Oscraps

Help With PSE 20 Photo icons size

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Does anyone know how to make the file photos bigger when using PSE 20? Often I have to switch from PSE to go back to the file on my computer so I can see the photos. This is especially true of any word art. I'd appreciate any help.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@EvelynD2 hmmm, not quite sure what you mean Evelyn? do you mean you can't see the images of the elements properly in PSE? are they in the holding bin at the bottom of your program? I haven't used PSE for ages.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
@EvelynD2 hmmm, not quite sure what you mean Evelyn? do you mean you can't see the images of the elements properly in PSE? are they in the holding bin at the bottom of your program? I haven't used PSE for ages.
When I open a kit to work with in PSE, it is hard to see some of the word art and word strip elements. Also, some of the other elements are a bit small. I thought maybe someone knew how to make them larger. I can make my file images larger on my computer but not in PSE 20

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
When I open a kit to work with in PSE, it is hard to see some of the word art and word strip elements. Also, some of the other elements are a bit small. I thought maybe someone knew how to make them larger. I can make my file images larger on my computer but not in PSE 20
So do you put your kit files into the Organizer that comes with PSE? or do you just move them into the bin area at the bottom of the program from your File Explorer? Could you maybe take a screen shot of what you mean and post it here?

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
So do you put your kit files into the Organizer that comes with PSE? or do you just move them into the bin area at the bottom of the program from your File Explorer? Could you maybe take a screen shot of what you mean and post it here?
When I place an element, I go to file and then place. I then select which element I want to place. It's not usually a problem unless it is a word strip or word art. The photos are too small for me to see so I have to go back to the file on my computer to properly see the element. Sometimes I have to click on it and it shows the preview jpg.Smaller Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.32.04 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O

When I place an element, I go to file and then place. I then select which element I want to place. It's not usually a problem unless it is a word strip or word art. The photos are too small for me to see so I have to go back to the file on my computer to properly see the element. Sometimes I have to click on it and it shows the preview jpg.
ahhh okay, are you using Windows PC or a Mac? I have no knowledge of working on a Mac. However, the PSE expert around here is @Vicki Robinson so perhaps she may know more. :)

When I used to use Elements, years ago, I started with Organizer but gave up on it after I lost all of the tags one time when I was upgrading. I use PS CC now and just use my File Explorer to move everything into my psd file with my mouse.
Using File Explorer for Scrapbooking.jpg

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
ahhh okay, are you using Windows PC or a Mac? I have no knowledge of working on a Mac. However, the PSE expert around here is @Vicki Robinson so perhaps she may know more. :)

When I used to use Elements, years ago, I started with Organizer but gave up on it after I lost all of the tags one time when I was upgrading. I use PS CC now and just use my File Explorer to move everything into my psd file with my mouse.
View attachment 381987
I am working on a Mac. I can continue how I am doing it but thought someone might know a way to make the images bigger when the folder opens up for me to select which element I want.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I am working on a Mac. I can continue how I am doing it but thought someone might know a way to make the images bigger when the folder opens up for me to select which element I want.
Okay, well I have tagged Vicki so when she is in the forum next she may have some ideas.

While I use Windows, I went back to my last version of PSE 14 and opened the Organizer. Within it I found a Preferences option under the Edit menu, there seems to be an option under the Files section to change the preview size? Yours will not look exactly like mine, but it could be in the same area. Maybe have a look at that and try.
1666583207236.png

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Okay, well I have tagged Vicki so when she is in the forum next she may have some ideas.

While I use Windows, I went back to my last version of PSE 14 and opened the Organizer. Within it I found a Preferences option under the Edit menu, there seems to be an option under the Files section to change the preview size? Yours will not look exactly like mine, but it could be in the same area. Maybe have a look at that and try.
View attachment 381990
Thank you so much! I will check that out.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Evelyn, in finder - view - show view options - you can change the format of the icon size and also to see a preview of the right
Thank you so much for your help. I have just made my file photos bigger so I can see them better.