Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, July 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning to you! How are ya today?
Can I tell you something tragic? I think our coffee pot is breaking down. The keep-warm setting hasn't been doing its thing for several days in a row. That's bad. So very, very bad.:bawling:
I mean-- we have no choice but to get a new one but this one is not that old, less than a year. *grumbles*

I think I am in the "they don't make things like they used to mode" today. My brand new hiking shoes I got for my b-day-- the lace is frayed. I went to put them on and realized that if I pulled it tight-- *snap!* I took a couple of photos, emailed customer service and they are shipping me a replacement set. I won't have them for work today but maybe by next week when things start to ramp up.
My knee didn't give me much trouble cleaning yesterday so hopefully, today's hike won't be an issue. It's a training day for summer camp and we'll be taking the hike that we will do with the kids. I've been on this one once before with Scott, and it's not the easiest and has some rock scrambles. But not terrible either. (Talk to me tomorrow if I can't move LOL)

The weather was perfect yesterday and Gary and I sat in the backyard for a little while watching the squirrels being ridiculous. The day before, a fox walked by him when he was in the yard and he was hoping he would see them again. We also watched a mourning dove bopping around on the lawn. I said they look like sweet potatoes with heads and I stand by that. 100%

I scrapped a LO yesterday! woo hoo!! My downloads and files are an utter mess and I am trying to make pages using my stash instead of buying new kits. The last few pages I was able to do that- while ignoring the mess of my downloads at the same time. Hey--it's a win-win. :tongueout1:

Today is back to a regularly scheduled routine. Grocery pick-up and then work. Then DINNER :censored: I won't be home until 6 and Cait doesn't get home until close to the same time. I have to leave Gary in charge of cooking and I don't know what to tell him to make. Maybe spaghetti and fake meatballs if they come in the grocery order. But NO ketchup. ;)

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@mimes1 Are you getting excited about the new job or a little nervous? My bet is both! I started my job at the ecology center in Jan and it was my first formal, out-of-the-house job since 2001. I worked from home (for ACDSee no less haha!) for a couple of years and I've been cleaning for my friends for way too long ;) But for a "real" job, I was super nervous and excited. You are going to do awesome!
Any help with meal planning? Do you or Tracy have suggestions or know a way to farm it out to someone else? *hopeful*
I am with you, I wish dogs could live as long as their humans. They break my heart every time.

@MariJ Three days in a row of perfect party weather... Monday to Wed. Meanwhile, Sunday was off the rails. Boo.

@vickyday I don't know if I ever finished all of the Monthly challenges. I guess I pick and choose and hope for the best.
I started my LO with a template and then didn't use it for anything other than the placement of the photos. Then I moved the photos and resized them so basically nothing was left. haha. But yes, it helped me get started!!
Love the idea of the hangers for the car blankets. Any news from the doctor?

@BrightEyes Isn't it funny finding things that we used to organize old digi-scrap supplies? I recently found a printout of my brushes! That was probably when I only had a few hundred brushes compared to multiples of that now.
Whew, that is a relief that DD#3 didn't get flooded. I am sending lots and lots of healing vibes to SIL#2. My weapons friend has a leg injury from 30 years ago then never healed and he goes to he hospital several times a month for hyperbaric oxygen treatments. Have they tried that with SIL? Hugs to your family

@Celestine No need to reply, just feel the hugs and love we are sending to you :grouphugyay:

@BrightEyes the party photos are wonderful and so many of Cait's friends have been sharing them with me too.
Oh yeah..... nope, it wasn't the ballon arch that flew off. Luckily Scott was able to drag that under a tent in time.
449471677_10224854659490062_2678579333870163941_n.jpg

That's what flipped over. Can't tell you how blessed we were that no one got hurt. Meg almost got clocked in the head with the poles. BFF and my niece were underneath covering the cushions when it happened. :(

[BTW: from Left to right:
My BBFATS, my niece Julia, my mom (doesn't she look beautiful in that dress??), one of Caitlyn's coworkers, and my MIL who would hate me sharing that photo of her.]

@AK_Tracy were your ears buzzing yesterday before dinnertime? We were talking about AK and told the fam about your Costco drives. And the moose :D
I hope that the scans are OK, and only OA. Not that there is much that can be done for that but still- better OA than RA.
It sounds like a wonderful time with the family! I understand not being able to/wanting to upload family photos but at least you have them to look at and enjoy at home ♥

@Cherylndesigns That's neat about the substitutions- they don't charge you extra if it is more than what you ordered? Shoprite gives me one option for a substitution which is usually not the same price.
Good luck and good swing vibes to Drake for his next tournaments!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@JeanneMN
OIP.jpg
This is what I saw and thought of you! :floorlaugh:
Hope that you slept much better last night. It's the pits waking up that early.
Yes, that is the best advice for @Celestine
Now-- get some sleep-- in a bed, not at the computer!

@Terri M It's been chilly here in the mornings, I have a blanket over my shoulders ATM. It has to be perfect riding weather for you guys. The fireworks at the winery sound wonderful! You had me at "wine" :drinkglance:
Not sure about your breast center but the place I go to uses 3D imagining and computer-assisted reading. I used to have to wait and get mine read before I left but since I am cancer-free for a long enough time I only need regular mammos. I get to go home and worry about the results in clothes rather than wearing a bathrobe in the office LOL!

xoxoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning to you! How are ya today?
Can I tell you something tragic? I think our coffee pot is breaking down. The keep-warm setting hasn't been doing its thing for several days in a row. That's bad. So very, very bad.:bawling:
I mean-- we have no choice but to get a new one but this one is not that old, less than a year. *grumbles*

I think I am in the "they don't make things like they used to mode" today. My brand new hiking shoes I got for my b-day-- the lace is frayed. I went to put them on and realized that if I pulled it tight-- *snap!* I took a couple of photos, emailed customer service and they are shipping me a replacement set. I won't have them for work today but maybe by next week when things start to ramp up.
My knee didn't give me much trouble cleaning yesterday so hopefully, today's hike won't be an issue. It's a training day for summer camp and we'll be taking the hike that we will do with the kids. I've been on this one once before with Scott, and it's not the easiest and has some rock scrambles. But not terrible either. (Talk to me tomorrow if I can't move LOL)

The weather was perfect yesterday and Gary and I sat in the backyard for a little while watching the squirrels being ridiculous. The day before, a fox walked by him when he was in the yard and he was hoping he would see them again. We also watched a mourning dove bopping around on the lawn. I said they look like sweet potatoes with heads and I stand by that. 100%

I scrapped a LO yesterday! woo hoo!! My downloads and files are an utter mess and I am trying to make pages using my stash instead of buying new kits. The last few pages I was able to do that- while ignoring the mess of my downloads at the same time. Hey--it's a win-win. :tongueout1:

Today is back to a regularly scheduled routine. Grocery pick-up and then work. Then DINNER :censored: I won't be home until 6 and Cait doesn't get home until close to the same time. I have to leave Gary in charge of cooking and I don't know what to tell him to make. Maybe spaghetti and fake meatballs if they come in the grocery order. But NO ketchup. ;)

HAGD!
I'm with you in the "they don't make things like they used to" group! For some reason "they" think it is cheaper to just toss out the not-so-old and just buy new!!! I don't get it! We are using the oven that came with this house, which was built in the 60's! Why can't "they" just build their reputation on QUALITY like it used to be done! At least they are replacing your shoe laces.....even though it should not have happened!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@mimes1 Are you getting excited about the new job or a little nervous? My bet is both! I started my job at the ecology center in Jan and it was my first formal, out-of-the-house job since 2001. I worked from home (for ACDSee no less haha!) for a couple of years and I've been cleaning for my friends for way too long ;) But for a "real" job, I was super nervous and excited. You are going to do awesome!
Any help with meal planning? Do you or Tracy have suggestions or know a way to farm it out to someone else? *hopeful*
I am with you, I wish dogs could live as long as their humans. They break my heart every time.

@MariJ Three days in a row of perfect party weather... Monday to Wed. Meanwhile, Sunday was off the rails. Boo.

@vickyday I don't know if I ever finished all of the Monthly challenges. I guess I pick and choose and hope for the best.
I started my LO with a template and then didn't use it for anything other than the placement of the photos. Then I moved the photos and resized them so basically nothing was left. haha. But yes, it helped me get started!!
Love the idea of the hangers for the car blankets. Any news from the doctor?

@BrightEyes Isn't it funny finding things that we used to organize old digi-scrap supplies? I recently found a printout of my brushes! That was probably when I only had a few hundred brushes compared to multiples of that now.
Whew, that is a relief that DD#3 didn't get flooded. I am sending lots and lots of healing vibes to SIL#2. My weapons friend has a leg injury from 30 years ago then never healed and he goes to he hospital several times a month for hyperbaric oxygen treatments. Have they tried that with SIL? Hugs to your family

@Celestine No need to reply, just feel the hugs and love we are sending to you :grouphugyay:

@BrightEyes the party photos are wonderful and so many of Cait's friends have been sharing them with me too.
Oh yeah..... nope, it wasn't the ballon arch that flew off. Luckily Scott was able to drag that under a tent in time.
View attachment 423216

That's what flipped over. Can't tell you how blessed we were that no one got hurt. Meg almost got clocked in the head with the poles. BFF and my niece were underneath covering the cushions when it happened. :(

[BTW: from Left to right:
My BBFATS, my niece Julia, my mom (doesn't she look beautiful in that dress??), one of Caitlyn's coworkers, and my MIL who would hate me sharing that photo of her.]

@AK_Tracy were your ears buzzing yesterday before dinnertime? We were talking about AK and told the fam about your Costco drives. And the moose :D
I hope that the scans are OK, and only OA. Not that there is much that can be done for that but still- better OA than RA.
It sounds like a wonderful time with the family! I understand not being able to/wanting to upload family photos but at least you have them to look at and enjoy at home ♥

@Cherylndesigns That's neat about the substitutions- they don't charge you extra if it is more than what you ordered? Shoprite gives me one option for a substitution which is usually not the same price.
Good luck and good swing vibes to Drake for his next tournaments!
I do that a lot with Anna's templates.....move the photos around.....I'm not a fan of the "stacked" photos most of the time. I want all of my photos to show, LOL! I also hide and duplicate the photomasks and frames as needed depending on the photos I'm using. So, the templates at least get me started, LOL!
That cover is a gorgeous set up for the patio, but I can't imagine it being flipped over without someone getting hurt! Thank the Lord no one was hurt!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Another perfectly cool day for my 2-mile walk this morning!
I have a note on my-chart from my doc, @faerywings , but I haven't opened it yet. I will do that when I am done here.
The blanket covers worked perfectly with the ties I added yesterday! WOOT!
I'm waiting on Ilene to call this morning. I thought she would've called last night after getting home, but her daughter may have spent the night with her.
Nothing special going on today, especially since I expect to be spending the day with Ilene, or at least several hours of it. I plan to go ahead and get my shower done so I'll be ready for church tonight.
Hope everyone has a good day!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone!! Today I'm taking Ike in for his monthly Librela injection. Last night we tested the hammock from from the first car in the new car and practiced getting Ike in and out. Our first car is a full size SUV and it's hard for me to lift Ike in and out so I thought the new car, being lower, would be easier. He was willing to lift up his front paws, but he slipped, he repositioned and then I was able to lift his hind end in. But getting him out? He did not want to come out at all. I thought he would be more willing being the car is lower. But nope. I had to get Mark to help me get him out. So today, we'll go in the new car, and I'll ask for them to give his injection in the car, which they've done before. Then I only have to get him out once, and at home. He's such a good boy. He'll be 15 on Sunday. And you better believe I will most certainly be getting him a party hat!

Are you getting excited about the new job or a little nervous? My bet is both!
Yep - you got that right! The last time I started a new job was in 1984 when I started at the zoo. I remember thinking it was such a busy place and I would never be able to keep up - and when I left, I was supervising! I'm excited because I'll be working with and serving wonderful people, but nervous because it's all new, new people, new processes and procedures, I don't want to forget anything!! The pastors said it would probably be a year for me to get really familiar with everything. They said everyone will know me and I'll be learning 1000's of names. So. I will be taking a notebook and pencil!! Got a bunch of tops and pants at multiple GW's over the last week, and yesterday I found 2 pairs of comfy shoes (sketchers) that look nice, not fancy and office-y but comfy and nice looking. Not gym shoe looking. And I broke down and ordered a couple of cardigan sweaters at lands end for 50% off! So that should set me up for a while.

Isn't it funny finding things that we used to organize old digi-scrap supplies?
@BrightEyes In the early days I used to print my inventory as well as tutorials and put them in binders. You're motivating me (again!) to get those out and do some purging! They're in a box from when we moved and they've never been unpacked - more reason to thin out!

@JeanneMN add me to the list who thinks of you whenever the minion appears! Maybe we should ask Ona for a Minion emoji?

@faerywings seeing the size of that pergola and no one got hurt when it blew over is pretty amazing. The "before" set up looks beautiful and comfortable and relaxing! What a nice environment to have a shower.

Hope you all have a good day!!

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
This is a quick bellybutton visit, I've finished my workout and killing time out by the pool because the pharmacy at the grocery doesn't open till 8 @faerywings I know exactly what you mean about people here being attached to you. I was waiting for my friend to to come out of the locker room and there's a rack filled with all of these healthy recipes that the nutritionist puts out and I immediately thought of @bcgal00 I looked at a couscous salad recipe that looked delicious, said, too much work and put it back. I'm a lazy cook theses days. I'll be back later but after over an inch of rain yesterday Minnesota actually DOES get sunshine.17200094860853625418738894408731.jpg

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
I'm hopeless typing on my phone but you said minion. I wish a designer would do a minion kit. I had one at the other site and I did some minion siggys where I dressed one for each letter depending on the season. Ask me why I didn't get layouts finished. When I set up the monthy tracking and chat threads I alway had some sort themed minion gif I fell in love with minions at first site, I think it's because they speak my language.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It is a lovely COOL (64*F) morning and I have the house opened up to cool it down some (78*F inside temp), We had some rain last evening and must have more early this AM as the ground is still wet. Rain storm last evening had thunder/lightening and the power flickered a couple of times so I kept the adjustable bed at about 25 degrees while I was reading.

Yes, @faerywings it was fun to look back at some of the kits and other scrapping stuff from way back when I started. I have come a long way since those early days. :lol23: OH MY GOSH... that is a big pergola! So glad no one was hurt when it blow over! Thanks for IDing the people in the photo. And I agree... they don't make things like they used to do!!! The last 2 coffee pots I have had only lasted about a year before they started leaking and had to be replaced. Too many things are now made elsewhere and I don't think the standards there are like they were when they were made in the states. What a bummer about the boot lace fraying so quickly. Glad they will be replacing it for you.

@vickyday I know you are looking forward to spending the day with Ilene. Glad to hear there is no infection and hope they get you in for ultrasound quickly.

@mimes1 so glad you found some clothes that will do for your new job. Great buy on those Lands End sweaters. And comfortable shoes are a must. Yes, it is a nice feeling to purge all the papers that I no longer need or use. The recycle bin is 2/3 full - thank goodness it has wheels or I would never get it to the curb tonight for tomorrow's pick-up. I did look it up on their website and pick-up will be tomorrow even though it is a holiday - July 4th.

@JeanneMN I always think of you when I see a minion!!! I nearly spit out my coffee when I first saw your "innie-outie" bellybutton comment. Always glad to see you popping in - even if it is for a quick visit.

Thanks for all the healing thoughts for my Son-in-law.
Need to get my shower and dressed. Then I will be off to get the errands run that need to be done today.

Celestine

Good morning everyone!! Today I'm taking Ike in for his monthly Librela injection. Last night we tested the hammock from from the first car in the new car and practiced getting Ike in and out. Our first car is a full size SUV and it's hard for me to lift Ike in and out so I thought the new car, being lower, would be easier. He was willing to lift up his front paws, but he slipped, he repositioned and then I was able to lift his hind end in. But getting him out? He did not want to come out at all. I thought he would be more willing being the car is lower. But nope. I had to get Mark to help me get him out. So today, we'll go in the new car, and I'll ask for them to give his injection in the car, which they've done before. Then I only have to get him out once, and at home. He's such a good boy. He'll be 15 on Sunday. And you better believe I will most certainly be getting him a party hat!
We did the Librela course with Chief as well. It was a mixed bag for us. He often felt ill and a little weak for a few days after the injection, and then he was noticeably stronger and did fairly well for the rest of the month.

Amy, have you thought of using a ramp to get Ike in and out? We positioned a fold up ramp with non-slip treads from the floor of the back seat of the car to the ground, and Chief would walk up it with his leash and/or the lift harness and then take one more assisted step onto the seat. Getting him to use the ramp to get out of the car took some work, but several months ago he hopped out of the car and really injured his old man hip. After that we used the ramp every time. We found using a lead and then blocking the way off the ramp with our own bodies sort of "made" him use the ramp. I hope this suggestion helps!

AK_Tracy

Good morning! Just poured my second :coffeedrinker: and quoted lots so hang on, here we go! :floorlaugh:
First Twin @JeanneMN its an innie-outie moment. Great niece is awake so the house will be all awake soon.
I mean-- we have no choice but to get a new one but this one is not that old, less than a year.
Oh Chris, this is horrible!! I'm so sad for you!!! Coffee pots should live forever!
Any help with meal planning? Do you or Tracy have suggestions or know a way to farm it out to someone else?
Write it down! I have a list and its dinners only. I write the date/day W3, T4, F5 (Wednesday the 3rd, Thursday the 4th) and then next to each one I write what I want to have for dinner. Make a grocery list with everything that you dont have to make those dinners. Write down the days things are crazy, little notions next to date, like babysitting, medical, etc so you know to plan simpler meals those days or use crockpot mode. It takes a bit of doing but you get use to the system and its easier. Also depending on if your a "leftover lover" :floorlaugh: double the meals. Either eat on it for days for freeze half for fast meals later in the month.

Also, check around your area. I have a friend who doesn't want to cook and he has a gal who makes meals. He found her through another friend and he pays her (can be expensive) but he gets one meal a day for 12 days, and makes two of his own. She portions it out and all you do is heat and eat. Its whatever health restrictions he needs, home made, good healthy foods. You might be able to look around and find someone like that in your area. I've never been one to do mass food prep, making meals and freezing them and prepping for a whole day. I tried once and its not how I cook. But I do sometimes like to double things and then freeze for later. We've often frozen leftovers in single serve sizes too for grab and go lunches. They usually thaw by lunchtime and then reheat at work.
! For some reason "they" think it is cheaper to just toss out the not-so-old and just buy new!!! I don't get it!
Money money money!!! Money! (singing in my head) Its all about money. They know that after the depression era, we became a throw away I deserve new era and so they know we will spend money if the appliance breaks. So they now make them to break quickly. They want money not a solid reputation. The dollar drives the industry now.
He'll be 15 on Sunday. And you better believe I will most certainly be getting him a party hat!
Oh I cant wait to see this!!!! Ike will be adorable.!!!!
Got a bunch of tops and pants at multiple GW's
Okay I watch 90% crime shows and murder mysteries are my favorite books, what are GW? I went where you didn't mean and thought what? Gu*shot wound? Wait that cant be right? So, yeah, more coffee needed and a clue for laughs cause I am not sure what you bought!!!! :floorlaugh:

This afternoon my house will be back to quiet and calm. Its been fun having my sister, niece and great niece here. She's such a good baby. Hardly cries. Happy. So sweet. But I am looking forward to my quiet house. The sun is shining and I know I will be reading and getting VitD later. Off to finish coffee, brew a second pot and think about what to do this morning. Dinners easy, its planned, beef n broccoli over rice. Pull meat out of freezer, throw in instantpot and off we go.

Have a wonderful day!!

mimes1

CHEERY O
@AK_Tracy, it's Goodwill (and isn't the other GSW?) I too am a mystery reader and crime show watcher, but I did get this one.
Thank you! Just jumping on the acronym band-wagon! @AK_Tracy I shop at Goodwill all the time. We went into the shopping center yesterday (haven't been in a mall for years), and even the clearance prices were ridiculous. Goodwill prices can't be beat and if you don't mind looking through racks it's a deal. I'd say at this point 90% of my wardrobe is GW.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
It is a lovely COOL (64*F) morning and I have the house opened up to cool it down some (78*F inside temp), We had some rain last evening and must have more early this AM as the ground is still wet. Rain storm last evening had thunder/lightening and the power flickered a couple of times so I kept the adjustable bed at about 25 degrees while I was reading.

Yes, @faerywings it was fun to look back at some of the kits and other scrapping stuff from way back when I started. I have come a long way since those early days. :lol23: OH MY GOSH... that is a big pergola! So glad no one was hurt when it blow over! Thanks for IDing the people in the photo. And I agree... they don't make things like they used to do!!! The last 2 coffee pots I have had only lasted about a year before they started leaking and had to be replaced. Too many things are now made elsewhere and I don't think the standards there are like they were when they were made in the states. What a bummer about the boot lace fraying so quickly. Glad they will be replacing it for you.

@vickyday I know you are looking forward to spending the day with Ilene. Glad to hear there is no infection and hope they get you in for ultrasound quickly.

@mimes1 so glad you found some clothes that will do for your new job. Great buy on those Lands End sweaters. And comfortable shoes are a must. Yes, it is a nice feeling to purge all the papers that I no longer need or use. The recycle bin is 2/3 full - thank goodness it has wheels or I would never get it to the curb tonight for tomorrow's pick-up. I did look it up on their website and pick-up will be tomorrow even though it is a holiday - July 4th.

@JeanneMN I always think of you when I see a minion!!! I nearly spit out my coffee when I first saw your "innie-outie" bellybutton comment. Always glad to see you popping in - even if it is for a quick visit.

Thanks for all the healing thoughts for my Son-in-law.
Need to get my shower and dressed. Then I will be off to get the errands run that need to be done today.
I finally have an appt. for next Tuesday!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning! Just poured my second :coffeedrinker: and quoted lots so hang on, here we go! :floorlaugh:
First Twin @JeanneMN its an innie-outie moment. Great niece is awake so the house will be all awake soon.

Oh Chris, this is horrible!! I'm so sad for you!!! Coffee pots should live forever!

Write it down! I have a list and its dinners only. I write the date/day W3, T4, F5 (Wednesday the 3rd, Thursday the 4th) and then next to each one I write what I want to have for dinner. Make a grocery list with everything that you dont have to make those dinners. Write down the days things are crazy, little notions next to date, like babysitting, medical, etc so you know to plan simpler meals those days or use crockpot mode. It takes a bit of doing but you get use to the system and its easier. Also depending on if your a "leftover lover" :floorlaugh: double the meals. Either eat on it for days for freeze half for fast meals later in the month.

Also, check around your area. I have a friend who doesn't want to cook and he has a gal who makes meals. He found her through another friend and he pays her (can be expensive) but he gets one meal a day for 12 days, and makes two of his own. She portions it out and all you do is heat and eat. Its whatever health restrictions he needs, home made, good healthy foods. You might be able to look around and find someone like that in your area. I've never been one to do mass food prep, making meals and freezing them and prepping for a whole day. I tried once and its not how I cook. But I do sometimes like to double things and then freeze for later. We've often frozen leftovers in single serve sizes too for grab and go lunches. They usually thaw by lunchtime and then reheat at work.

Money money money!!! Money! (singing in my head) Its all about money. They know that after the depression era, we became a throw away I deserve new era and so they know we will spend money if the appliance breaks. So they now make them to break quickly. They want money not a solid reputation. The dollar drives the industry now.

Oh I cant wait to see this!!!! Ike will be adorable.!!!!

Okay I watch 90% crime shows and murder mysteries are my favorite books, what are GW? I went where you didn't mean and thought what? Gu*shot wound? Wait that cant be right? So, yeah, more coffee needed and a clue for laughs cause I am not sure what you bought!!!! :floorlaugh:

This afternoon my house will be back to quiet and calm. Its been fun having my sister, niece and great niece here. She's such a good baby. Hardly cries. Happy. So sweet. But I am looking forward to my quiet house. The sun is shining and I know I will be reading and getting VitD later. Off to finish coffee, brew a second pot and think about what to do this morning. Dinners easy, its planned, beef n broccoli over rice. Pull meat out of freezer, throw in instantpot and off we go.

Have a wonderful day!!
Yes, I know! It is very sad!

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy, it's Goodwill (and isn't the other GSW?) I too am a mystery reader and crime show watcher, but I did get this one.

Thank you! Just jumping on the acronym band-wagon! @AK_Tracy I shop at Goodwill all the time. We went into the shopping center yesterday (haven't been in a mall for years), and even the clearance prices were ridiculous. Goodwill prices can't be beat and if you don't mind looking through racks it's a deal. I'd say at this point 90% of my wardrobe is GW.
Thank you!!! We dont use "GW" we use Sally Anns. (Salvation Army). I knew it wasn't GSW but my mind just couldn't figure it out :giggle4: Now I can rest easy knowing Amy didn't buy any "killer outfits" :floorlaugh:

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
I really thought today was my day to get caught up quoting, but it would appear I'm quoting myself again. I went to bed at 7 last night and woke up again @ 3:15 this morning. Laid there until almost 4 and then must have dozed off because the alarm (Christmas music) woke me at 4:15.. Got my butt to the gym, went to get groceries, and then back to the optical place. Having trouble reading on my tablet & I've been struggling with the computer & now that I'm spending hours on it every day, I've been getting headaches. They decided my eyes should be checked again and also said I probably should have computer glasses. Good news, updating prescription lenses won't cost, frames for computer glasses are free, but lenses will be $300, checkbook has diarrhea these days & I've had a constipated layout the last 2 days. I finally got some movement on the layout today & eyes are too important to quibble about. It was gargeous today, I sat out in the pergola for a couple hours. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow afternoon & Friday all day, another inch or 2 expected. I too am a start with a template, shift everything around until it's not recognizable. Last week I my first Cheery 0 download was an Anna Aspnes template. I scrap to release my photos from the dark abyss of the hard drive, so I don't care for a lot of overlapping frames & I don't do postage stamp size photos & I usually duplicate masks on a template too. It was a challenge with trying not to change the template as much as I typically would, I even looked at sample layouts in the store to see how many alterations I could get by with. Chris, I feel your pain with not getting new things organized. I'm typically anal about tagging everything, but I don't have the time now, so stash is easy to search & new stuff isn't, Hard for someone who typically scraps with multiple kits. What I really appreciate about the O designers is that they put descriptive words in filenames, at least I can search that way, it's when it's el# it is so hard to work with. , Amy, I'm so glad you had luck shopping,, back in the day I enjoyed it, now I despise it and since I seldom go anywhere besides the gym & grocery store it isn't a huge deal. Leggings I can order online and I got a bunch of new fun t-shirts in Key West. I didn't want to be a belly button again today and I totally agree they don't make things like they used to, can't tell you how many things I've had that break down within weeks of the warranty running out. I think with all the rain the mold must be terrible along with pollen because I want to shove a brush up my nose because it itches so bad, and then of course there's the hangnail, and that other itchy spot, I tripped on a leg hair today. . - . . ( . . My rambling is excessive , my run on sentences are reproducing with each other. Night all.

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
Ah, sweet relief, it's finished. As I was posting Challenge #2, I noticed it was missing from the list of additional categories. Is this something I need to pester someone about besides my bestie pesties?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ah, sweet relief, it's finished. As I was posting Challenge #2, I noticed it was missing from the list of additional categories. Is this something I need to pester someone about besides my bestie pesties?
If you already chose Challenge 2 as the Main gallery you are uploading to, it won't show up in the additional categories list :)

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
At my cousin's celebration of life, her youngest daughter, the one I am most connected to, especially since I got the moniker Mom's Colorful Cousin from her about 20 years, gave the eulogy. Because the wind was blowing like a banshee, and the microphone was too far from her mouth, her body language told the story. There was a video playing on the side and part of it included a interview with her during those final months. That was also impossible to hear. I asked if it would be possible to get those from them when they felt ready. The links came today, and it was gray and raining again and as long as hubs was gone, I decided to view them by myself. Honestly, it was easier to grieve here rather than with the entirety of grief there. Yes, the eulogy was eloquently done, and the video was wa 50 minutes long, and at least 30 minutes of interviews with her, where they'd given her these cards with thought provoking questions about various facets of her life. That is a treasure I will watch again; it could be used with a group of people to experience what I wish more of the world knew. She so lived the last line from Brian's Song, don't remember how she died, but remember how she lived, and she DID live. The sun finally came out for a while so i went out to the garden and just 'was' for a while. I took a bunch more pictures of flowers and came in and downloaded another kit. I think I'll unzip things, no I no zippers in my clothes, and see if I can get started on another layout.

Last edited:

AK_Tracy

What a treasure @JeanneMN Twin to have those links. What a wonderful blessing to watch over and over. I didn't think to get video of my dad before he passed, just photos. I'm so glad you were able to watch them privately and let some grief out.