Oscraps

Family Tree Album

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
I am working on a family tree album which will date back to the Revolutionary War. I am trying to stick to one lineage at a time, but I don't know how to handle the histories of the other lines that marry into the main line. I have offset some shorter stories by using large parenthesis around the offshoot, but when two major lines converge through a marriage I don't know how to combine the lines.

I am not doing separate chapters because I want the main line to be one long cohesive story. This reminds me of my high school history classes -- it seemed only one country was making history at any given time --> I never knew what China was doing when we had our civil war?

I hope this makes sense. If anyone has done this and has any suggestions, please let me know.
I already have 21 pages finished on the main lineage, so I can't do a major overhaul on that. This needs to be finished by mid July for a family reunion.

petey111

I haven't tried one as in-depth or detailed as that, so I don't think that I'm a big help. Jean does lots of genealogy maybe she has some ideas for you.