Oscraps

Daily O's Friday Aug 14, 2015

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning, Where the heck is everyone?? Just because I am finally back here and able to spend some time at the "O" again, does not mean you all have to run and hide from me!!!! :behindsofa:
It is very smokey here again this morning and our wildfire that is near us is getting out of control! It has made me wonder what we will do if we end up having to evacuate because of it.
So my question of the day is.... What would you take with you if you only had 2 hours to get out of Dodge?? Of course the first thing I would take would be my photos, then my iMac and External Hard Drive. I have a large framed Heritage Picture hanging in my living room that I would also need to pack up. That being said I am not sure that anything else would be important enough to take with me. I do not have much for jewelry and I don't have anything else that is irreplacable.

Sharon - I am so glad that your parcel arrived safely, I hope you have fun being a guest CT at Mscraps too!! You will be busy! I was over at Mscraps for a bit, but I feel more at home here at the O, but it is always fun to try out new things!

Nancy - :wave: I hope all is well where you are!

Chris - :wave: hope you are relaxing and enjoying every moment of your time away!

Ok I am off to the Farm Market for some fresh fruit and veggies, then I have some finishing touches to do on my page I started yesterday, I can't believe how long it takes me to get a page done :mmph: Oh well it is great to be back scrapping again! Have a great Friday everyone :wave:

SharLamb

Sharron
Hi Trudy. Just us Westies again today? I guess Chris really IS the life of THIS party!

I'm with you about packing Trudy. I'd also take my pills and enough underwear to last a week. I'd somehow forget my swim gear. LOL ...my Kindle, tablet, and ehds. Even though my computer is a desktop, I think I'd take it too. All my albums.

Yes, I too am more at home here at Oscraps, but I got introduced at Mscraps because of being Romy's guest CT member. And I enjoy the challenges there...I've won a bunch of stuff. There's not as much social life there (or responses to LOs). I've been a Premier Member at Digital Scrapper since 2007, so I visit there every day too, and make at least one LO a month with that month's kit. They have 4 tutorials a month for Premier members (or for sale to non-members), and I really enjoy those for the most part. It is an excellent teaching site.

It rained for about 10 minutes this morning, and remains overcast. Sure do hope your fire threat just goes away. That has to be so scary.

Empty calendar for the day, but have to go to an open house at my sister's tomorrow. NOT looking forward to it. Her daughter, SIL, and DGD will be in town, so it is in their honor. My niece is not my cup of tea. In addition to several other things about her that make me want to leave the room, she is extremely profane. I am very offended just having to listen to her carry on what is for her, a "normal" conversation because she sounds like a sports locker room all on her own. I grieve for her sweet little daughter, living in that atmosphere. :'( Fortunately, we won't have to stay long.

That's it from western Washington!

scrap-genie

Sorry I've been MIA. :peep: More stories with my sister and her continuing health problems. Just can't keep my head together long enough to even read let alone post until now.

Hope Chris is having a lovely and peaceful time.

Trudy, the fire sounds scary. I sometimes try to imagine what I would take in the event of having to flee. It is SO difficult. My computer would have to be first but I have documents, photos, artwork, YIKES. Sure hope this fire never is more threatening to you than it already is.

Sharon, congratulations on Marisol's safe delivery! Eagerly awaiting word on the reaction she receives. I can't imagine keeping up with more than one site at the moment but I'm sure it is fun.

Hoping for a great weekend for all. :wave:

nancyr

Hi sorry so late in the day - without Chris I just forget to come back. Last night had dinner with my girlfriends and the food was so good. I needed the night out as my husband and son put me in such a bad mood LOL. My husband drank all but 2 teaspoons of milk which I need for cereal for breakfast. Really! Then my son is all mad because I did not make him sandwiches because I was so mad at DH I just forgot but then I was glad I did not do it as he was to clean out his cat's litter box and he does not have time because he watches TV. What a joke! He tells me I have spoiled him and I tell him that could be when he was a child but at 28 his has to responsibility for his actions. Well of course he does not like that. Then this am his tells his dad that he and his girlfriend are spending the night in the NYC and leaving Rex with us. Again Really! What ever happened to asking if we had plans. So I have been listening to music so put me in a happy mood and it works. Also took a good bike ride and that helped too. The weather here has been lovely but starting tomorrow the three H's are back - Hazy, Hot and Humid. Up to 90 for probably the next few days. At least I have the grilling down. Made awesome burgers Wed nite and I am in the mood again so I will. Love actually that I cook what I want.

Trudy that is scary about the fire. I would take my computer, my EHD, my albums my cameras and my heirlooms and I think I could do it in 2hrs. I would hope that if a fire went through it would not hurt my china or crystal so I would leave those but put them in a protected area when the house collapses it does not break them . I would love all my clothes destroyed getting a whole new wardrobe seems kinda fun! Now thinking back I would take all my hockey stuff that is signed too. Stay safe!

Sharon so glad that Marisol made it safely to her new forever home. Yep I guess I would have to take my pills too! I know what you mean about language these days. I think they just are lazy and it is easier to put in a four letter word than to actually use a word with meaning. Hope the Open house goes well.

Jean so sorry your sister's health problems are carrying over to you. Hope it gets better soon for you and her too.

Have a great day!

Kiliki

Took my 12 year old, Elyse, into the eye dr today...she has glasses now! LOL she put them on and was so happy to be able to SEE!