Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, October 27

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey there and good morning to you!
Uh-oh. I hope that doesn't get the Good Morning So stuck in my head on a loop. I sang a few different versions every morning for years to my PreK classes and they became my background noise for a long time. Although if it does get stuck, at least it will kick out what is in there ATM- Dominic the Donkey. *eye roll*

It is still rainy here and it's so dark. The shorter days are already taking effect, Scott and I were practically bleary at dinner last night. I have to crawl under my desk to untangle some electric cords so I can get the light therapy lamp closer to me.
I declared yesterday a PJ Day but sadly it felt no different than any other day :D
I finished the one glove and the extra cluster is going to aggravate me. Everything else came out really good. I wish there was a way to snip it out. I keep looking at it and want/don't want to start over.

The tree guy is supposed to be here around 9. I hate to see the tree come down but if it is dying, better to do it safely. I hope Tif my Toad Friend and his family are out of the way. Did I tell you all that I almost scooped a toad when I was cleaning the dog poop? Poor guy blended in with the leaves. When I went to get it with the scooper, they hopped away. They had a couple of small holes to hide in, it is a nice mossy area of "lawn" so they must be very cozy. This afternoon I am cleaning and finishing up my food order. Still no dinner ideas. What else is new? Harruuuumph

That is about it.
Wish me luck getting out of the crankiness of my mind.

Sending hugs to all of you!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taneva how are you and Marten today?
Since I can't send you virtual chicken soup, how does a big bag of chocolate sound? You can "eat" all you want and not feel sick since it is all virtual haha!

@taxed4ever That photo is incredible, it doesn't look real.
Good job getting another box of gifts out in the mail! I am struggling with any ideas at all. I miss when the kids were little and I could just go to Toys R Us.
Narrator Voice: No, she actually hated going there.
You always get the calendars done and they always look fantastic. You will do that again, I know it. :) Hope you are able to go on the hike today.

@bcgal00 Happy belated anniversary! How was your dinner date? I hope that you enjoyed your meal and dessert too, doesn't sound like fun having to get all of that dental work done. I'm sure that you are going to get some great photos of the squirrels until the dogs bark at them

@Cherylndesigns I would love to be a fly on the wall when you are at the Drs, god help them if they try to take away your halter. LOL!!!! Is today your appt? Good luck! I had one woman who would clean before I cleaned but the two friends I clean for now, don't. That is fine for me, the woman is always in chaos and downs mind that I clean around her stuff. I think that's one of the reasons she likes me- no judgments on my end and no pressure either.
I met her when Scott had to be on home instruction for several months in 8th grade She was his instructor and he was NOT a pleasant person to be around. He was miserable and angry and oppositional to everything. She would sit at the table while he was glowering at her and refusing to do anything- and would calmly say - "I have three young kids at home, you think I want to go back there? I am staying until my time is up whether you do the work or not." heh
She eventually got him out of that headspace and he did what he had to do. She is probably one of the only reasons he was able to graduate 8th grade
Long story short: We understand each other's chaos and don't judge, we just do what we have to do.

@felis Ugh, that is the pits. I am sorry that you had to rip out the entire pillowcase.
I keep trying the glove on myself because when it is on my hand, the lumpiness isn't as noticeable. But when I lay it down flat, ugh-- it looks horrible.
I do have a list of our favorite foods but we all get bored with the same foods over and over. A lot of what I cook is also based on what is on sale or if I get something from the food pantry. Toss in everyone's weird schedules and food restrictions and significant other's and it is one more thing I hate having to think about. Makes my brain shut down. :D

@tjscraps I bet this week is going to be a bit busier than usual if you have to get ready for your ILs. It sounds like you get along well, that is nice! I adore my ILs too, always said that I didn't understand the MIL jokes.*G*
I couldn't deal with that much snow and my family would kick me out or tape my mouth. From the first flakes until it melts, I wander around the house during snowstorms, glaring out the windows muttering how much I hate snow. It is like clockwork. Annoying, irritating clockwork. I annoy myself as much as I do my family. hahahaha!

Have a fantastic day!

tjscraps

Same 'ol for during the day here, but excited for tonight - working on my oldest's halloween costume, she wants to be a Starbucks cup. After that I have a night to myself to scrap and maybe watch a Christmas movie (because they're on now!) as Mark has guys night on Wednesdays again (poker with the guys). It's nice he has a hobby to get him out of the house and I get scrappy time once the little is in bed.

The little (K2) only has Kindergarten twice a week, so today they are having their halloween party. She is dressed as Wonder Woman. She has no idea who that is but the costume was convenient at Costco, and by next year she'll have very definite ideas on what she wants to be, so we went the easy route.
unnamed.jpg

@faerywings Where are you located? It's getting dark here early too - our province was trying to get Daylight Savings Time all year round, which would be good in the evenings but it would mean that in the winter it wouldn't get light out til 10 am. At least it would still be light out til 5:30pm or so then, but it was voted down by a very narrow margin (49.9 to 50.1) in a referendum, so we will stick with changing clocks twice a year. I hate the lack of light in the winter - I drive to work in the dark and home in the dark by the time December rolls around. We only get light from about 8:30-9 to 4:30-5 on the shortest days of the year.

My in laws are good, there's a few things that make me scratch my head but we generally get along, which is good! The snow doesn't bother me as much as the cold. I've lived here my entire life and still hate it when it gets to -40 (for a couple weeks a year). But not enough to move lol Maybe when I get to retire - but by then I'll have grandkids I want to be close to, so it'll depend where my girls end up as adults.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning! Shocker - I'm on here in the AM. Had to get up early so I can get the house picked up and go to the dr. Yes, Chris @faerywings my appt is at 2:30 today. I'll let you know if they try to take my halter way. They'll have to pry it out of my bony finger. BWAHAHA

I think my "picking up before the cleaners come" is because my sister used to clean houses for a living. She used to tell me how much longer it took her when things in the house were all over the place. She said she never knew what to do with all the "stuff". I think that stuck with me. I don't really have to be that way - these women (3 of them) are super laid back. They could care less - our last cleaners in Florida were the same way. It's not them, it's me. LOL

Trina @tjscraps what a darling picture! I love her outfit - it's perfect. Enjoy your inlaws. I only had a MIL and we got along famously. She was a riot and a half - you never knew what was going to come out of her mouth. I still miss her.

I'm going to get busy and scrap a couple of layouts. I scrapped two yesterday for pre-releases. I need to stay busy with my scrapping. It keeps me sane and un-grumpy. LOL Chris @faerywings I hope you're out of your crankiness - I'm glad I'm not the only one who get that way. I have to laugh about you glaring out at the snow. it's raining SO hard here and we have to go out in a couple of hours. I don't like hard rain if I have to go out. That makes ME cranky!

Signing off and wishing everybody a great day.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. Busy day with desk work and some CT stuff. I need to get the dogs out to the park too b/c tomorrow and Friday I'm pretty sure I won't want to take them out (after my dental surgery). I'm cringing just thinking about it (need a new bridge) but it has to be done.

@faerywings Yes, our anniversary dinner was good (and expensive, glad we don't do that often). D had steak and I had a vegetarian meatloaf and cauli mash (and 3 pieces of sourdough bread). For dessert we shared cherry cheesecake and hot fudge brownie. We were both stuffed and sat around like lumps the rest of the night. Finally, just before 10 I said I was ready for bed, got the dogs out and was asleep in about 5 min.

@Cherylndesigns I wish I had a cleaner :) to declutter and clean everyone. It's going to be a long process of getting the house ready to sell. It is getting easier b/c with each month that goes by, it is getting easier to purge and get rid of things I've been holding into for years.

I'm getting coffee and getting the dogs out now before I get to work (Remi is pawing at me to go out lol). Have a good day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. Busy day with desk work and some CT stuff. I need to get the dogs out to the park too b/c tomorrow and Friday I'm pretty sure I won't want to take them out (after my dental surgery). I'm cringing just thinking about it (need a new bridge) but it has to be done.

@faerywings Yes, our anniversary dinner was good (and expensive, glad we don't do that often). D had steak and I had a vegetarian meatloaf and cauli mash (and 3 pieces of sourdough bread). For dessert we shared cherry cheesecake and hot fudge brownie. We were both stuffed and sat around like lumps the rest of the night. Finally, just before 10 I said I was ready for bed, got the dogs out and was asleep in about 5 min.

@Cherylndesigns I wish I had a cleaner :) to declutter and clean everyone. It's going to be a long process of getting the house ready to sell. It is getting easier b/c with each month that goes by, it is getting easier to purge and get rid of things I've been holding into for years.

I'm getting coffee and getting the dogs out now before I get to work (Remi is pawing at me to go out lol). Have a good day everyone.
Rae @bcgal00 when we got ready to make our last big move across several states, I knew I had to purge like crazy. We "hired" a non-profit group called "Teen Challenge". We just "fell into this organization" - the leader came out and talked to us and explained their mission. They help troubled teens by providing them places to live and helping them detox if necessary. They have a resale shop and all of the profits go to helping these kids. We felt like we were blessed to have them come into our home and help us and we donated most of our "stuff" to their mission. It was a wonderful win-win experience. They're a Christian based organization and the leader said they were international. You might look into something similar in your area.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone! I am late again getting in here, what else is new?? Long chat with Heather this morning as we talked about Christmas gifts for the kids and discussing what she wants to do for her 40th birthday in February. I am happy that she wants to come home and spend it with us!! Now to figure out how to get her here with out too much hassle as there are no straight through flights for her to take, Jonah will not be able to help her with the boys on the plane as he is not vaccinated. o_O
Anyway I have lots to keep me busy again today, will finish my scrapping that I started and I have to start on some treat bags for the neighbour kids and I want to start on a few cards too. But my main focus today is to get my layouts finished and posted in the gallery!! Seems strange not be out hiking this morning, but it doesn't look to be very nice in the area of the hike today, so a good day to catch up on things instead!

@faerywings - Chris, yes it is so much easier to buy for the little ones for Christmas, they have a long list of wants that's for sure!! I try to buy them the more expensive items as Heather and Jonah can't afford a lot of things. :( So between us and the other Grandparents the kids are pretty well taken care of LOL. I am so not motivated to get going on my Calendars this year, but you are right I will get them done eventually.

@tjscraps - Love that photo of your little sweetie!! My Sadie (granddaughter) was Wonder Woman a few years back, she loves being any kind of female super hero! Not sure what she has picked out for this year though, I will have to ask her later today! My Husband and I were both raised here on the Island, but when he joined the RCMP we got transferred to Sask. for 28 long years LOL. I hated winter and do not miss the -40 degrees, but I do miss the many sunny days that came with winter. I am happy to be back on the West Coast, even though it rains constantly, the temps are sure nicer!

@bcgal00 - Rae are you going to be selling soon?? I bet your place would sell in a heartbeat, with the market the way it is. However that being said, where would you go??? There isn't anything available that is affordable in B.C. right now. Hope you get in a lovely walk with the dogs today!

@Cherylndesigns - How lucky are you to have a housekeeper!! I think I would be the same and clean before the housekeeper came to clean LOL. Please send me some of your scrapping mojo!! Mine is buried somewhere under all of my other unfinished projects :rolleyes:.

Ok I have to get busy and get my Photoshop opened and find what I want to scrap with. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

felis

Hello girls!

Chris, did you try to wash and blocki8ng that glove? I don't have steamer and almost never use iron, but people who did this swear in good shaping. Only you can complicate things so much getting bored from repetitive menu, event the restaurants keep one seasonal list. If list of dishes don't work for you, maybe you'll have to try the trick when you get stressed about what to cook remember to yourself that the other option is to don't have anything to eat at all, and feeling grateful for not starving. We also shop what is on sale and this makes the meal planning so much easier, as we choose based only on seasonal and deal products, it makes it so much easier than if we have to choose from every possibility at that store.

Trina, oh, that Wonder Woman is so Wonderful! How nice to be able to spend time with your ILs, enjoy it!

Cheryl, hope that the rain is not to bad and you'll be able to go on your appointment!

Trudy, do you have that option when young girls offers you to help with your kids during fly and you have to buy them two direction ticket? It's an app that helps young student from Social Sciences to travel for free, by helping pets of children's transporting. I think that the university provide it as they guarantee for the volunteers.

Autumn is so pretty and this week we have lovely time. Usually when I go on walk I absorb the surrounding sounds, listening to the nature and the city rhythm. It's even kind of reckless to walk around with headphones, because you're not alert and can get in serious troubles. But if you are sure that you are on safety trail, with no cars and in the light part of the day, so to not be afraid from evil men. It's so magical to walking around looking at all these beautiful colors, while at the same time listening loud music on your headphones. It makes you feels like you're part of a movie scene, not in boring daily life.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Popping to say "hi" to all. Well, the cold front brought lots of high winds and colder temps but no rain or snow. Was surprised at the Memory that popped on my FB page this morning... photos of the 8"+ of snow that fell here on this day last year! I remember the 1st year we moved back here (2000) we had a huge snowstorm -12" of snow - a few days before Halloween. Just as glad that we didn't get any as my niece will be traveling here tomorrow towing her RV. The wind was so strong that over half the leaves on the trees are now on the ground and blowing all over.

I did manage to get over to the grocery store yesterday... and the public library and the senior citizen center library. Think I have enough books to last me for a week or so... ;) :D Then I got a few LOs done. Settled in bed to read for awhile but was disappointed by one of the books I picked up... just couldn't get involved with the story. Glad I have several others to chose from.

Trina, what an adorable Wonder Woman your little one was. I remember the excitement of what to wear for Halloween when my 5 were kids.

Cheryl, bet your insurance paid for the halter so it should be yours to keep. I have several splints, boots, and back braces from my medical care. So glad as I can pull them out when my bod needs some extra support. Sending good thoughts for good results from your doctor's visit.

Yes, I am also one who picks up and puts things away before the cleaning crew would arrive. Easier for me to do than try to find them later - plus it allows the cleaners to concentrate on do the cleaning that is needed. Don't have a cleaning crew right now but may get one again sometime in the future.

Chris, glad to hear the tree surgeon will be taking care of the dead/dying tree soon. Would hate to have it fall on/near your house during a storm.

Trudy, glad you had some facetime with the grandkids. Thank heavens for the internet so people can hear/see family and friends during the pandemic. Hope the plans for Jen and the kids to come visit early next year. Yes, air travel has its drawbacks right now... but at least it is still possible to travel.

Had a nice family chat this week. DSon#2 sent a message asking to change the night as he has meetings on our scheduled day. Sounds like everyone else is fine with changing to a different day. So glad we have it so we can see and interact with the family since most of us won't be traveling to see each other.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Mårten seems to be his normal self again. I'm still tired. I think I have a severe case of October! Gotta be the worst month of the year... Gray, Gray Gray & a bit of Rain. Lol

Been busy today catching up with chores & have tons left to do. Almost 10 pm here & I work 9.45 - 6 tomorrow. Need to get my beauty sleep so I won't scare people tomorrow.

nancyr

good day - well at least the rain has stopped. We got almost 5 inches of rain. The river got out of its banks but no real flooding - thank goodness. But a lot of cars were moved to higher ground. My hockey team the Devils lost to the Calgary Flames. But they did score 3 goals so that was good. Not much else going on.

@faerywings Chris OMgosh yes I must have gone right by your home on Sat. That is crazy. I had no idea it was so close. The farm was a lot of fun and it wore the kids out lol. And yes it is good that the families are mixing so well. I am glad it works so well for your families too!

@taxed4ever Trudy congrats on being so organized with mailing gifts. One can only hope that by Feb. travel will be easier. The boys will be getting older so maybe it won't be so hard for Heather. Sounds so great for you to have family at Christmas and the Heather for her birthday. Loved the photo of the waves. WOW scary!

@bcgal00 Rae it seems like you are doing well with decluttering and doing it slowly. I just cannot wrap my head around me doing should I ever want to down size. Good luck!

@tanteva Eva so glad that Marten is back to his self. It is stressful when our pets get sick! Have a good sleep!

Kay we had wind and rain and most of our leaves are still on the trees. The city has leave pick up scheduled but not needed yet. Glad you got books to read. I am doing lots of reading. Got to figure out scrapping time.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl like Kay said if you got the halter then it is pretty sure that it is yours. Hope the appointment went well. I wish I had some one come clean. I doubt I would clean before but I would make sure stuff was picked up.

@felis felis I love your description of walk in the woods with head phones. I never do that as I am always trying to hear birds but I like the thought of being in a movie! And yes the fall colors are so pretty!

Trina love the photo of her as Wonder Woman!

Have a great day!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
good day - well at least the rain has stopped. We got almost 5 inches of rain. The river got out of its banks but no real flooding - thank goodness. But a lot of cars were moved to higher ground. My hockey team the Devils lost to the Calgary Flames. But they did score 3 goals so that was good. Not much else going on.

@faerywings Chris OMgosh yes I must have gone right by your home on Sat. That is crazy. I had no idea it was so close. The farm was a lot of fun and it wore the kids out lol. And yes it is good that the families are mixing so well. I am glad it works so well for your families too!

@taxed4ever Trudy congrats on being so organized with mailing gifts. One can only hope that by Feb. travel will be easier. The boys will be getting older so maybe it won't be so hard for Heather. Sounds so great for you to have family at Christmas and the Heather for her birthday. Loved the photo of the waves. WOW scary!

@bcgal00 Rae it seems like you are doing well with decluttering and doing it slowly. I just cannot wrap my head around me doing should I ever want to down size. Good luck!

@tanteva Eva so glad that Marten is back to his self. It is stressful when our pets get sick! Have a good sleep!

Kay we had wind and rain and most of our leaves are still on the trees. The city has leave pick up scheduled but not needed yet. Glad you got books to read. I am doing lots of reading. Got to figure out scrapping time.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl like Kay said if you got the halter then it is pretty sure that it is yours. Hope the appointment went well. I wish I had some one come clean. I doubt I would clean before but I would make sure stuff was picked up.

@felis felis I love your description of walk in the woods with head phones. I never do that as I am always trying to hear birds but I like the thought of being in a movie! And yes the fall colors are so pretty!

Trina love the photo of her as Wonder Woman!

Have a great day!
I'm back! I knew they'd let me keep it. LOL The first thing the dr said was "you probably don't need that". I told him that I was keeping it and that sometimes it felt good to wear it. I knew they'd let me keep it, but it was fun to joke about it. I got a great report - my X-Ray looks "normal" but he wants me back for another one in 6 weeks, then they'll probably turn me loose. My next appt is the first of December!! YIKES!! DECEMBER - makes Christmas seem all the more real.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Popping to say "hi" to all. Well, the cold front brought lots of high winds and colder temps but no rain or snow. Was surprised at the Memory that popped on my FB page this morning... photos of the 8"+ of snow that fell here on this day last year! I remember the 1st year we moved back here (2000) we had a huge snowstorm -12" of snow - a few days before Halloween. Just as glad that we didn't get any as my niece will be traveling here tomorrow towing her RV. The wind was so strong that over half the leaves on the trees are now on the ground and blowing all over.

I did manage to get over to the grocery store yesterday... and the public library and the senior citizen center library. Think I have enough books to last me for a week or so... ;) :D Then I got a few LOs done. Settled in bed to read for awhile but was disappointed by one of the books I picked up... just couldn't get involved with the story. Glad I have several others to chose from.

Trina, what an adorable Wonder Woman your little one was. I remember the excitement of what to wear for Halloween when my 5 were kids.

Cheryl, bet your insurance paid for the halter so it should be yours to keep. I have several splints, boots, and back braces from my medical care. So glad as I can pull them out when my bod needs some extra support. Sending good thoughts for good results from your doctor's visit.

Yes, I am also one who picks up and puts things away before the cleaning crew would arrive. Easier for me to do than try to find them later - plus it allows the cleaners to concentrate on do the cleaning that is needed. Don't have a cleaning crew right now but may get one again sometime in the future.

Chris, glad to hear the tree surgeon will be taking care of the dead/dying tree soon. Would hate to have it fall on/near your house during a storm.

Trudy, glad you had some facetime with the grandkids. Thank heavens for the internet so people can hear/see family and friends during the pandemic. Hope the plans for Jen and the kids to come visit early next year. Yes, air travel has its drawbacks right now... but at least it is still possible to travel.

Had a nice family chat this week. DSon#2 sent a message asking to change the night as he has meetings on our scheduled day. Sounds like everyone else is fine with changing to a different day. So glad we have it so we can see and interact with the family since most of us won't be traveling to see each other.
I'm sure it did, Kay and I'll bet it was a pretty penny, too. LOL The dr told me that I probably wouldn't need it anymore, but to wear it if it helped me, especially while I was typing. They're so congenial there - I don't go back for 6 weeks now - XRay looked good and it's basically healed.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello girls!

Chris, did you try to wash and blocki8ng that glove? I don't have steamer and almost never use iron, but people who did this swear in good shaping. Only you can complicate things so much getting bored from repetitive menu, event the restaurants keep one seasonal list. If list of dishes don't work for you, maybe you'll have to try the trick when you get stressed about what to cook remember to yourself that the other option is to don't have anything to eat at all, and feeling grateful for not starving. We also shop what is on sale and this makes the meal planning so much easier, as we choose based only on seasonal and deal products, it makes it so much easier than if we have to choose from every possibility at that store.

Trina, oh, that Wonder Woman is so Wonderful! How nice to be able to spend time with your ILs, enjoy it!

Cheryl, hope that the rain is not to bad and you'll be able to go on your appointment!

Trudy, do you have that option when young girls offers you to help with your kids during fly and you have to buy them two direction ticket? It's an app that helps young student from Social Sciences to travel for free, by helping pets of children's transporting. I think that the university provide it as they guarantee for the volunteers.

Autumn is so pretty and this week we have lovely time. Usually when I go on walk I absorb the surrounding sounds, listening to the nature and the city rhythm. It's even kind of reckless to walk around with headphones, because you're not alert and can get in serious troubles. But if you are sure that you are on safety trail, with no cars and in the light part of the day, so to not be afraid from evil men. It's so magical to walking around looking at all these beautiful colors, while at the same time listening loud music on your headphones. It makes you feels like you're part of a movie scene, not in boring daily life.
Felis, it was raining SO hard when we had to leave that we could barely see to drive. I have sloggers (those big rain boats) and we have hooded rain ponchos, so off we went. Those boots weigh so much that I told Chuck if they made me get on the scale, they were going to have to wait until I took them off. They didn't, but the first time I went they did. UGH I hate that!

It's been pouring here since last night and hasn't really let up.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hi my lovelies. I've been answering a few of you, but I got an excellent report today! They X-Rayed my clavicle and the ortho was thrilled with how fast it's mended! I go back in 6 weeks for one more X-Ray. When he walked out of the room he said "now don't fall out of anymore chairs!" BWAHAHA I told him that I since got a "real" office chair with arms on it and that it was very difficult to fall out of.

I can try to do anything I want to do now and he said if it hurt, to not push it. Of course, true to my silly self, I told him that I was keeping the halter because it helped when I was typing. He laughed and said if it helped to wear it. I'm so relieved that everything looked good.

They all asked me about my pain level (they always do) and I said it was "achy" but no real pain. They weren't surprised that with all this rain, that it was achy.

He told me that I could try to do some push-aways against the wall for now and see how that goes for me. Told me not to rush back into ANYTHING. One suggestion, besides the wall, was to do some push-ups on a slightly elevated surface. I haven't figured that one out yet. He agreed that all of the upper body exercises that I've been doing for years definitely helped, but said that a lot of it was genetics. He said that strong bones were definitely genetic.

Anyway, that's my good news for today - now if I can just tell the achiness to go away. I have Arthritis Strength Tylenol for that.