Oscraps

First week after first chemo

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Hi Evelyn, sory for my late respons. My husband always said that he didn't mind me loosing my hear, but loosing my eyebrows and lashes he found much worse. He said it made me look like a ghost. Also because at the end of chemo I looked very pale.
My memories af the end of chemo aren't really sharp, my head wasn't working so well anymore. I did have 6 months of chemo, first week a large round, second week a small round, third week off.
I can't tell you how long it took before my hear grew back, I do remember when it did grow back it went fast. But I don't think it took too long after chemo to grow again. And yes, I did grow curls, which was very weird, because I never had a curl in my life. Color was the same though.
I also remember very well how angry I felt when hair grew back in places women prefer to not have a lot of hairs. I felt that as so unfair :giggle4:.
But there are a lot of women who hates losing their hair. It makes you feel less a woman and people stare at you.
It was worse for my kids. When I went out with my kids I did ware a hat. My kids were in the middle of their puberty, and they hated being watch.
I can image your granddaughter being scared seeing you without hair. Perhaps tell her in an easy way and let her feel. When she knows it is still you and you haven't changed I'm sure it will get easier for the both of you.
:hug4:
Thank you so much for sharing your journey with me Jeannette. I know that it is a hard journey and changes people for sure. A survivor means someone had to go through something hard to survive. It does also take away a bit of sense of security. I know that God is in control and He has His plans for my life. I am blessed that it was found early and had not metastasized. I
know there are others who had a harder and longer path to work through on their journey with cancer. I have some ladies on a TNBC group I'm in talk about hair growth! One lady said she was going in for a double mastectomy when she looked down and realized how hairy her legs were! I am sure the nurses were used to that. Another lady was saying her arms were really hairy! I guess I will have to wait and see what happens!:D My eyebrows have already been wonky. Half of them are gray and hard to see and the other side is still dark. I still have them and my eyelashes but expect them to fall out too.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Hi Evelyn!
I don't know you and we've never chatted. I just read your post here and I wanted to say I've added you to my prayer list and I'll be sure to pray your will, spirit and faith all stay strong in addition to praying for your chemo to work well and bring you healing. I hope your holiday season keeps your heart full of love for those you hold dear. ~Angela~
Thank you so much, Angela! I appreciate your prayers and encouragement so much! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season as well!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Sending you love and healing vibes!
Thank you so much, Vicki! Today has been a very good day for me! I had been sick with a fever a few days this week and felt rough but am over the hump with that thanks to a strong antibiotic! I have had so much fun working on the scavenger hunt and am now working on the gift challenge. You have done such a wonderful job of creating such a wonderful event for people to enjoy. :heartpumpred: