Oscraps

Exercise/Healthy Habits Check In

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Chris, I don't think there's anything much better than Callanetics., unless you go full-on ballet. It's based on ballet moves plus core strength. You know it's effective by how long it's been around. Good for you that you can do a plank already.

I just finished my workout - Treadmill, core training (now I can say Callanetics moves), squats and my wall push-ups.

timounette

CHEERY O
Hello girls,
Unfortunately I have a calf muscle strain and it's slowing me down a bit in my sports. I can still work on my upper body and do abs.
I did 30 minutes of exercise yesterday and today.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@timounette and @Cherylndesigns
#cheer1

So proud of you.

Sandrine, I am in awe, I would have used a muscle strain as an excuse to be 100% lazy

I was able to get YouTube set up through the firestick and did a nice 20-min Beginners routine. It was a little more beginner than I needed but I really focused on form and breathing instead.
Cheryl, I saved the videos to watch later but they didn't show up in my YT account. When I logged in, there were 2 accounts listed so picked the main one I use. At that point, I couldn't deal with the Firestick remote any longer than I had to. I'll try again :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@timounette and @Cherylndesigns
#cheer1

So proud of you.

Sandrine, I am in awe, I would have used a muscle strain as an excuse to be 100% lazy

I was able to get YouTube set up through the firestick and did a nice 20-min Beginners routine. It was a little more beginner than I needed but I really focused on form and breathing instead.
Cheryl, I saved the videos to watch later but they didn't show up in my YT account. When I logged in, there were 2 accounts listed so picked the main one I use. At that point, I couldn't deal with the Firestick remote any longer than I had to. I'll try again :)
Okay, don't faint dead away but I'm awake. Here's a link to the beginning Callanetics Program:

Did you hit subscribe? You should be able to go into your saved subscriptions and retreive it. I watch mine on my computer - haven't tried the Firestick. Are you downloading them on your TV? I really want you to try these!! If you watch Callan's philosophy and her beginning programs, you'll understand the program and how she started it. She studied classical ballet her whole life, then went off back-packing in the mountains and returned with severe curvature of the spine. Her beginning program is so gentle and any not harmful for any age. Her 70 something mother was one of her first pupils.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
How is everyone doing, staying on track?#cheer1
It's ok if you're not. Try again, that is what I attempt with varying degrees of success

I am still going strong every day so far.
Check out my habit tracker :
PXL_20230126_162016705.jpg
Next week I am going to add drinking 50 oz of water. Wait, Why should I wait until next week, I'll start tomorrow. I know that is going to be one I am going to struggle with when it's cold. I'll try my best

Cheryl, I am 100% Luddite when it comes to YouTube and Firesticks *waves arms* all that. I added the Callantetics to my YouTube and watched it on the tv. Then I realized it was just the intro and after fumbling around with the remotes, I could not figure out how to add the videos to watch on TV. Blergh!

timounette

CHEERY O
It's great and nice at the same time Chris !

I 'm always in.
Tonight I danced with Laura 25 min and I did one minute of gainage (daily routine).
I have won two month free on Laura's plateform in december. And I like it.
You can have a look on what she proposes on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/@alabarrecommelaura102

And I also have been following Alexandre (a physiotherapist) on Instagram since the first lockdown in 2020.
he also has some videos on you tube : https://www.youtube.com/@pamz_therapy7669/videos

Sometimes when I am a bit lazy I can do walk at home by following a video on this you tube channel (american one) : https://www.youtube.com/@LeslieSansonesWalkatHome

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That is awesome, Sandrine. :dance2:
I tend to have an all-or-nothing state of mind so I am hoping that I can accept that even when I feel lazy, I can do something small. Something is better than nothing.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
As for me: Day Four is in the books!
Now I am up to Day 17!
I haven't missed a day of yoga yet. I was thinking that after 21 days-- when it is supposed to become a habit- I was going to switch to 3-4 times a week. But I don't know if that is the best way to go or if I should stick to at least 10 minutes a day every day. I'm leaning to every day.
I am definitely getting better balanced which is amazing for me. AND-- I am noticing that I am "stacking my joints" just during the day. Maybe someday I will have better posture :)

How are you ladies doing?