Oscraps

have you any tips for photoshop users

Tamsin

I'm teaching myself and just the other day found out I could hold down CTRL and the bracket key and go up or down my layers palette. Can't tell you how relieved I was to find there was a quicker way to move elements up and down the stack LOL

Like this. CTRL [- to go down
CTRL ] - to go down up

That's for a Windows user of course. I assume this shortcut would work in Elements. Someone might be able to confirm. Thanks.

If you have any other helpful tips, please post here if you have a minute. I am sure there are thousands of short cuts equally as helpful. Thanks! :)

Tamsin

Great link! Nice to have them all in one place. I'll have to go through them and figure out how many I can learn. At the moment Ctrl Z is my favourite shortcut LOL

Here's another tip that might come in handy for someone.

When I remember to, I take a snapshot in the history palette before I start experimenting with brushes or whatever. Otherwise I lose too much history and can't go back. Arrrrrrrgh!

Just discovered I can duplicate the canvas. How useful is this !!!! So when I sit back and think that's okay but still think it can do with some tweaking, I can duplicate the whole layout and just work on the second canvas. I can easily copy any layer across to either canvas also.

To duplicate my canvas I simply go Image / Duplicate and then 'save as'.