Oscraps

How often do you try something new?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I've been eyeing Foxeysquirrel's designs for some time now... unsure even how to start scrapping with them.... and now that Magical Reality Designs has joined the Oscraps there are more of these mystically looking magical-style pages in the gallery that make my heart whisper 'why not'... while my logical brain keeps tugging at the reigns murmuring 'because you don't do abstract art'...

So, I've been wondering... how often do you guys push yourself to step out of your comfort zone and try something fundamentally different?

Kythe

CHEERY O
I force myself to go into the 'unknown' as it keeps my creativity alive. Having said that I will admit I practice certain types of LOs to get comfortable with them.
The fantasy ones do take a bit of free thinking but the ones I find the hardest is AJ.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Most of the time... as I really like learning new things. I am a huge fan of fantasy/mystical kits/collections... so am thrilled to see Magical Reality Designs here joining FoxySquirrel, Lynne Anzelc, Lorie Davidson and others designers who do those type of collections.
I am with Kythe in that AJ are harder for me but I do try.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Not as often as I should. I really need to do more fantasy pages. They look awesome but I find them intimidating. I love learning to do knew things in Photoshop, especially when I learn to do something easy that turns out great.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Probably more than my husband would like. LOL. I recently signed up to take learn water color painting..... and magical reality, I'm itching to use some of those papers in an hybrid mixed media layout.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I force myself to go into the 'unknown' as it keeps my creativity alive. Having said that I will admit I practice certain types of LOs to get comfortable with them.
The fantasy ones do take a bit of free thinking but the ones I find the hardest is AJ.
I know what you mean about practicing certain tyles of pages... I do that too, sometimes creating several versions of the same page experimenting to my heart's delight.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
All the time. My adhd forces me to seek new things all the time. LOL
Eva, your gallery is filled with gorgeous pages in a variety of styles! I love how you make layouts about literally everything, from the list of shows you like to the pets you love!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Eva, your gallery is filled with gorgeous pages in a variety of styles! I love how you make layouts about literally everything, from the list of shows you like to the pets you love!
Thank you for your sweet words! #kiss3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
All I can say is to grab a kit from either of them and just do it. Throw files on a paper, blend, move stuff around, and use layer masks. Brushes, recolor stuff. Just try everything!
I promise you will have fun and be amazed at how things turn out

LSlycord

I don't do it often! As everyone knows, I scrap to tell stories. So anytime that I'm not telling a story, I just don't feel right about it. However, I think that the challenges this month are going to push me outside of my comfort zone a bit.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I don't mix it up too much, tending to stay in my lane (mostly). I love seeing how whimsical and out-of-the-box others can be but I tend to stay fairly true to my style. I'm not afraid to try something new but don't always keep at it, reverting back to what is comfortable and enjoyable for me.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I don't do it often! As everyone knows, I scrap to tell stories. So anytime that I'm not telling a story, I just don't feel right about it. However, I think that the challenges this month are going to push me outside of my comfort zone a bit.
Is it me or are the challenges extra good and extra challenging this month??

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I think my layouts are pretty varied, but maybe the designers I choose are not LOL. I love the fantasy / whimsical layouts, but they look like a 4year old got hold of my photoshop when I try and make them! I try and mix up my styles, so it's not too samey, but I can't help but be drawn to certain designs that speak to me.