Oscraps

External Hard Drive Crashed

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I knew my external hard drive was getting filled quickly so I bought another one a few months back. Thankfully I did because yesterday my older external hard drive crashed! I spent almost all day yesterday trying to recover my files from Backblaze. I still have a lot of scrapbook kits to reload but I am so thankful that I had bought a subscription to Backblaze a few years ago. I had heard others talking about losing files because their hard drive crashed. I am so thankful I can recover my files!

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Ah man, I am sorry that happened!!! That reminds me that I need to do a backup of my PC...I am SO bad about doing that, even though I have a reminder on my phone that goes off every few weeks :lalala::giggle4:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Ah man, I am sorry that happened!!! That reminds me that I need to do a backup of my PC...I am SO bad about doing that, even though I have a reminder on my phone that goes off every few weeks :lalala::giggle4:
Jenn, I know what you mean! I pay for Backblaze and they back up my computer and external hard drive. If it were up to me, I would forget. I have been known to have reminders on my phone and I don't remember to look at them!:floorlaugh: Once it was a reminder to stop at the bank on my way home and I saw it when I was almost home and had to turn around and go back!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Well, at least you have Backblaze, Evelyn. I sometimes wonder if it's worth it, but I'm sure it is. Good luck,
Cheryl, it is soooo worth it! I would have lost all of my files and so many photos and other important documents if I had not had Backblaze. I was not good about backing up my files on my own. Backblaze does it automatically or I would have been in trouble!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oooo, so happy for you you already had a new one. It's always awful when something like this happens.
I'm so glad I had it on hand! My old one was filling up so I bought a new one with more memory. I thank the Lord I did! I didn't realize how soon I would need it!

zanthia

CHEERY O
I knew my external hard drive was getting filled quickly so I bought another one a few months back. Thankfully I did because yesterday my older external hard drive crashed! I spent almost all day yesterday trying to recover my files from Backblaze. I still have a lot of scrapbook kits to reload but I am so thankful that I had bought a subscription to Backblaze a few years ago. I had heard others talking about losing files because their hard drive crashed. I am so thankful I can recover my files!
sorry that happened to you - know what its like as it happened to me last year - my external dying. it takes forever to manually restore files from a hard drive from back blaze but at least they are there.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
sorry that happened to you - know what its like as it happened to me last year - my external dying. it takes forever to manually restore files from a hard drive from back blaze but at least they are there.
You are so right! I have been working on this all week when I had time. It is very time consuming but I am so glad I can recover my files!