Oscraps

Do you have any "Office Mates"?

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Precious!!! :lovey3: Oh yes, my kitty Luna is on my desk A LOT, all up in my face, getting fur everywhere....LOL I always have little clumps of fur on my keyboard tray from me giving her pets :giggle4: It is on our to-do list to vacuum out the computers because I KNOW that there is probably a ton of fur in all of our PCs! Apollo, my oldest daughter's kitty, will come up on my desk sometimes, but he likes to mess with my hands when I am typing, which can be painful when he actually gets me, so I usually put on one of those bird videos for cats on YouTube and he watches that and occasionally bats at my big monitor, which is actually a TV...LOL Other than that, I do hold the snakes a lot, but I am usually watching The Chateau Diaries on YouTube when holding Whisper because she always seems to enjoy those, or watching a movie or random video...designing while holding them is not ideal, unless they are wrapped around my neck :heartpumplove:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Jenn, @joyfulheartdesigns you totally get it. I had to take a picture of these two today. They're SO cute together. When we adopted the cat, the lady at the Humage Society said that he didn't like dogs. My husband, matter of factly said "he'll get over that" and he did.

I can't see me working with a snake around my neck. But other than that, I hear ya about the kitty fur. Our dog doesn't shed but the cat does. I don't let him up on my desk, but Chuck did. It was hard to break him from that habit, he used to jump right up on my keyboard and that was crazy if I was right in the middle of a layout. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Jenn, @joyfulheartdesigns you totally get it. I had to take a picture of these two today. They're SO cute together. When we adopted the cat, the lady at the Humage Society said that he didn't like dogs. My husband, matter of factly said "he'll get over that" and he did.

I can't see me working with a snake around my neck. But other than that, I hear ya about the kitty fur. Our dog doesn't shed but the cat does. I don't let him up on my desk, but Chuck did. It was hard to break him from that habit, he used to jump right up on my keyboard and that was crazy if I was right in the middle of a layout. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:
Yeah, there are times when I have to shoo her off because I am working on something important and cannot see the screen, but I always feel badly because I KNOW there will be a day when I wish I could have her back on my desk, in my face, leaving fur everywhere! It is a struggle mentally... :(

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yeah, there are times when I have to shoo her off because I am working on something important and cannot see the screen, but I always feel badly because I KNOW there will be a day when I wish I could have her back on my desk, in my face, leaving fur everywhere! It is a struggle mentally... :(
I hear ya. Every time I feel like I'm a little bit cross with them, (especially the dog), the thought flashes across my mind that I'll miss them and feel bad. Oh, the guilt. :lol23: :lol23: :lol23:

AK_Tracy

The office is set up for homeschool and the big dogs follow my son and lay around the wheels of his chair. He cant scoot over to the shelves for a new book without moving dogs first. And the wheels of the office chair oh the hair. I sit on the couch with my laptop and put my feet up. I will either have a little dog on my legs or a big dog under my foot rest. Have to look before I put the feet down so I dont squish the dog.

mimes1

CHEERY O
IMG_5382.jpeg
Here’s Gunner. He has this big squishy bed right next to my desk between my chair and the wall. This was last night. Belle sewed him the blanket. This is a 70# dog! He was The Protector over my mom and Ike. Now that they’re both gone he’s becoming a Mamas boy.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Reesie, our 106# puppy is big enough that he’s learned he can come right up to me at the computer, he’s chest high, and gets his nose under my arm, then flings my arm with his nose right off the mouse! He thinks it hilarious. It gets my attention because invariably it’s just ruined an extraction or given me an extra something somewhere on my layout. Then I have to go find the mouse. And then he gets a pet or a trip outside or a treat because he’s so darn cute.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Do any ot you have any cute animal tales (of any kind that keep you company while you're working. No matter which room I'm in, my dog and cat are in there, too. They each have their own beds in my office and they just "know" whose bed is who's. (They're so smart). :lol23: :lol23:

This is probably a conversation for another day, but I can't wait.

My cat (an orange Tabby AKA American Short \ Hair/aka Alley Cat) were gotten for me and Chuck "hated" cats. Guess what? Cats just know who to bond with. They both picked him to be "their person", San couldn't stay off of him. Chuck spoiled Sam loved him so much and he let him lay on top of his desk and his computer. He thought it was cute. Jenn @joyfull heart designse and I were talking about all the cat hair on our keyboards. But I digress Sam misses his buddy Chuck and Daisy really does too. We;re a buncg of sad sacjs
a bunch of sad sacks around here some days. We're all getting better and stronger, but they still look for him.
The photo answers your question, Cheryl. My 3 cats basically followed me everywhere I went. Unfortunately, that is now a thing of the past as they have all gone over the Rainbow Bridge.

View attachment 428251
I'm so sorry, Sylvia. What beautiful cats. Mine follows me everywhere too - along with the dog.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
The office is set up for homeschool and the big dogs follow my son and lay around the wheels of his chair. He cant scoot over to the shelves for a new book without moving dogs first. And the wheels of the office chair oh the hair. I sit on the couch with my laptop and put my feet up. I will either have a little dog on my legs or a big dog under my foot rest. Have to look before I put the feet down so I dont squish the dog.
Sounds familiar. Daisy is often laying on the wheels of my chair, too. If I don't look, I would roll over her tail.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
View attachment 428274
Cocoa Puff loves winter time the best as mom always has a blanket on her lap.
View attachment 428275
Lucy us entitled and always gives me the look of "what you want me to move"

I know I have photos to the bigs under my feet but cant find them at the moment.
They're SO cute, Tracy. "It's their world - we're just living in it." :giggle4::giggle4:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
View attachment 428346
Here’s Gunner. He has this big squishy bed right next to my desk between my chair and the wall. This was last night. Belle sewed him the blanket. This is a 70# dog! He was The Protector over my mom and Ike. Now that they’re both gone he’s becoming a Mamas boy.
What a cutie. 70 pounds is a big dog. Daisy and Sam (my cat) have done the same thing. The cat loved Chuck and wouldn't stay off of him. Daisy was very attached to him, too. They were "lost souls" for awhile, but we're falling into a routine. I know what you mea. My dog always acts like she's protecting me now.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Reesie, our 106# puppy is big enough that he’s learned he can come right up to me at the computer, he’s chest high, and gets his nose under my arm, then flings my arm with his nose right off the mouse! He thinks it hilarious. It gets my attention because invariably it’s just ruined an extraction or given me an extra something somewhere on my layout. Then I have to go find the mouse. And then he gets a pet or a trip outside or a treat because he’s so darn cute.
OMGosh, Daisy does the same thing. She's 50 pounds so not a small dog.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
What can I say...?? I have 13 cats and 1 dog so ... I have an office in the middle of blankets, mattresses and cat trees.
Therefore, from what I can see, it is I who live in their house and not them in mine. :giggle4:
Oh my goodness, Ana. I thought my office looked messy with two blankets in it. I know they all want to be with you. They're little social critters, aren't they???

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Oh my goodness, Ana. I thought my office looked messy with two blankets in it. I know they all want to be with you. They're little social critters, aren't they???
LoL. social? they are an extension of me, I can't do anything without at least one of them being present. If I open a door, three or four come in front of me, if I lean over a little there are always those who jump on my back and sometimes I barely fall because I lift one foot to walk and when I'm about to put it down there's someone who suddenly passes by in a hurry and takes it. Well, let's just say it's a house full of action, LoL :floorlaugh:
Your office is super ok, believe me.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
LoL. social? they are an extension of me, I can't do anything without at least one of them being present. If I open a door, three or four come in front of me, if I lean over a little there are always those who jump on my back and sometimes I barely fall because I lift one foot to walk and when I'm about to put it down there's someone who suddenly passes by in a hurry and takes it. Well, let's just say it's a house full of action, LoL :floorlaugh:
Your office is super ok, believe me.
I can just see you with a cat on your back, while you trying to them and some of them are winding through your legs. :rotfl:

mimes1

CHEERY O
The photo answers your question, Cheryl. My 3 cats basically followed me everywhere I went. Unfortunately, that is now a thing of the past as they have all gone over the Rainbow Bridge.

View attachment 428251
What a sweet kitty. I'm so sorry that all your babies have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. :brokenheart: What wonderful memories you have -I'm glad we have a place to share them here with each other.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
That's an excellent point of view dear Sylvia. If it was just the rent I would be satisfied, LoL they eat a lot, there are a lot of them... in litter alone it's a fortune. But, well, we do all for our kids, right?
Oh yes, Ana, there are many more, especially with 13 cats... I can just imagine what happens if you give them food or some of them hog the litter box while one of them is in there... but they bring so much joy that everything else fades into the background.