day difference!! It's SO wonderful to be able to see everything so large!
That's why I can never go back to a laptop. My 27" iMac screen has spoiled me. Mike has a 30" Cinema Display!!

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
I am using PSE 21. I am too scared to try CC! Since I upgrade every year, I am used to PSE.

Kythe

CHEERY O
I work with PSE22. Love the warp tool.
I haven't looked into PSE23 but would go for that hoping they fixed the bug in the AI action for 22.

cfile

I use PSCC, but I also have PSE15 that I use for teaching purposes. I tried once 2 years ago to upgrade to a newer version of PSE and basically had trouble with it and then was on the phone with a tech for a while as there was a glitch in the upload and it kept telling me my "key" was no longer valid. Everytime I shut down and opened up it was reloading and then they said user key no longer valid. I got so mad that I told them to cancel the order and I uninstalled the upgrade LOL.. I am going to be getting a new lap top here sometime this year I think (have it on my list) and will get an upgraded version of PSE for teaching purposes then. Good luck @Cherylndesigns with whatever you choose :)

zanthia

CHEERY O
dont know first hand but have seen i n various forums people have some problems with pse 2023

i am still using pse 10 but do have pse15 for doing things cant do in pse 10 but scrapping in it is just the pits.