Oscraps

Daily O's: Monday, April 22, 2024

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Linda... thanks for remembering that Chris is traveling and starting the Chatter thread today. So good to see you posting again. You were missed, gal Sounds like you will be gallivanting all over! Enjoy it! Glad you found the house in Iowa.

Going from cool weather to HOT... today will hit 80 and tomorrow will be 84!!! If the winds are calm, I will open the house up and air it out. Love it when I can open windows in the morning and have the windows open. Need to start the laundry and change sheets on the bed.

Will pop back in later to see how everyone is doing.

JeanneMN

That's one more thing than I've remembered and not wild about the one thing I did remember:

UGH, GGH! whine, whine

I knew my system drive was getting full, a 2TB drive and all my pig size programs are on my D drive so not quite sure how that happens. Yesterday it was red lined so I need to do something. C'est la vie. I've cleaned as much as I could but gained very little. Everything ix backed up. I've run diagnostics and haven't found any errors, but I think a clean Windows 11 install is my only option at this point. I don't have any important files on it so I think I'll wipe it clean. My security software shows registry issues but not sure I want it to fix those. I can still pester you from my Surface Pro, but I don't scrap on it, I need my 27" monitor for that. Isn't technology grand?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

Linda thanks for opening the thread. Good to see you back in here. I too forgot that Chris was traveling today and have been working on a layout for prerelease since I got up. Well, it's only 57 but going up to 71, the the rest of the week looks good during the day at least. We still don't have a single darned night that doesn't stay in the sixties. Mostly fifties and one night in the forties.

Jeanne @JeanneMN technology is grand, I agree. I'm constantly deleting what I can and have two 2 TB EHD's that are almst full, as wel as my D drive on my laptop. UGH. Like you, it never seems to make much of a difference how much I delete. I guess I need to get a new EHD/

Adrienne and I went grocery shopping at Walmart yesterday - we normally do pickup, but we both wanted to look at kitchen organizers and wanted to go in the store. Of course, I always forget something - I forgot dog food. So, I'll have to run to Dollar General later in the week. Since Roger's gone, we'll be running around more, so I'll get some somewhere.

That's about all of my news. Color Play is done for March - so I know we're all anxiously awaiting April's CP. I post CP on Instagram every weekend and I did my last post yesterday.

Happy Earth Day - it's officially today, although we've been posting about it all weekend.

XOXO

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Ladies! Its a ........... yeah dont have a fun word for it at the moment......... 32 degrees. But the sun is up and I can see it so that means it should hit 45 today!!! Maybe 50 if youre standing in the sun. Great day for hanging laundry outside to dry. I wont have to thaw it and toss in dryer.

Monday is house cleaning day so I wont be here much but I am having fun and I think I have found my place since Scrap Girls is closing next week. :crying1: I love all the comments, warm welcome, inclusion, and everyone giving back story here so the newbies could follow what was happening. I really love that. You all didn't have to but you did so we would be included and that was beyond lovely.:love:

I love all the amazing nice fun comments in the gallery too. I was worried about that and I dont know why since youre all so loving. Its been fun to join the challenges and get such amazing feedback.

Did I mention I found my new home?? :floorlaugh: I think I did. :tongueout1: So all that to say, ya done it now.... I'm not leaving and I have unpacked my bags and left my mess in my room. :couchtv::couchhide: Now, what snacks can I find? Hmmmmm maybe I'll just go browse the gallery. Oh wait, its Monday, gotta clean.......... squirrel........ look at those amazing layouts........oooooo friends to talk to.......... wait....... laundry must be washed. Cant run around with nothing on or everyone will evict me. :oops2:

Have a wonderful day!! See you in-between bouts of cleaning.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I got some CT work done, will shower and head out to Costco soon (looking for a small freezer for the garage). We really miss having the second freezer, we've always had one but when we sold the house the new owners asked if they could have ours b/c it fit the space so nicely downstairs, so now it's time to get a new one. Even tho it's only 2 of us (Jen has her own second freezer in her apartment downstairs), we seem to stockpile a lot of stuff so it's really necessary.

Tonight I have my mahjong lesson, I think I'm really going to enjoy this game but it sure has a lot of rules to learn. Tomorrow morning is mexican train (dominos) at a friend's home, then Thurs night game night at the legion. We are really enjoying all the game activities we are involved in. The first book club meeting is Wed night, so I'll meet a whole new group of people there. So now you see why my scrapping has dropped off a bit LOL. Between games, birding, dog park and pickleball, I haven't got the free time I used to have. I've got activities now almost every day of the week.

We caught up on The Cleaning Lady, what a good show.

@scrap-genie Thx Jean for sharing the link to the info on grebes. I haven't really checked out the website much but that is one of the groups that I go out birding with every week.

@AK_Tracy Glad you are enjoying it here. I've been a member for many years and it's my second family. We've been chilly here too, hovering just above freezing last week but this week warming up to 40/50ish. We get winter days here right up until June, only a day or two, but just enough to remind us that the cold days can come anytime.

@LSlycord Forgot Chris is away with her mom today, good thing you remembered. Hope the biz is going well and you have a trip coming up don't you? Alaska is later this year but isn't there something soon? I am looking for the fall, maybe a week cruise along the Canada east coast. Haven't seen the right deal yet but we have time and luckily can do last minute cruises so will keep looking.

@Cherylndesigns I always forget stuff at the store too, even when I have a list on my phone. I'm going back to the store today b/c I forgot salad greens and sesame oil.

I'd better hop in the shower and get out of here. HAGD everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all. I just happened to remember that @faerywings was traveling today. Then I remembered that @vickyday was traveling today. So I decided to brush off my old skills and open a thread.

Good weather today...the awful heat is gone for a couple of weeks. At least, I hope so!
Nope! I'm back in town! Got back yesterday! But it is so good to see you in here again! I have missed you!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Ladies! Its a ........... yeah dont have a fun word for it at the moment......... 32 degrees. But the sun is up and I can see it so that means it should hit 45 today!!! Maybe 50 if youre standing in the sun. Great day for hanging laundry outside to dry. I wont have to thaw it and toss in dryer.

Monday is house cleaning day so I wont be here much but I am having fun and I think I have found my place since Scrap Girls is closing next week. :crying1: I love all the comments, warm welcome, inclusion, and everyone giving back story here so the newbies could follow what was happening. I really love that. You all didn't have to but you did so we would be included and that was beyond lovely.:love:

I love all the amazing nice fun comments in the gallery too. I was worried about that and I dont know why since youre all so loving. Its been fun to join the challenges and get such amazing feedback.

Did I mention I found my new home?? :floorlaugh: I think I did. :tongueout1: So all that to say, ya done it now.... I'm not leaving and I have unpacked my bags and left my mess in my room. :couchtv::couchhide: Now, what snacks can I find? Hmmmmm maybe I'll just go browse the gallery. Oh wait, its Monday, gotta clean.......... squirrel........ look at those amazing layouts........oooooo friends to talk to.......... wait....... laundry must be washed. Cant run around with nothing on or everyone will evict me. :oops2:

Have a wonderful day!! See you in-between bouts of cleaning.
Yeah, you definitely fit right in around here, Tracy! :yourock:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I got some CT work done, will shower and head out to Costco soon (looking for a small freezer for the garage). We really miss having the second freezer, we've always had one but when we sold the house the new owners asked if they could have ours b/c it fit the space so nicely downstairs, so now it's time to get a new one. Even tho it's only 2 of us (Jen has her own second freezer in her apartment downstairs), we seem to stockpile a lot of stuff so it's really necessary.

Tonight I have my mahjong lesson, I think I'm really going to enjoy this game but it sure has a lot of rules to learn. Tomorrow morning is mexican train (dominos) at a friend's home, then Thurs night game night at the legion. We are really enjoying all the game activities we are involved in. The first book club meeting is Wed night, so I'll meet a whole new group of people there. So now you see why my scrapping has dropped off a bit LOL. Between games, birding, dog park and pickleball, I haven't got the free time I used to have. I've got activities now almost every day of the week.

@scrap-genie Thx Jean for sharing the link to the info on grebes. I haven't really checked out the website much but that is one of the groups that I go out birding with every week.

@AK_Tracy Glad you are enjoying it here. I've been a member for many years and it's my second family. We've been chilly here too, hovering just above freezing last week but this week warming up to 40/50ish. We get winter days here right up until June, only a day or two, but just enough to remind us that the cold days can come anytime.

@LSlycord Forgot Chris is away with her mom today, good thing you remembered. Hope the biz is going well and you have a trip coming up don't you? Alaska is later this year but isn't there something soon? I am looking for the fall, maybe a week cruise along the Canada east coast. Haven't seen the right deal yet but we have time and luckily can do last minute cruises so will keep looking.

@Cherylndesigns I always forget stuff at the store too, even when I have a list on my phone. I'm going back to the store today b/c I forgot salad greens and sesame oil.

Is your Jen still looking to move in the future? I know you are going to miss her being so close!
Sounds like you have really found some great groups to become a part of and so quickly, too!
I've seen previews for The Cleaning Lady but Mark never stops on it! I think I'll ask him to take a look!
Does the mahjong group play as a board game? I've played it on the computer before. It is a fun game.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon to Everyone!
I'm glad to be back from our trip to PA. It was a great week, but I was ready to get back!

Thanks to @Cherylndesigns and my new sleepy time tea before bed, I am sleeping much better! I'm going to bed earlier which means I'm up earlier, too! I was awake by 6 and got up with Mark at 6:30. I asked him to lift my suitcase onto the bed so I could empty it. Then I started my laundry. When the second load finished washing I went to get Mark's laundry baskets only to find them empty! How nice is that! I thanked him for doing his laundry but told him he didn't have to do that! He said he didn't want me to have it all to do when I got back! What a sweetheart! And the kitchen was clean, too! What a guy!

And he took me to lunch today, too!

Ilene called and said she was working on her laundry, too. And even though we just saw each other yesterday and all last week, we still talked for almost 30 minutes until I told her I had to get back to my laundry and get dressed to go to lunch with Mark!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the holistic-type of doctors to see what protocol I can start to better my osteoporosis and address my IBS issues. I want to read some more in the holistic book I just bought, too. I want to be able to take an active part in my healing process!

It is going to be chilly here all week and only reaching to low to mid 50's during the day! Last week while I was in PA it reached 90 one day! I'm glad I wasn't here that day! My sister said FL reached 90 last week, too, one day!

So our main reason for our PA trip to Amish country last week was to go to the Sight and Sound theater for the Daniel production. It was really good, but Moses was better, IMHO, last year! Next year is Noah. That ought to be a good one, too! We also visited Hershey, PA last week and toured the High Point Hershey home, went to the large Hershey store and toured the city in a trolley. Another day we shopped the Amish shops in Strasburg where we were staying and nearby communities (Paradise, Bird in Hand, Intercourse). We also took an Amish buggy tour. One day we just relaxed. It was mostly cloudy and cool and even rainy one day. I have a bit of a sore throat from the pollen/wind/coughing while there. The trip was 7 hours + with stops for gas/food/potty, so more like 8 hours +. All in all it was a great week!

HAGD!

LSlycord

Linda... thanks for remembering that Chris is traveling and starting the Chatter thread today. So good to see you posting again. You were missed, gal Sounds like you will be gallivanting all over! Enjoy it! Glad you found the house in Iowa.

Going from cool weather to HOT... today will hit 80 and tomorrow will be 84!!! If the winds are calm, I will open the house up and air it out. Love it when I can open windows in the morning and have the windows open. Need to start the laundry and change sheets on the bed.

Will pop back in later to see how everyone is doing.
It sounds like your weather is just the opposite of yours. But I know what you mean about the windows open...it's funny but it makes me feel like a little girl whenever we do it.

LSlycord

Nope! I'm back in town! Got back yesterday! But it is so good to see you in here again! I have missed you!
Glad you made it home safely. Did you get any good food on your Amish country trips? We have an Amish community in Iowa and they have the best home cooked meals.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oh, yes! And I bought plenty for Mark, too! He won't be able to eat it all at once or his sugar will go through the roof!
Glad you made it home safely. Did you get any good food on your Amish country trips? We have an Amish community in Iowa and they have the best home cooked meals.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
And I LOVE their butter-brickle ice cream and waffle cones! YUM!

JeanneMN

Life is all better in techie land, finally narrowed down my issue to the virtual drive. It was eating the space on the C drive. I had deleted everything on it yesterday thinking it might be that & after hours this morning poking around on Asus message board there was one more critical step to get the 1.7 TB to go home to the C drive where it belonged. WHEW !

@AK_Tracy OMG I am distracted very easily by squirrels and chickens! We really are related. I agree with you about finding a home here. My previous site didn't close, but I'm feeling more at home here for all the reasons you mentioned.

LSlycord

Alaska is my next trip Rae. We leave for Seattle on May 3. We get in late but will spend Saturday and Sunday morning wandering around Seattle. Then off to the cruise of Alaska. I'm really jazzed up. We are considering a fall cruise to see the leaves changing. But now that we have a place in Iowa, we may just spend September and October back there.

It sounds like you have found the perfect place with all of the activities and new friends. I am soooo happy for you.

AK_Tracy

Alaska is my next trip Rae. We leave for Seattle on May 3. We get in late but will spend Saturday and Sunday morning wandering around Seattle. Then off to the cruise of Alaska. I'm really jazzed up. We are considering a fall cruise to see the leaves changing. But now that we have a place in Iowa, we may just spend September and October back there.

It sounds like you have found the perfect place with all of the activities and new friends. I am soooo happy for you.
Dont come to Alaska for fall colors :floorlaugh: They go from green to yellow. All shades of yellow, gold, pale, yellow. So boring. It is just yellow. And cold. When they change its usually not warm. You will love AK in May. Things are sprouting, leaves are coming out. Snow is (mostly) all gone. Will you cruise into Seward or Juneau? Bring a sweater as it can still be cool when not in direct sunlight.

BoatLady

Wow so chatty here... I'm happy... We were at at camping rally in Sarasota...it was great and hot, saw old friends and made new ones. Today I got gel injections in my knees again in prep for our summer travels so I can walk on some of the trails in the national parks in Utah and Yellowstone
I have so much to learn about all of you.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Well I'm jumping on Tracy's coat-tails here. I've been lurking, all week! And like Debby, there's so much to learn about all of you! But I can say, that I also feel very welcomed here, and am enjoying all the chatter, the hi-jacked threads, (not naming names!) and general sense of a happy, well bonded community! I even asked my husband Mark just now if he'd heard of "The Cleaning Lady", and I told him "my ladies" from Oscraps recommended it, and he was impressed that I've found my new community! So thank you all for that! Tracy's unpacking and I'm sidling up to the couch to watch TV with you all.

I'm trying to tag people by typing "@" and the user name and nothing is happening. How do I tag you all? I'm doing something wrong because it's not working.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well I'm jumping on Tracy's coat-tails here. I've been lurking, all week! And like Debby, there's so much to learn about all of you! But I can say, that I also feel very welcomed here, and am enjoying all the chatter, the hi-jacked threads, (not naming names!) and general sense of a happy, well bonded community! I even asked my husband Mark just now if he'd heard of "The Cleaning Lady", and I told him "my ladies" from Oscraps recommended it, and he was impressed that I've found my new community! So thank you all for that! Tracy's unpacking and I'm sidling up to the couch to watch TV with you all.

I'm trying to tag people by typing "@" and the user name and nothing is happening. How do I tag you all? I'm doing something wrong because it's not working.

Welcome to the gang. First of all, the @ and username is very slow right now. Unfortunately, you don't know the user names yet, so what I've been having to do is just start typing their username and then it comes up. For some reason, it's just very slow right now. You're doing it right, it's just not working (very quickly) for some reason. Did somebody say hijack???:rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Wow so chatty here... I'm happy... We were at at camping rally in Sarasota...it was great and hot, saw old friends and made new ones. Today I got gel injections in my knees again in prep for our summer travels so I can walk on some of the trails in the national parks in Utah and Yellowstone
I have so much to learn about all of you.
Welcome to the chatty side, @BoatLady - this is where it happens. Glad you fun over the weekend.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good Afternoon to Everyone!
I'm glad to be back from our trip to PA. It was a great week, but I was ready to get back!

Thanks to @Cherylndesigns and my new sleepy time tea before bed, I am sleeping much better! I'm going to bed earlier which means I'm up earlier, too! I was awake by 6 and got up with Mark at 6:30. I asked him to lift my suitcase onto the bed so I could empty it. Then I started my laundry. When the second load finished washing I went to get Mark's laundry baskets only to find them empty! How nice is that! I thanked him for doing his laundry but told him he didn't have to do that! He said he didn't want me to have it all to do when I got back! What a sweetheart! And the kitchen was clean, too! What a guy!

And he took me to lunch today, too!

Ilene called and said she was working on her laundry, too. And even though we just saw each other yesterday and all last week, we still talked for almost 30 minutes until I told her I had to get back to my laundry and get dressed to go to lunch with Mark!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the holistic-type of doctors to see what protocol I can start to better my osteoporosis and address my IBS issues. I want to read some more in the holistic book I just bought, too. I want to be able to take an active part in my healing process!

It is going to be chilly here all week and only reaching to low to mid 50's during the day! Last week while I was in PA it reached 90 one day! I'm glad I wasn't here that day! My sister said FL reached 90 last week, too, one day!

So our main reason for our PA trip to Amish country last week was to go to the Sight and Sound theater for the Daniel production. It was really good, but Moses was better, IMHO, last year! Next year is Noah. That ought to be a good one, too! We also visited Hershey, PA last week and toured the High Point Hershey home, went to the large Hershey store and toured the city in a trolley. Another day we shopped the Amish shops in Strasburg where we were staying and nearby communities (Paradise, Bird in Hand, Intercourse). We also took an Amish buggy tour. One day we just relaxed. It was mostly cloudy and cool and even rainy one day. I have a bit of a sore throat from the pollen/wind/coughing while there. The trip was 7 hours + with stops for gas/food/potty, so more like 8 hours +. All in all it was a great week!

HAGD!
I'm so glad you and Ilene had a fun trip and Hershey PA - yum. I meant to tell you that my MIL lived on the edge of the Amish Acres in Indiana, and it was always such fun to go visit her. She always took me shopping in Amish Acres when we visited and I just loved all of the shops - oh my, their quilts! They were very camera shy and always pulled the curtains on their buggies when ccars went by them. She lived there for years and years. Glad you're back!

AK_Tracy

What???? Me????? :jail1: Hijack a thread??? I would never in a million years hija......... oh wait yeah that was me :floorlaugh:
Welcome @BoatLady and @mimes1 to the crazy room! Soon as I told hubs I had found sarcastic people he said, "well, guess ya know where youre gonna be spending time" :yesss: And he was right! This space reminds me of the challenges where we did the world tour at SG, only its every day fun. So Amy and Debby, what shall we watch???? :couchtv: I bought the extra large couch so we can all fit!!

DesignsByCRK

Designer
Well I'm jumping on Tracy's coat-tails here. I've been lurking, all week! And like Debby, there's so much to learn about all of you! But I can say, that I also feel very welcomed here, and am enjoying all the chatter, the hi-jacked threads, (not naming names!) and general sense of a happy, well bonded community!

:haloslip: I have no idea what you might be referring to :whistle:

So glad some of you are enjoying it here, I think for chatter, banter and sense of community, there is no other place like it. The ladies are all so very lovely and welcoming and having you ladies here makes it feel like home again :D

I'm thrilled that some of our SG ladies have come here and you've all just fit right in like you've always been here - it's awesome :D

:hug4:

mimes1

CHEERY O
What???? Me????? :jail1: Hijack a thread??? I would never in a million years hija......... oh wait yeah that was me :floorlaugh:
Welcome @BoatLady and @mimes1 to the crazy room! Soon as I told hubs I had found sarcastic people he said, "well, guess ya know where youre gonna be spending time" :yesss: And he was right! This space reminds me of the challenges where we did the world tour at SG, only its every day fun. So Amy and Debby, what shall we watch???? :couchtv: I bought the extra large couch so we can all fit!!
You bring the snacks, and I'll bring the blankies (it was cold here today too - high in the mid 50's - it felt good in the sun here too!) and I'll bring the puppy dogs - LARGE puppy dogs! We'll dog pile on the couch and they'll keep our toes warm while we watch The Cleaning Lady! Oh - did you get your 5th and 6th pups yet?

AK_Tracy

You bring the snacks, and I'll bring the blankies (it was cold here today too - high in the mid 50's - it felt good in the sun here too!) and I'll bring the puppy dogs - LARGE puppy dogs! We'll dog pile on the couch and they'll keep our toes warm while we watch The Cleaning Lady! Oh - did you get your 5th and 6th pups yet?
No, just four pups. Hubs said no more :sad2:

AK_Tracy

We could hide them in a teeny tiny EHD like we hide our scrapping supplies?
I wish, :runningdog:but I doubt a 50 lb dog would hid well. And shhhhhhhhh we dont talk about scrap supplies and the amount hidden on the EHD!!!! HAHAHAHAHA I think I would be grounded from my computer if he knew what the last year cost getting totally set up with this wonderful way of scrapping. :floorlaugh: :couchhide: I hiding from that day.

I will say my first experience with digital scrapping was way cheaper. A monthly subscription and I could use anything they had, just never owned it. I like this way much better as the art alone is way cooler and so nice. The other was super cool too but I found "my style" better this way.

mimes1

CHEERY O
I wish, :runningdog:but I doubt a 50 lb dog would hid well. And shhhhhhhhh we dont talk about scrap supplies and the amount hidden on the EHD!!!! HAHAHAHAHA I think I would be grounded from my computer if he knew what the last year cost getting totally set up with this wonderful way of scrapping. :floorlaugh: :couchhide: I hiding from that day.

I will say my first experience with digital scrapping was way cheaper. A monthly subscription and I could use anything they had, just never owned it. I like this way much better as the art alone is way cooler and so nice. The other was super cool too but I found "my style" better this way.
Ahhh -yeah. About that - I backed up 500 GB!!! of scrap supplies the other day! Are you sure a 50# dog won't fit in there? Or how about the equivalent space that amount of paper supplies would require? Certainly we could fit a dog in there then?

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm so glad you and Ilene had a fun trip and Hershey PA - yum. I meant to tell you that my MIL lived on the edge of the Amish Acres in Indiana, and it was always such fun to go visit her. She always took me shopping in Amish Acres when we visited and I just loved all of the shops - oh my, their quilts! They were very camera shy and always pulled the curtains on their buggies when ccars went by them. She lived there for years and years. Glad you're back!
Oh yes! Their quilts are so pretty!