Oscraps

Has anyone eaten at Slim Chickens?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm not a big fast-food fan, but we went to Slim Chickens Sunday and it was good. I got chicken and waffles and the fun surprise was that they have "desert jars". They make a variety of deserts in real glass jars - they're SO cute and good. I had a Pumpkin Cheesecake. I love jars, anyway, so I added it to my collection.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Nobody has a Slim Chickens? I had never heard of it either until last Sunday.

Let me ask another question: Have you ever had a "desert in a jar"? That was the cutest thing and what a great idea from a fast food restaurant.

12-Mason-Jar-Desserts.jpg

Theirs were regular mason jars, but I found a cute picture of similar jars on the internet. These look like recycled jelly jars. SO cute, though.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I have heard of them, and I just Googled and there is one in Huntsville, but I have never eaten there. That is cute that they do actual jars for their desserts, and wow that you got to keep it! The pumpkin cheesecake sounds delish! Good to know that you liked their chicken...will have to keep that in mind :beatingheart:

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I've never heard of it; I Googled it as well and there is one in the food court at Oakland University, but that's the only one in Michigan. The dessert idea sounds fun, but I don't think I've ever had one like that before!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have heard of them, and I just Googled and there is one in Huntsville, but I have never eaten there. That is cute that they do actual jars for their desserts, and wow that you got to keep it! The pumpkin cheesecake sounds delish! Good to know that you liked their chicken...will have to keep that in mind :beatingheart:
I don't know how far Huntsville is from where you live, Jenn, but the one we went to is in Tulsa which is a bit of a drive for us. We had to go to the airport to pick somebody up and we ate there. I'd never heard of it before. The punpkin cheesecake desert jar was so good!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I've never heard of it; I Googled it as well and there is one in the food court at Oakland University, but that's the only one in Michigan. The dessert idea sounds fun, but I don't think I've ever had one like that before!
I'd never heard of the place either, Angie, but the desert jars were adorable and we were shocked that they were real glass. They didn't chintz at all. Pinterest has hundreds of deserts in a jar - I went down the rabbit hole there. :hammock:

Reactions: AZK

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
The dessert jars are adorable but I won't be able to get one here. I googled their locations and the closest one is at Penn State which is about a 5-hour drive. There are no locations at all in the Northeast. Boo
Yeah, that's a bit of a drive for you, Chris - just to get a desert jar. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I just told Angie @AZK that there's a ton of "deserts in jar" on Pinterest. They're SO cute and so good.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I don't know how far Huntsville is from where you live, Jenn, but the one we went to is in Tulsa which is a bit of a drive for us. We had to go to the airport to pick somebody up and we ate there. I'd never heard of it before. The punpkin cheesecake desert jar was so good!
I just looked on Google maps...the closest one is about 40 minutes from us...if we are ever out in that area I will have to check it out!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I just saw this thread and thought I'd jump in. A Slim Chickens opened only a couple of miles from us, so now I have to try it! I definitely need dessert (or two) in a jar. :D

@scribler Ours is in Lakewood Ranch, but I don't know if that's even farther than Tampa for you.
Yay Diane - it's definitely worth the drive "thru". At least the desert in a jar is. You might want to get two of them. :floorlaugh: