Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, November 30

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I jumped the gun up there and almost typed in December. I think with the Dec party starting and everyone's avatars getting dressed up, it made me think it was already December. Thank goodness not, I still need today to get some November work here done.

My mom and I had a nice time together and I think I only grumbled at her once or twice :D
I am kicking myself though, Caitlyn needs a new pair of sneakers and they were on sale for $20 off on Monday, no sale/coupon anywhere to be found yesterday. I should have bought them on Monday and figured out later if my mom wanted to get them for her or someone else would, most likely me. We also couldn't find the pants that she wants. We did find jeans for Gary which was a miracle because he only likes one **extremely** specific brand/style/color and I had to search by the SKU number and cross-reference between the Lee jeans website and Amazon.
We wandered around TJ Maxx after that and she had a blast throwing stuff in the cart, she would have bought the entire store if I told her my kids would have liked that. She loves buying gifts. That kept me balanced, as frustrated as I get, I know how happy it makes her.

Today I have to run out to pick up groceries, then clean for my friend. In between all of that, I need to finish up the Cheery O stuff for November.
HAGD!! xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord hehe, I am a slow scrapper too. Although, maybe it's that I am not slow, but distracted. I swear, my dogs (Whisky mostly) whine at me the second I sit down with a chunk of time set aside to scrap.
Oh, that is fabulous news about Shaun's Dr appt, what a relief!! Thank goodness!!!!
LMBO that your inflatables shrink down in the pool and that Frosty is your fav.
Congrats on getting the Apple watches. It's nice to know that if your HR gets weird it will notify you.
Holy moly-- I can get 30 eggs for $12 and thought that was insane! Hope that Alsis is cheaper than the store you went to earlier

@tanteva Ugh!!! What a mess with WW!
I sure as heck don't want to watch what I eat ATM either, and it seems like a waste of time -- except then I freak out when I realize how much I am gaining and the few lbs I always gain every year this time of year don't want to come off at all.
How did your tofu come out? Cait and Tom made the sesame broccoli tofu last week again and it was delicious-- and they made vegan tacos on Sunday. Do you have Beyond "meats" by you? The taco filling was amazing. Both recipes used oil for frying so that probably isn't helpful for you though :(
Give Marten and Discord some pets from me!

@bcgal00 Yikes, it's cold by you! What a difference from the coast. All of my fingers and toes are crossed that Jen makes it home safe and sound. Poor Bella too, to be in the car that long.
At least Remi is enjoying the snow - sorry that she is now a Velco Dog with J and Bella away

Eva- I hear lots of ads for Noom, not sure if that is an app that is available by you or if it is actually any good- but thought I would toss it out as an idea to look into as a WW replacement

@vickyday So sorry that your sleep is so crummy. It's annoying for sure. TY for reminding me and reaffirming how special the time I have with my mom is. I really do love her very much ♥
I think a lot of the egg prices have to do with the bird flu, lots of animals have gotten sick
Oh wow, your trip was awful, was the weather bad or just heavy volume traffic? Sooo glad that you didn't get in any accidents.

@scrap-genie Wonderful to hear that you are feeling better and that you were able to keep the lunch date with your friend. Lobster Bisque is one of my favorite soups and I so rarely get out to enjoy it.
I can be pretty tech-stupid, but my mom is in a whole other realm. She has an old stripped-down iPhone that she uses for her pacemaker to transmit to her Dr. The Dr office provided and there is nothing on it other than the OS and software to communicate to the Dr. Something is weird/wrong/not working/something or other with it. She was trying to explain to me and I have no clue what she was even describing o_O
keep feeling good, hope the sun is out again for you!

#kiss

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Tofu yesterday was really good. Spicy (Sambal Oelek) and Sweet (agave syrup). Made me happy.

I'm coming to terms with WW being ****faces, and that I'm no longer on a diet. I won't go crazy, still eat healthy and try to get my daily water, but I'm free. LOL

Not working today (but tomorrow) but in a couple of hours I will take the bus into Mora for an After Work. There's a pub quiz & we decided to join & have dinner at the pub. Will be nice. Just hope I win - not good to show off what a BAD LOSER you are to your work mates LOL Just got a text from Urban saying he wanted to have a glass of wine, which means Petunia (our car) will have to spend the night in Mora, and I have to go by bus both home tonight and to work tomorrow morning. Not happy, but what can I do about it? Nothing, nada. I get it, I don't have a license, but bus is less nice than car.

Still in pajama here (well, I'm always in pajama when I'm home) .... need to go see what to wear tonight & tomorrow. Why do we really have to have other clothes than pajama???!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I got to enjoy my morning coffee for 15 minutes but now I have to go feed the birds. Then I am going to have one more coffee, get dressed and go tackle the snow shoveling on the porches and stairs. The snow blower came yesterday, just in time to get out there this morning to blow the 3" we got last night. D will do the driveway and side of the house. Our neighbor shoveled the front walk, he is such a nice guy. We'll clean up in front of his house too.

I went to my favorite decor store yesterday and bought a 1.5 foot metal and wood Xmas tree for the foyer. I love it. I got the perfect coffee mug for Jen. It says something about being calm, happy and at peace with the world and then underneath it it says but some days you just have to say "go f*ck yourself". She is going to love it LOL. I'll have to take a pic of her with it for a scrap page.
I bought two little sparkly silver bird ornaments to put on the counter.

Ugh...I'll be back. Remi is a nutcase this morning. She desperately wants me to go out and feed the birds and then play in the snow. She is whining, pawing at me, then barking, jumping...gotta go. I'll be back.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I'm back. Remi was out there the whole time, racing thru the snow, barking in glee. D and I shoveled and for the bigger areas, used the blower. It was kind of fun. The blower is easy to use, it's the bending over for shoveling and sweeping that is hard on my back so I'll sit here and have my coffee and then go lay in bed for an hour and watch tv to rest my back.

Jen called and said she booked another night at a hotel in Chilliwack, a bit closer to home and will try to get over the mountain pass mid day Thursday. She is not enjoying the wet, slushy snowy weather in Vancouver.

Today I'm going to cook roast beef. Have to find my small roasting pan, I know it's here somewhere.

@faerywings Glad the online shopping went okay with your mom.

I'm going to get a few things done and then go relax in bed for a bit. HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out as I have errands to run today. The Leaf removal guy didn't show up yesterday so I wasted a day waiting for him. Called him in the afternoon but just got an answering machine... told him to call me... nada. I do know it was a very windy day so it would have been hard to remove the leaves. Will call him again tomorrow to see if we can reschedule. Last night was another broken sleep night. Must have woken up at least 6-7 times being hot then back to cold so covers were on then off then back on!! :(:confused::rolleyes::(

Worked on some CT work this morning and ready to move into December. Couldn't resist make a Christmas siggy this morning. That put me in the holiday mood. Will pop back in later today once I finish the errands.

scrap-genie

Soon we're leaving for a 45 minute drive to an appointment even though we're under a gale warning and wind advisory. Wish we could just Zoom! DH, the driver, doesn't seem to see a problem. I'm sure it will be fine, but like some others here, guess I'm a worrier. If we stop at the pet store out there, our Christmas shopping could be done, and before December.

Sorry to babble and run, but it's time to get ready. Hope all have a good day.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm home! Got home about 11 last night and I tried to post but was so exhausted that I couldn't even type. My first sentence looked like gibberish, so I gave up. How exhausting air travel is, especially by yourself. I ended up gate checking my laptop back pack which was the best thing I did - I was SO tired of carrying it around, along with my big purse/bag. Our flight was delayed due to mechanical problems, and the people who needed assistance had already boarded. There were over 50 people on the plane who had a tight connection to make and when we finally landed, they let all of them off first. It took so long to deplane, but Ava was tracking me on the American Airlines app and she knew exactly where I was. When I got to my gate in FT Myers, Adrienne texted me - "you're at your gate, huh?" They were both tracking me. LOL I guess that Live 360 showed me IN the airport AT the gate. Crazy! I never did have to leave that trail of breadcrumbs.

Chris @faerywings I'm so glad you had fun with your mom shopping. Sounds like she really does love to buy gifts. Personally, I love to help others spend money. Hahaha Great news about finding the jeans for Gary. I know exactly how he feels - I'm very specific about mine, too.

Linda @LSlycord great news about Shaun and I'm giggling over the blow-ups in your pool. Those things are so cute, but so funny when they deflate. I just saw that you got Apple watches! I haven't had a chance to tell you all that Chuck bought me a new one! My old one died - it was a gift from him and Steph and her ex, back in 2016 and it was still running until recently. I babied it and brought it back to life a couple of times, but it finally bit the dust. I got a new one exactly like my old one except I got a larger one this time. It's still all black - but I got a 44 mm - my old one was a 42. I'm such a fan of Apple watches - they're so user friendly, too. I've always had a magnetic watchband, too - I love them!

Jean @scrap-genie I hope you have a safe trip today. How are you feeling since your dental surgery?

Kay, @BrightEyes hope the leaf guy surfaces - that's so annoying when they just don't show up or answer the phone. UGH

Hope everybody has a good day.
XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I jumped the gun up there and almost typed in December. I think with the Dec party starting and everyone's avatars getting dressed up, it made me think it was already December. Thank goodness not, I still need today to get some November work here done.

My mom and I had a nice time together and I think I only grumbled at her once or twice :D
I am kicking myself though, Caitlyn needs a new pair of sneakers and they were on sale for $20 off on Monday, no sale/coupon anywhere to be found yesterday. I should have bought them on Monday and figured out later if my mom wanted to get them for her or someone else would, most likely me. We also couldn't find the pants that she wants. We did find jeans for Gary which was a miracle because he only likes one **extremely** specific brand/style/color and I had to search by the SKU number and cross-reference between the Lee jeans website and Amazon.
We wandered around TJ Maxx after that and she had a blast throwing stuff in the cart, she would have bought the entire store if I told her my kids would have liked that. She loves buying gifts. That kept me balanced, as frustrated as I get, I know how happy it makes her.

Today I have to run out to pick up groceries, then clean for my friend. In between all of that, I need to finish up the Cheery O stuff for November.
HAGD!! xo
I LOVE your new siggy, Chris!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord hehe, I am a slow scrapper too. Although, maybe it's that I am not slow, but distracted. I swear, my dogs (Whisky mostly) whine at me the second I sit down with a chunk of time set aside to scrap.
Oh, that is fabulous news about Shaun's Dr appt, what a relief!! Thank goodness!!!!
LMBO that your inflatables shrink down in the pool and that Frosty is your fav.
Congrats on getting the Apple watches. It's nice to know that if your HR gets weird it will notify you.
Holy moly-- I can get 30 eggs for $12 and thought that was insane! Hope that Alsis is cheaper than the store you went to earlier

@tanteva Ugh!!! What a mess with WW!
I sure as heck don't want to watch what I eat ATM either, and it seems like a waste of time -- except then I freak out when I realize how much I am gaining and the few lbs I always gain every year this time of year don't want to come off at all.
How did your tofu come out? Cait and Tom made the sesame broccoli tofu last week again and it was delicious-- and they made vegan tacos on Sunday. Do you have Beyond "meats" by you? The taco filling was amazing. Both recipes used oil for frying so that probably isn't helpful for you though :(
Give Marten and Discord some pets from me!

@bcgal00 Yikes, it's cold by you! What a difference from the coast. All of my fingers and toes are crossed that Jen makes it home safe and sound. Poor Bella too, to be in the car that long.
At least Remi is enjoying the snow - sorry that she is now a Velco Dog with J and Bella away

Eva- I hear lots of ads for Noom, not sure if that is an app that is available by you or if it is actually any good- but thought I would toss it out as an idea to look into as a WW replacement

@vickyday So sorry that your sleep is so crummy. It's annoying for sure. TY for reminding me and reaffirming how special the time I have with my mom is. I really do love her very much ♥
I think a lot of the egg prices have to do with the bird flu, lots of animals have gotten sick
Oh wow, your trip was awful, was the weather bad or just heavy volume traffic? Sooo glad that you didn't get in any accidents.

@scrap-genie Wonderful to hear that you are feeling better and that you were able to keep the lunch date with your friend. Lobster Bisque is one of my favorite soups and I so rarely get out to enjoy it.
I can be pretty tech-stupid, but my mom is in a whole other realm. She has an old stripped-down iPhone that she uses for her pacemaker to transmit to her Dr. The Dr office provided and there is nothing on it other than the OS and software to communicate to the Dr. Something is weird/wrong/not working/something or other with it. She was trying to explain to me and I have no clue what she was even describing o_O
keep feeling good, hope the sun is out again for you!

#kiss
It wasn't bad weather, just heavy volume traffic.....and moronic drivers! (I could probably include my husband in that group as he had me a nervous wreck by the time we got home! I just KNEW we were going to end up in the back of someone's vehicle!) Thank the Lord that didn't happen!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm back. Remi was out there the whole time, racing thru the snow, barking in glee. D and I shoveled and for the bigger areas, used the blower. It was kind of fun. The blower is easy to use, it's the bending over for shoveling and sweeping that is hard on my back so I'll sit here and have my coffee and then go lay in bed for an hour and watch tv to rest my back.

Jen called and said she booked another night at a hotel in Chilliwack, a bit closer to home and will try to get over the mountain pass mid day Thursday. She is not enjoying the wet, slushy snowy weather in Vancouver.

Today I'm going to cook roast beef. Have to find my small roasting pan, I know it's here somewhere.

@faerywings Glad the online shopping went okay with your mom.

I'm going to get a few things done and then go relax in bed for a bit. HAGD everyone.
Hope the rest helped your back, Rae!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Quick in and out as I have errands to run today. The Leaf removal guy didn't show up yesterday so I wasted a day waiting for him. Called him in the afternoon but just got an answering machine... told him to call me... nada. I do know it was a very windy day so it would have been hard to remove the leaves. Will call him again tomorrow to see if we can reschedule. Last night was another broken sleep night. Must have woken up at least 6-7 times being hot then back to cold so covers were on then off then back on!! :(:confused::rolleyes::(

Worked on some CT work this morning and ready to move into December. Couldn't resist make a Christmas siggy this morning. That put me in the holiday mood. Will pop back in later today once I finish the errands.
Love your new siggy, Kay!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm home! Got home about 11 last night and I tried to post but was so exhausted that I couldn't even type. My first sentence looked like gibberish, so I gave up. How exhausting air travel is, especially by yourself. I ended up gate checking my laptop back pack which was the best thing I did - I was SO tired of carrying it around, along with my big purse/bag. Our flight was delayed due to mechanical problems, and the people who needed assistance had already boarded. There were over 50 people on the plane who had a tight connection to make and when we finally landed, they let all of them off first. It took so long to deplane, but Ava was tracking me on the American Airlines app and she knew exactly where I was. When I got to my gate in FT Myers, Adrienne texted me - "you're at your gate, huh?" They were both tracking me. LOL I guess that Live 360 showed me IN the airport AT the gate. Crazy! I never did have to leave that trail of breadcrumbs.

Chris @faerywings I'm so glad you had fun with your mom shopping. Sounds like she really does love to buy gifts. Personally, I love to help others spend money. Hahaha Great news about finding the jeans for Gary. I know exactly how he feels - I'm very specific about mine, too.

Linda @LSlycord great news about Shaun and I'm giggling over the blow-ups in your pool. Those things are so cute, but so funny when they deflate. I just saw that you got Apple watches! I haven't had a chance to tell you all that Chuck bought me a new one! My old one died - it was a gift from him and Steph and her ex, back in 2016 and it was still running until recently. I babied it and brought it back to life a couple of times, but it finally bit the dust. I got a new one exactly like my old one except I got a larger one this time. It's still all black - but I got a 44 mm - my old one was a 42. I'm such a fan of Apple watches - they're so user friendly, too. I've always had a magnetic watchband, too - I love them!

Jean @scrap-genie I hope you have a safe trip today. How are you feeling since your dental surgery?

Kay, @BrightEyes hope the leaf guy surfaces - that's so annoying when they just don't show up or answer the phone. UGH

Hope everybody has a good day.
XOXO
YAY! Good to hear you are back safe and sound! Love your new siggy!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Early Evening! I guess that is what 5 p.m. is, lol!
Anyway, got to spend the day with Ilene today. Well, several hours, anyway. I picked her up at 10:30 and gave her the white bucket hat I crocheted for her. She loved it and wore it! We went to Olive Garden for their soup and salad lunch. After lunch we went to COSTCO. Then we went back to her house where we played Rummikub until she had to leave for a hair appointment at 2:30. After I got home I put the COSTCO stuff away, fixed some tea for later and fixed myself a thermos of coffee. That is one of the items I had to buy at COSTCO because we were out of caffeinated coffee. Since then I have been cleaning up my email, played a game of Qwirkle on line and after typing this I need to do my Gratitude page and journaling for the day. Tonight after church I will finish up the CT stuff for November and move into December! WOW! I cannot believe how fast this year went!
Have a great evening!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hi everyone!!! Just quickly popping in to say hey and let you know that yes I am still alive and kicking!! Need to get coupons made for the November Challenge winners. Sadly still not quite ready to be back here full time as I continue to help out SIL Linda get her house in order and help her out with lots of unpacking. Trying my best to keep up with all of the appts etc with MIL and FIL and still be supportive to my Sister, whose daughter is probably dying from bowel cancer. It's very hard on her and her granddaughter that she has adopted and is raising! Also the fact that her husband goes into the hospital tomorrow to have a hip replacement done. The weather has been horrible the past couple of days and lots without power and highways are ice rinks with so many accidents! I am glad that the furthest I have had to go over the past couple of days is to the bottom of our hill to help SIL Linda out. My goodness it has been a very stressful few months! But maybe I just don't handle stress very well anymore?? #dk. I let Momma O know that I will try to get back here sometime this December, but probably will not be a part of the posting team for awhile and will not be here for the 12 days of Christmas Event. Sorry, but things just are too crazy right now! On the bright side I have found some time to get a few of my Calendar pages done, but still very far behind with it! Other good news is that our Son and family are flying home on an Airforce flight and will be here on the 27th of December for a few days with us and a few days with Jackie's parents on Salt Spring Island. We decided to purchase tickets to the New Year's Eve dance, where one of our favourite local bands is playing and Jason and Jackie will join us along with SIL Linda and her boyfriend Mark. Issac and Sadie will be spending time with my MIL and FIL and we are all spending the night there, the dance is in Youbou where they live! Please keep your fingers crossed for us that the weather cooperates and we are able to make it! That's a ways down the road and I do hope to be back here before then. Unless something unforeseen pops up. I do miss all of my O family and I have lurked here off and on over the past few days, trying desperately to catch up on what is happening here. Please forgive me for not being very good at keeping in touch with you all. I know you all understand and really the decision to step away from here for a while was a good choice! I hope to be much more involved when I do return. Know that I think of you all everyday! I miss my O family very much! #kiss3

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hi everyone!!! Just quickly popping in to say hey and let you know that yes I am still alive and kicking!! Need to get coupons made for the November Challenge winners. Sadly still not quite ready to be back here full time as I continue to help out SIL Linda get her house in order and help her out with lots of unpacking. Trying my best to keep up with all of the appts etc with MIL and FIL and still be supportive to my Sister, whose daughter is probably dying from bowel cancer. It's very hard on her and her granddaughter that she has adopted and is raising! Also the fact that her husband goes into the hospital tomorrow to have a hip replacement done. The weather has been horrible the past couple of days and lots without power and highways are ice rinks with so many accidents! I am glad that the furthest I have had to go over the past couple of days is to the bottom of our hill to help SIL Linda out. My goodness it has been a very stressful few months! But maybe I just don't handle stress very well anymore?? #dk. I let Momma O know that I will try to get back here sometime this December, but probably will not be a part of the posting team for awhile and will not be here for the 12 days of Christmas Event. Sorry, but things just are too crazy right now! On the bright side I have found some time to get a few of my Calendar pages done, but still very far behind with it! Other good news is that our Son and family are flying home on an Airforce flight and will be here on the 27th of December for a few days with us and a few days with Jackie's parents on Salt Spring Island. We decided to purchase tickets to the New Year's Eve dance, where one of our favourite local bands is playing and Jason and Jackie will join us along with SIL Linda and her boyfriend Mark. Issac and Sadie will be spending time with my MIL and FIL and we are all spending the night there, the dance is in Youbou where they live! Please keep your fingers crossed for us that the weather cooperates and we are able to make it! That's a ways down the road and I do hope to be back here before then. Unless something unforeseen pops up. I do miss all of my O family and I have lurked here off and on over the past few days, trying desperately to catch up on what is happening here. Please forgive me for not being very good at keeping in touch with you all. I know you all understand and really the decision to step away from here for a while was a good choice! I hope to be much more involved when I do return. Know that I think of you all everyday! I miss my O family very much! #kiss3
We miss you too, Trudy! Thanks for checking in.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Good to hear from you Trudy. Take care of yourself and your family. I'm glad to hear that the year will be ending with some good family time with your son and a new years dance to enjoy. I hear your weather is horrible (Jen is there right now getting legal and dental work done and is on her way home now). You are missed and I've been thinking of you. Take care.