Oscraps

February Art Journal Challenge - Week 4

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
We are in the final week of February. Can y'all believe that? I still feel like we should be at the beginning for the month.

For the month of February, the theme for the Art Journal challenges is "Discover". I am going to give you a few quotes and journal prompts centered around the idea of discovery. Then I want you to discover where these quotes/prompts take you.

Quotes
  • One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. --Henry Ford
  • Learning how to be kind to ourselves, learning how to respect ourselves, is important. The reason it's important is that, fundamentally, when we look into our own hearts and begin to discover what is confused and what is brilliant, what is bitter and what is sweet, it isn't just ourselves that we're discovering. We're discovering the universe. --Pema Chodron
  • Discover your deep inner-self and from that place spread love in every direction. --Amit Ray
  • The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. --Marcel Proust
  • We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery. --Samuel Smiles
  • I think self discovery is the greatest achievement in life. Because once you discover yourself and accept what you are, then you can fulfill your true potential and be happy. --Marcho Pierre White

Journal Prompts
  • What are the three things you like most about yourself?
  • If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
  • What are your three best traits?
  • What are your three worst traits?
  • Where is your safe place?
  • What are your favorite songs? What do they mean to you?
  • How would you describe yourself to a stranger?
  • What are five things you're grateful for?
  • If you could tell your high school self one thing what would it be?
  • Write about a goal you have and the steps you can take to achieve it.
  • What is your biggest goal right now?
  • What bad habit would you like to quit?
  • What negative thoughts have you struggled with lately?
  • Write down a daily affirmation for today.

You can choose to make one page each week or create one page that encompasses all four of your journaling prompts. Ona has created these templates that you can use to easily divide your page in to four parts. Thank you @wombat146

Divided Templates

I of course went with the divided page. Here's my week four portion.

DiscoverFebAJWk4.jpg

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing. Remember, you have all month to complete any or all of this month's challenges. If you create a divided page, you will still receive one entry for each week that you complete.

Challenge Rules:
  1. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on February 29, 2024 to complete your pages for this challenge.
  2. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  3. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  4. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  5. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
I hope you enjoy working with this week's prompts. I can't wait to see what y'all create.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
  2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
  3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
What wonderful quotes and prompts, Cindy. I'm completing my divided template on "discovery" of moving on without my husband, though he's still with me in Spirit, I have to discover how to go it alone. The easiest way for me to achieve this goal for the month was to use the Divided Template and take it in small sections. Here's my fourth and final week for this month's challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
What wonderful quotes and prompts, Cindy. I'm completing my divided template on "discovery" of moving on without my husband, though he's still with me in Spirit, I have to discover how to go it alone. The easiest way for me to achieve this goal for the month was to use the Divided Template and take it in small sections. Here's my fourth and final week for this month's challenge.

This is so heartfelt... I can feel your emotions as you go through each day. I am always here to listen and give you someone who understands the journey. :hug1: