Oscraps

Do You Have a Genealogy Christmas Wish List?

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Other than some nice scrapbook binders to put my pages in, I actually have a few.

I would love to do both an autosomal and mtDNA test - and for my father or brother to do a YDNA test. You may or may not know that YDNA and mtDNA tests lead directly to the next generation back and back and back in a direct line. Exact matches break down brick walls faster than autosomal but cast a much tighter, smaller net. But we really need them to get back before 1804 with a high degree of accuracy.

I would love to have an electronic copy of the Parts of Lindsey Parish Map for Lincolnshire. I have Kesteven - it was an Ancestry and is gone now - but most of my kin were in Lindsey. It would be so helpful to map them out to see what patterns emerge.

I have access to Ancestry, Find My Past, and 5 other major sites. I can tell you how to do this and not break the bank but it has to be via email. The agreement is we won't discuss it publicly. So PM me your email addy if you are interested. But I would like to add The Genealogist and maybe better access for Scotland and Ireland.

I also want a map rail and some nice big maps to hang on my workroom wall when I get to Daddy's house. Along with some sturdy shelves to put my binders on.

And I wish with all my heart I could go back in time and talk to so many of my ancestors.

What do you wish for?

LSlycord

I wish to make some connections with real people who are descendants of my g-grandparents or g-g-grandparents who may have stories to pass down. The number of people who are living and have stories...well, they get fewer and fewer. And I'd love to share those stories... My wish is a bit tougher to accomplish. Need to think about that a bit!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
That first wish is a continuing one on my wish list, too. I've had pretty good luck with it so far but you are right - there are fewer each year. I'm pretty sure Daddy is the Patriarch of my Wood family and my cousin Trudy matriarch. Getting, too close!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I made a happy discovery today. I already have a copy of the parish map I wished for. I found it in a back up copy of my family files. Hooray!