Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, February 24

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Hump Day dear O-Zies. I am happy that the sun is shining ATM, gonna revel in it as much as I can since it has been a long time (feels like forever and ever and ever) since it has been around. We might even get to the mid-40s today. whoo!! I was very rude to Gary yesterday. He was chatting to me and when I looked out of the window and I saw *more* snow, I dropped the F-bomb right in the middle of him talking. It didn't stick but it was like that on and off all day. Depressing.
My niece is doing pretty well, her symptoms are mostly like that of a head cold. She is able to take her classes (she is going for her Masters in Spec Ed and is remote) and is in a long-term sub teacher position which is also remote. Thank goodness she can do that or she would be out of her mind by now LOL

It was nice getting out of the house with Caitlyn and the rats for a bit. The bad news is that both babies have mammary tumors (who knew that rats have mammary tissue between their shoulder blades? Learn something new every day!) but the good news is that the vet is doing a two-for-one special. Hahaha!- He is going to do surgery on both of them but only charge Cait for one. We are already trying to think about what kind of cookies she can bring up to say thank you.
More good news for Scott and if I can get everyone's good thoughts I would appreciate it- He has a (remote) job interview on Friday. It is with the County's Park Rangers. Please let him get this job! I don't know what the job is actually for since his friend saw it posted so he applied and now got a call for an interview. *fingers and toes crossed*
I am off to pick up groceries today and after that, I think I might try to work on some scrapping. I love all of your new siggies and I think I should update mine. ;)

HAGD!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever That is such a bummer, but you don't want your garage door to not open. Every darn thing is so much money! Hope that FIL continues to heal and that he won't be stubborn about the dentures if he needs them. So home repairs are now a family affair? haha! Hope that Heather's shower gets fixed up easily and cheaply.
It sure does feel like we are at one of the two vets all of the time. Gary was joking about getting another dog and even though I know he was joking, I about had a heart attack. Two dogs is a good number.

@nancyr that is a great way to put it-- good day, well another day. Seems very accurate to me. You must have had it worse having the snow turn to sleet, it stayed mostly snow up here with a bit of ice mixed in. Sleet is the worst. The sun is out here and my fingers are crossed it is the same for you so you can get your windshield fixed. We still need to get mine fixed. Thanks for liking my crochet work too.

@bcgal00 Bella is so cute, must be fun watching her play! It has to be so frustrating to know that your back is always going to have to be "babied" but you are one tough lady. Your retirement plans sound wonderful and I truly hope it all works out for you.

@Cherylndesigns You are so lucky to have a nice family and to be surrounded by them, crazy is good like that! The chicken your DD made sounds really good, I wonder if Scott would eat that? I am guessing dried cranberries? I love feta and finally found one that is vegetarian-friendly so Cait can eat it in the chickpea salad I make.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You are KILLING ME! 75*??? Send it here!! :cool: I can send you some wifi while the fam is sleeping.

@LSlycord Recipe for Chicken Pot Pie There are instructions on how to make individual pies!

LSlycord

Outstanding @faerywings! Thank you. I’m going to try to talk Sydney into making those avocado egg rolls for us too. I used to love to cook and bake. Now it is a little more like a necessary evil. Last night I told everyone to fend for themselves. After all I made chicken noodle soup the night before. ;)
And all the good thoughts for Scott and his job interview on Friday. So hard for these young people right now.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... A sunny morning but still on the chilly side. Our snow has finally all melted away so today I should go out and see how my daffodils are doing. I should get all the dead blossoms off of the Hydrangea soon too. I hate that there are dead blossom on it all winter, but if you trim them off in the fall, the bush will not flower in the summer. I learned that the hard way!! Today I will be looking at more recipes for the instapot and trying to find some more Keto friendly ones. Get my online grocery shopping started so that I can pick up tomorrow. Blah, Blah, Blah another boring day LOL. Swimming was good, the water was nice and warm and it felt good to get in my laps! I hope to get in a good long walk today and perhaps work on a few more cards. Otherwise I will just sit in front of the TV and binge watch Bridgerton LOL. Oh the garage repair went well, the guy arrived quickly and got it fixed in about 20 mins. Turns out it was not a broken spring, just needed some adjustments, so yay, it should not be too bad of bill!

@faerywings Chris - Oh I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for Scott to get this job! How perfect would that be?? Your Vet is the best! How nice to offer that two for one for the little rats surgery! I bet it was nice to get out of the house even for just a bit! Good luck with your grocery pick up, I hope you get everything that you ordered! Yes I should change my siggie too, its been years since I did mine!

@LSlycord Linda - Yes that is the way cooking feels for me too, more of a necessary evil and with me being on Keto its even more so as usually I am not hungry, but DH will not give up his carbs, so that makes it more difficult. We are both starting to put on a few pounds so I really need to get us both back on track.

@nancyr Nancy - did you get the rain that you were expecting? Hoping that the sun came out for you today and that you get your windshield repaired! Your son is the best bringing you over some pulled pork! Yummy!!

@bcgal00 Rae - How fun to have the energy filled Bella with you yesterday! Yes we are wondering how much more we should do with this house as we know that sooner or later it is just going to be too much house for us and we should let the renos be someone else headache! I sure hope things go as planned for your retirement! Hope you get to do some challenges here!

@Cherylndesigns - Cheryl You certainly have a busy bunch at your part of the world! How lovely to have someone cook dinner for you too! Your temps are great! Send some this way please! What crazy weather you have had! Hope you get to download your files from somewhere today! It must be so frustrating!

Well I am in need of another cup of coffee, wish you could all join me for one! Have a great Wednesday everyone! (missing my wave smiley!).

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. The sun is shining. It'll be a good day to get outdoors with Taz. I love that I can bring my camera with me on our walks everywhere since it is so light to carry. You never know when I might see a bird, bear, coyote, etc. I saw a coyote passing by our backyard yesterday but he was gone before I could get downstairs to the camera. I knew there were some in the greenspace behind our house as Taz often stops to smell and backs away (good dog). There have been some aggressive cougars in our neighborhood and they had to put one down last week but warned that there are others and we need to be careful. They have grabbed a lot of dogs and cats. Even the coyotes are getting more aggressive, some people have been bit. I love where I live but hate the danger of the wildlife. I don't let Taz off leash now except for one open area where I can keep an eye on things. That's another reason why I really want a playmate for him, to give him exercise that another dog will give him that we can't. So far nothing available but hopefully sometime this year. Going to watch Bella later as Jen does some stuff at her new place (moving day tomorrow but she is there today doing some cleanup). Will get out for errands later too after a long walk with Taz which means I also need to get lots of my desk work done this morning. The day will fly by.

@faerywings Sorry to hear about more surgery for the rats but good that at least you get a discount. You have such a great vet. Sending positive wishes and prayers for Scott's interview.

@taxed4ever Glad the garage door fix was minor and not too costly. Ours was stuck a few days ago but then it worked ok so we'll have to keep our eye on it. Ugh...it is always something with the house. I too need to get out into the garden to prune but will wait till next month (mid March is a good time isn't it?, I never know, I'm not much of a gardener).

@LSlycord I'm the same way, I used to love to cook but these last few yrs I've been getting lazier and lazier and wanting fast and easy meals.

Have a good day ladies. I'd better get going.

felis

Hello girls, I'll try to come back later, but I have to choose between scrap and talk and I really have to do some scrap as month is suddenly gone! :eek:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hi my lovelies. Can you believe this weather swing??? @taxed4ever it was -6 and today it's cooler, 64 but I'll take that. The locals say that the cold spell was something very rare for here! The winters are generally fairly mild compared to Michigan winters. Yes, it's terribly frustrating to have to drive someplace to download my files. We're getting ready to go download my "foodie files" plus I'm jumping on here to see if I need any other before I go.

I'm going to make this short and hopefully can come back with personals. Chuck's waiting for me - he wants to run up to the mailbox while I'm downloading files. The mailboxes are way up by the main road. We have to drive up there to get our mail.

Talk later. Smooches.

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns I hope you got your files downloaded. hope you are enjoying your weather as much as I’m enjoying mine. (79 for a high today. Syd came in from school complaining about how hot it was.)

felis

Nope, I can't organize my time. It's not help that the weather is Spring like and at the afternoon I spontaneously get decision to make additional dog walk. Or saw something into the garden that distract me. Or the new season of TV series I like started and hook me up again. It's have nothing specifically happened except blessed ordinary days!

Chris, good luck on Scott! Absolutely fingers and toes crossed!
Healing vibes for the rats! Poor girls! "Oh, my, my family your family, there is no difference! We are at one of the two vets all of the time", knocking on wood, I'm not been yet, but next month start their yearly apts! and "Two dogs is a good number." LOL! I was always telling how I want 3, but with these bad finances. And absolutely awful Middleton (his favorite toy was murdered today and hidden behind the cabinet, he swear that there is no evidence against him, and also everybody is innocent until proved guilty ;) ), I think the same! Two dogs is a perfect number! I thought you aren't able to have more pets because of Cait's allergy?!
Fast recovery to your niece, too! When site was in break we learned that my aunt (but not this for who I'm worried about, one of my dad's sisters) is been sick too, and even in hospital. They didn't call us until she was already fine and back in home, as they aren't want to panic the whole family. And fortunately she is perfectly fine now! The other family from my dad extended side was sick too and now both have consequences for their health, but aunty don't feel anything like that.

Linda, I think that is the most for what we are missing my sister now when she lives in other country, she is brilliant cooker and was spoil us! Keep is update to your gardening plans, I love such a things! What kind of citruses exact?

Trudy, yes the gardening stuff, familiar! Oh, good that repair didn't cost much! And even better that was made on time to let you have your swim too!

Rae, you are really excellent prepared to care your back, sorry that so many things brings you so less relief! Ouch, yes, nature play hart sometimes, be careful!

Cheryl, @Cherylndesigns I absolutely love your enthusiasm to crochet again, and it's so worth it! I don't have many memories from my childhood (I don't know why, I just don't), but I'm remember from my grandma 2 gifts, one book and the most cutest candy pink sweater! It was so fancy and comfortable. I loved it! I still remember the pattern and before few years I found it and knitted a sweater for my dog. She still wear it, I'll post pics when I find time. So my thought was my granny is made to us thousands of gifts, but now only this is still so alive in my mind! Handmade things are never ordinary!

Nancy, hope you have nice weather and car's windshield was fixed!

LSlycord

@taxed4ever i did Keto for a couple of months last summer. Lost 15 pounds. My blood sugar was the best it had been in years. The. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all the days in between. I really need to get back to it. You will need to give me your hints.

felis

@felis hope you got lots of scrapping done. This month has gone quickly!
Yes, I did! I'm a way behind with finding of some photos I need for my calendar project, but except that my speed of scrap is usual! Is pretty normal for me everything to happens at the last moment! LOL

Oh, I don't want this to sounds as complaint, it's just a notice I made today! I really miss from the old gallery the option where we was able to see all new comments on one place, Without to have to open all layouts one by one. But the good things are more, so really it's not a big deal!

LSlycord

@bcgal00 your area sounds beautiful although I would be worried walking the dog as well. I need a lightweight camera. I love my DSLR but I miss lots of shots because I don’t want to lug around a heavy camera.

LSlycord

@felis I want what is called a ccocktail citrus tree. It is a tree that is grafted with any number of oranges, lemons, limes or grapefruit. I don’t want any grapefruit on mine but I will take the rest.