Oscraps

How do you start your white page layouts?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I usually pick the paper I want to use and then pick my photo. I then put a leaf or branch under the bottom of my photo and then build my cluster. I also like to include some small title.
I also feel my pages are incomplete without a title... though if it's a companion page (part of a spread) I don't always have one

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I love white space layouts. And I love telling stories. And those are really the only kinds of layouts that I enjoy doing. (And I just realized it as I was thinking about this question.) What I generally do is look at some white space layouts before starting. Then I have something in mind.

Another thought that I just had and have never tried...I think that I will try making two pages on the same subject. Choosing one of my favorite photos from a story I want to tell and use that for a white space layout, then use corresponding photos for my story page next to it! I'm going to try that this week and see how it goes.
Great idea, Linda! White (negative) pace LOs are my nemesis!

Amandajk

I totally agree with this!

I rarely even try to scrap "white space layouts".
Me either. I am soooo not a minimalist- in any way! lol. I find them a bit puzzling. Especially when I did paper scrapping (remember that?!) I saw those pages, and thought "why?". Most noteably the ones with the photo/elements on the side- half off the page. Huh?! Lol!!! I prefer a party on the page!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Me either. I am soooo not a minimalist- in any way! lol. I find them a bit puzzling. Especially when I did paper scrapping (remember that?!) I saw those pages, and thought "why?". Most noteably the ones with the photo/elements on the side- half off the page. Huh?! Lol!!! I prefer a party on the page!
"A Party on a Page" - love that, Amanda. If there's a "bare" spot, I try to see what I can put in it. :floorlaugh:

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O

"A Party on a Page" - love that, Amanda. If there's a "bare" spot, I try to see what I can put in it. :floorlaugh:

Totally... I print my pages (once the album is complete) so it seems silly to print just empty space... after all, ten years down the road I would want to see photos and journaling... when I look through the paper albums I made years back, I barely even notice the embellishments - but wish I had written down when/where/why the photo was taken...