Oscraps

Have you read any good books lately?

LSlycord

I have been reading a lot more recently and I have found some really good books. The two most recent are "Calling Me Home" by Julie Kibler and "His Name is August" by Sarah Forester Davis. Highly recommend both. I'm also listening to an audible book by Jon Gordon.

Tell me what you have read recently that you recommend.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I've been reading novels by Ken Follett. I love the Kingsbridge series. The books are huge, a lot of pages, but they read so nicely and I love the stories. I've been told the historical novels by Ken Follett are quite accurate regarding the history, and I love learning about how people lived in those times long ago.

I'm going to google your books. I'm always in for new books to read.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm following this thread! I haven't read anything in a while and have several books on hold at the library that probably won't be available any time soon.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Oh, sorry! I used to be addicted to books, read more them 50 books a year but now I have no time and no more space to storage. So, I try not to look at them in the bookstore shelters, LoL.

melscrap

CHEERY O
I recently finished Daisy and Kate by Meredith Appleyard, and First Lie Winds by Ashley Elston. Very different books but loved them both.
Currently reading The Edge by David Baldacci. I can't go wrong with his books, they always entertain.
On my reading list for book club this month is Richard Osmans' The Thursday Murder Club.

@LSlycord @Jeannette I haven't read any of those. I'll add them to my TBR pile.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I just finished Penelope in Retrograde by Brooke Abrahams. I got it on Amazon for my Kindle. I really enjoyed it. Before that, I read "Don't Forget to Write" by Sarah Goodman Confino. It was also a good book; again Kindle edition.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I love Chronicles of St Mary's by Jodi Taylor - finished 8 of them now. I listen while doing housework and love the fast-paced action... and the narrator is excellent.

I am also reading a non-fiction called Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake. Never knew the world of fungi is that fascinating.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I'm reading "The Housekeeper" by Joy Fielding. Recently I read The Girl Beyond The Gate (suspense mystery), Written in Red (fantasy) and You Shouldn't Have Come Here (suspense mystery) which didn't get a very high goodreads rating but I liked it. A few from my to-read list are Demon Copperhead, You Can Never Tell, The Quiet Tennant, Hidden, All The Way Home and None Of This Is True.

LSlycord

Oh, sorry! I used to be addicted to books, read more them 50 books a year but now I have no time and no more space to storage. So, I try not to look at them in the bookstore shelters, LoL.
When we moved I got rid of most of my physical copies of books. Now I just load up my Kindle instead. And when the kids were younger, I gave up most reading. But now that I have a quasi-empty nest, I have started up again.

LSlycord

I'm reading "The Housekeeper" by Joy Fielding. Recently I read The Girl Beyond The Gate (suspense mystery), Written in Red (fantasy) and You Shouldn't Have Come Here (suspense mystery) which didn't get a very high goodreads rating but I liked it. A few from my to-read list are Demon Copperhead, You Can Never Tell, The Quiet Tennant, Hidden, All The Way Home and None Of This Is True.
Thanks Rae. I'll add those to my To Be Read pile.

LSlycord

I love Chronicles of St Mary's by Jodi Taylor - finished 8 of them now. I listen while doing housework and love the fast-paced action... and the narrator is excellent.

I am also reading a non-fiction called Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake. Never knew the world of fungi is that fascinating.
Going to take a look at the series...especially if the narrator is good. I'm not quite ready for a world of fungi however. ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

I will have to check this out, too! I love listening while doing housework, too! THANKS!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
AWWW! That's too bad!
I agree!! is that thing ... does it sell in Portuguese? no ... so, we don´t do it!! I understand, speak and write in English but I don´t think I can fully understand the essence of an audio book in English. I like to "savor" my books and if I don´t totally understand the full meaning of words (second meanings included) I keep thinking that I'm missing part of the message and I don't like it. ;)

janedee

I recently finished Leviathan Awakes by James Corey - a good sci fi read. I also went back to murder mysteries after taking a break from them for a while. I just finished Angel's Tip by Alafair Burke. I really like her story lines.

LSlycord

I don't think that I've read anything by Alafair Burke...I must add to my "To Be Read" pile...which is way too long!