Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Wednesday February 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Wednesday- snow here in NJ- but not as bad as we are used to.
School has a delayed opening, and that always throws me off.....

Linda W- you probably got more snow so far this winter than in the last several years- it seems so crazy.
I don't mind not having the snow, but it is the freezing temps that are getting to me.

Hey-- did you happen to hear about Staten Island Chuck? He's NY's groundhog- and he stayed out- so we can either listen to Phil or Chuck- I am going with Chuck :lol:
Apparently he bit NYC Mayor Bloomberg, so he obviously distrusts politicians, so he must be pretty smart hahahha!

Yam- how was your birthday? Hope it was as special as you are!!

Saly - love the avi!!!
And thank goodness for chocolate!!

LInda S?? I missed what happened, are you ok??

Clara- glad that you had a fun jury experience :) My brother did a 2 month stint on a Grand Jury (every Wed) and he found it fascinating.Guess how much you get pain in NJ? $5 a day! LOL It hasn't been changed since the 50's I think. That doesn't even cover gas/parking.

AndreaNyx and Sally- huge props to you ladies, your kids are going to benefit so much!

Have a good day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Linda S!!!!Just read back from Monday night-- *gentle hugs* hope you are feeling ok- and that all of the car issues get taken care of easily.

hondachicc

QUIET in here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not so quiet at my house!! No kids yesterday...4 today!!

It's been a little wild!!

Yes, Chris...we have had more snow in this season than in the the last 10 -12 years together!! Last year we had one little snow in March about 2".

So wierd!!

On I am going with Chuck for sure!! LOL!!! especially if he bit Bloomberg..HAHAHAHA!!

I was scared this weekend was bringing some massive amounts of snow that would put this town totally out of commission...FaceBook had rumors...but the local weatherman said that they were indeed just rumors...we do have snow coming again on Friday and Saturday....it snowed all day long yesterday, but did not accumulate..just made a slushy mess.

Oh Sally I agree about the early start!! My Sharon was reading at 3 too...she was talking in full sentences at just over 1 yo...By First Grade she was into collections of books....She still loves to read...I get her hand me down books..LOL!! She buys them or gets them from friends and then gives them to me...so I don't get to pick...but it's all good...at least I have something to read!!

Better run....I have to clean up a bit...there are toys and baby stuff everywhere!!!

LaughingSun

aaah, another crazy day lol.

kids are crazy acting out today.... aaaahhhh.

but 2 more sleeps til I'm away for the weekend.... YAYAYAY! I think I'm going to do a LO with the room pic... I keep going to the website to look at it ;)

mrsaboyer

Hey everybody! Wow, it IS quiet today!
The sun is out and it's melting all the icy slush we got on Friday. So the good news is it's nice outside, the bad news is the ground is gross, so the kids can't run and play. Oh well, we don't go outside and play much anyway because Genny tries to get away and I just end up chasing her, and that's no fun.
Speaking of Gen, she's really grumpy today. Wish I could figure out what she wants and make her a little happier.

Speaking of juries, my dad would serve on the grand jury in perpetuity if they let him. He will do two terms, then take one off and then join again. I guess that's how you have to do it. He's been the foreman multiple times. He just LOOOOVES deciding what's what, and being in charge. The good thing is that he's very thoughtful and thorough and fair. But yeah. I'm glad he has that outlet for his authoritative side, or else the rest of the family would get it worse than we already do! :)

Big hugs to everybody!

LaughingSun

ooh, I just drove through the scariest snow storm. man... it was SO scary. I ended up driving 40km/h with my blinkers on... along with a WHOLE bunch of other people on the highway. Wow... glad that doesn't happen often!

LindaPete

Happy Wednesday all - looks like more snow on the way to my house :( Freezing rain is to come ahead of another 4 - 7 inches of snow on Thursday through Friday, more snow Sunday and high winds - yippee skippee!
We've already had five snow days, I'm sure they won't be the last!
As usual - I'm behind on all the gossip here.

Chris - glad to see you seem to be a little bit back to normal.

Linda W - I'm feeling your pain on the amount of snow this year! - regarding the early readers - Thing 2 was reading the Little House books when she started Kindergarten. She was tested in April of her first grade year and was reading at at 15 year old level and doing math at the same level. She spent the last three weeks of her first grade year in the second grade class and then in the fall moved to third grade with them. Reading is SO, SO,SO important! She's on a full ride to Stanford! - keep the gremlins reading!

Andrea - NyxKitty - glad you reached your destination ok! Be careful out there!

MrsABoyer - One of my colleagues is on jury duty this week, it sounds like a really interesting case. She thought it would go to the jury today or tonight.

Is anyone looking forward to the olympics?

Last edited by a moderator: