Oscraps

Framing advice

petey111

The school where I teach (and am leaving after 13 years) is on an arboretum. We have many acres of trees and it's beautiful, especially out back. I have a panoramic photograph of the back in each season. Here's is the summer one:

I want to somehow take the four photographs and put them together in a framed photo as a gift for the staff. But I'm not quite sure how to put four panos in one framed photo. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

felis

My suggestion is to print them on poster.
Make the design that you want in your photo editing program and then choose the size on the poster. I'm print in Shutterfly and Photobox.co.uk and I'm more happy with results of the second, but other costumers are argued me that reason is in my photos quality, so this is just my personal opinion, not the advise.

Delivering of framed poster will cost too high for my, so what I prefer is to order poster online and on the local place to frame it. Into the atelier where framing a tapestries makes frames in any sizes for customer order.

petey111

I am struggling with how to put 4 long horizontal photos on the "layout". Anyone ever try that before?

felis

Will looks something like that, but of course this is too fast made :).
Have option for Framed (this on a pic), but also have paper and mounted on on forex Poster Prints. I'm not try, but I suspect that same poster layout can be posted also like regular photo so this give you also bunch other possibilities of materials for Wall Art prints.
poster2_1.jpg

Sorry, this gone too descriptive, I'm just trying to be helpful as much as you can, and hope not bored you!
Save

Ellen

if it were me I'd put each season in a separate frame - i know more expense but...

Or can you do 1 season and then put part of summer on top -then autumn on another part of the big picture then winter . So you see the changes like a running picture .

A bit like this but then horizontal
wallpaper_20091109122830_18735121822.jpg

petey111

if it were me I'd put each season in a separate frame - i know more expense but...

Maybe that's what I need to do. I probably just need to try some different options and see wha they look like.

Thanks ladies!