Oscraps

DAY 4 JUNE 16 - BIRTHDAY TEMPLATE | CHALLENGE

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
header-2024-web-800-jpg.420516

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your time here at Oscraps as we celebrate our 18th birthday! I'm Angie, and I am your host for today's Birthday Event challenge, a template challenge!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't enjoy cooking or baking--I would much rather be eating! Being a digital scrapper, however, I do like to decorate things, so I decided to have us all decorate a cake that we don't have to bake first! Here is a template for you to use:

Your challenge will be to use this template in a layout. You can decorate your cake in any manner that you like, as long as I can still see the basic template. You can grab the template HERE! Scroll down the page a little and the download link is right there! The template will be a .psd file. If you need .png's, let me know in this thread and I'll get them to you!

Some ideas:
  • Just decorate the cake, leaving it the sole focus of your page, like I did for my layout.​
  • Use the cake shape as part of your background, with photos or other elements as the focal point.​
  • Clip a photo to one or more of the layer shapes. Or even the whole cake!​
  • You can remove a layer or the plate and stand, but I still want to see at least a 2-layer cake.​
Here's a closer look at my layout, using Desert Rose, an Oscraps Designer Collab from 2016:

Template-Challenge-Bday-2024.jpg

Upload your completed project to the 18th Birthday Party (2024) gallery, and then link it back here by posting in this thread. Make sure you follow the rules below to earn your chance for prizes, both for this challenge, and for the Grand Prize! Here's what you can win in this challenge!​
- Winner 1 - $10 coupon for Magical Reality Designs
- Winner 2 - $5 coupon for CRK Designs
- Winner 3 - $5 coupon for Lorie Davison

*All challenge and game prize coupons will be distributed within 10 days of the event closing at the end of the month.

Have fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

RULES:

- Use the template provided to create a project that uses the cake shape as part of your design. You have a fair amount of leeway as to how you use the template, but I must be able to recognize the cake shape.
- Please use 100% Oscraps products. (Please note this is different from our regular monthly challenges.)
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Create a post in the 2024 BIRTHDAY TRACKING THREAD to keep track of your completed layouts games participation.
(We select our Grand Prize winners from this thread, so create a post now and remember to keep updating it throughout the month! :))
- Your page must be posted in the Special O-vents Gallery 18th Birthday Party (2024) by PST 11.59 pm Sunday 30 June 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to do this.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited by a moderator:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I just love your sample page Angie, what a fabulous template you created for us to use!!! ♥

Reactions: AZK