Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, November 23

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This morning, I saw a post saying "Happy Cooking Day Before Cooking Day" and that about sums it up for me. :D I am going to be cooking all day today and then doing it all again tomorrow.

It will be a good thing to keep my mind busy as I wake up to (yet another) mass shooting in the US. What is this, the third in less than 2 weeks? I am mostly bothered ATM by my non-reaction. Like I have totally given up on the horror of it. Again. So yeah-- I am upset by the fact that I am not upset, just resigned to this is how we live. How messed up is that :(

But between cooking and cleaning the next two days, I will be busy and grateful that I have my family close. Sam asked if it was still ok if her family comes tomorrow for dinner. Of course, it is. I just need to do some mental and physical rearranging. I am gonna have to ask Gary to help with the physical rearranging because I overdid it yesterday. After I cleaned for my friend, I grabbed lunch and then went outside to finish raking the lawn and patio which took two hours. Then I cleaned out some of the food in the freezer and cooked a bunch of stuff for dinner- stood at the stove for another 2 hours. I am pretty sore today. And yippee, I get to do it again, and again.

Sorry that I am all "complain-y" today. Don't mind me, I'm fine. No stress. None at all...
stressed-face-amy-poehler.gif

Wishing everyone a happy, stress-free day!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva Thank you so much for the button suggestions. I am going to have to make a run to the craft store and pick them out, Wish me luck that they don't give me the heebee-jeebies (does that translate at all into Swedish?) cuz everyone knows how I hate buttons.
What part of a c-section didn't feel like an operation at the time?? I mean, it was all there, the scalpel, the stitches :p

Hahaha at the meme, but you redeemed yourself with the yarn purchase. You are very smart (at least when it comes to buying yarn, maybe not for medical procedures LOL!!!!)

@LSlycord That sounds soul-rejuvenating, snuggling with Syd much of the day ♥ LOL that she Facetimes you from her room!!
I have my list of food that I can cook in advance (stuffing/pies/rolls/sweet potatoes) that I am doing today. Since I don't have to deal with the turkey, that is a big plus for me. I am sure that the kids will give you a hand as sous chefs.
No stress vibes to you too~~~~~

@vickyday I am always amazed at how much I look like my Bitmoji, I mean, you can tell it is me. Yours too!
I am glad that Mark is feeling better, sinus infections can be awful and painful. I would soak washcloths in hot water and place them over my face to get a tiny bit of relief. I haven't had one in a long time *knocks wood* and I hope to keep it that way. Drive safe!

@bcgal00 Hope that you don't feel too bad after the booster/flu. I didn't feel great for about 24 hours and it wasn't as bad a reaction as the other ones I had.
It will be nice to have some of the old decorations mixed in with the new ones. I am really happy that J is looking forward to doing that with you. That sound like she had a good day with the pups too. I am sure there are a lot of baby steps-- forward and back-- but I am celebrating all of them with you. hugs!

xoxo!!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. We had a dump of snow yesterday so the pups were happy. We get a week of warmer weather now (around 40) and then they forecast back down to the teens again. Jen and I will get the tree decorated today. If we finish up early enough I might pop over to the mall to check on a few things that might go on sale (Black Friday shopping has started here). Jen was gushing over some stuff at La Vie En Rose so I'll get at least one item for her, even if its not on sale.

I went to bed a bit earlier last night, feeling a bit tired and achy from the covid booster and the flu shot. I had her do them both in one arm, so one arm feels fine and the other arm is super sore. I'm a bit achy this morning but not too bad at all.

@faerywings I know you'll push yourself hard so be careful. You know everything will get done, just pace yourself. I know what you mean about the non-reaction to violence in society. It is so commonplace and it's so sad that we are not more affected by it but that's b/c we see and hear about it every single day. It's the only thing we can do or we'd go crazy. I'm so happy our little town is not so crime ridden. There is some but on a much smaller scale. I try not to watch the world news too much, it's too depressing.

I'm going to get coffee and get out to feed the birds. Their feeders are covered in snow. Plus I need to sweep off the back stairs.

HAGD everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@tanteva Thank you so much for the button suggestions. I am going to have to make a run to the craft store and pick them out, Wish me luck that they don't give me the heebee-jeebies (does that translate at all into Swedish?) cuz everyone knows how I hate buttons.
What part of a c-section didn't feel like an operation at the time?? I mean, it was all there, the scalpel, the stitches :p

Hahaha at the meme, but you redeemed yourself with the yarn purchase. You are very smart (at least when it comes to buying yarn, maybe not for medical procedures LOL!!!!)

@LSlycord That sounds soul-rejuvenating, snuggling with Syd much of the day ♥ LOL that she Facetimes you from her room!!
I have my list of food that I can cook in advance (stuffing/pies/rolls/sweet potatoes) that I am doing today. Since I don't have to deal with the turkey, that is a big plus for me. I am sure that the kids will give you a hand as sous chefs.
No stress vibes to you too~~~~~

@vickyday I am always amazed at how much I look like my Bitmoji, I mean, you can tell it is me. Yours too!
I am glad that Mark is feeling better, sinus infections can be awful and painful. I would soak washcloths in hot water and place them over my face to get a tiny bit of relief. I haven't had one in a long time *knocks wood* and I hope to keep it that way. Drive safe!

@bcgal00 Hope that you don't feel too bad after the booster/flu. I didn't feel great for about 24 hours and it wasn't as bad a reaction as the other ones I had.
It will be nice to have some of the old decorations mixed in with the new ones. I am really happy that J is looking forward to doing that with you. That sound like she had a good day with the pups too. I am sure there are a lot of baby steps-- forward and back-- but I am celebrating all of them with you. hugs!

xoxo!!
Thanks! I'm amazed how well the bitmoji matches, also! Mark IS feeling better today! Thanks for the travel wishes! Hope your cooking bonanza goes smoothly! Happy Thanksgiving!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Went to bed at 8:30 last night (IBS issues) and was up at 6:30 this morning!
DH took me to breakfast. The place we go to has breakfast for $3.99 through the week! I honestly do not know how they are making any money on that because it includes meat, 2 eggs, and your choice of grits, gravy, hash browns or home fries + biscuit or toast!
Today is cooking the turkey and freezing most of it, laundry, and packing for our trip tomorrow.
Praying all of you have a wonderful weekend and Happy Thanksgiving! I probably (maybe, possibly) won't be online much, depending on how crazy the activities are at my daughter's, LOL! But, I'm taking the laptop just in case! I'm going to have to do some major catching up on my Attitude of Gratitude pages next week! I will try to do the journaling every day this weekend and then I will just have to do the corresponding pages next week!
Love and hugs to all!
#kiss3

LSlycord

Good morning...it is still morning right? Happy cooking day before cooking day...yep, I think that is about right. I slept until 8:00 this morning...I think that it just feels so good to have the kids under my roof. I hadn't heard about the shootings in Virginia until I read this thread. I agree...I've been desensitized to the violence. It freaks me out more when it is on a college campus. And the stabbings in Idaho have me just a wreck. Even if it was targeted...that doesn't make me feel better. So mainly I block it out.

Going to throw a couple of frozen pizzas in the oven for lunch...I wouldn't do anything if we didn't have a guest. My kids would just know they had to make do. I've got chicken thawing in the refrigerator for supper. And we have a few new board games that are to be delivered today...something that will get people out of their rooms and interacting. ;)

@faerywings pace yourself lady. You don't want to feel terrible tomorrow.

@bcgal00 love that this batch of snow will be followed by 40's. And I agree with Chris, it is so nice that Jen is going to help you decorate for Christmas. I am not surprised that you don't remember getting rid of the Christmas village. You did so much in such a short time.

@vickyday so glad that Mark is feeling better. Have a good Thanksgiving and enjoy your family time. You will have so much to pack into those gratitude pages when you get back.

Ok...off to get my pumpkin pie ready for the oven. ((hugs)) to all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@tanteva
You are very smart (at least when it comes to buying yarn, maybe not for medical procedures LOL!!!!)

I have a motto in life: "Man behöver inte vara smart när man är snygg" - translates to: "You don't have to be smart when you're beautiful"

It's a bit weird how everyone is stressing about tomorrow. Here in Sweden it's just an ordinary Thursday, and I'm going to work.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Already the weather is changing. Now it shows only 3 days around 40 and then back down into the 20's and teens. It's crazy that 40ish is a warm spell here LOL.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
How much cheating is it to use a layout you made for one challenge in another? Asking for a friend. #devil

Just read the instructions for the word art challenge, and I made the perfect layout for it 2 days ago for a challenge at another site. Or ... wait ... my friend did. Ooops!