Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, February 14

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Valentine's Day! Would you all please:

20013950.png

I honestly didn't even realize today was Valentine's Day this morning until I logged into Bitmoji and all of the recommended stickers were hearts and love. That's me, a total romantic. :lol23:

My hope for yesterday was that I would have plenty of time to scrap. Annnnd, guess what? Didn't happen. hmmph. Besides shoveling snow, I honestly don't know where the majority of my day went. We ended up getting about a foot of snow. Gary used the snowblower to clear most of the driveway but he isn't feeling good- lots of muscle and joint pain - so I cleared the cars and got as much of the driveway to blacktop as possible.
I had about an hour in the afternoon before I needed to start dinner and sat down, opened up PS, and *nothing*
My mind was completely blank. I tagged a few kits in ACDSee thinking that it might inspire me, but no luck there.

Today I am working at Weis, please please please let the kids all have good snowboots on!!!
I don't know how much time we will be able to spend outside, it will be below freezing all day plus the wind is nasty ATM.
I looked up some animations and videos of how to make basic knots and tried some of them out. If a burglar ever comes into my house, I guarantee I will not be able to handcuff him with rope. :no:
I tried.
The irony is that when I am "crocheting" I get knots in the yarn but that's when I am not trying to. *G*

It's Valentine's Day, do any of you have plans to be with family or friends? Gary and I don't do anything special but he is cooking dinner tonight. We're trying to have him cook on the days I am working. It's a nice break for me. ♥

Sending love to you all! :lovey3:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday I swear, that was how my face looked all day yesterday. I'd look out of any window-- Harrumph!
Yup- Google Sheets works the same as Excel. There might be some differences but Docs works the same as MS Word, so I guess any differences would be small. You and Cait would have a blast discussing columns and sorting and all that. :D
Good luck if you look at some senior activities. I have been on my mom's case to do the same for years.
*gulps at the price tag of that truck*
Noah--- listen to Aunt Chris, you do *not* want that kind of debt at your age. Especially for a car/truck. And doubly especially (I know Grammarly, that isn't the right way to say it!) if you are a new driver. Chances are that you'll bang it up, it's kinda what new drivers do.
Did you have a nice time at the widow's meeting? It must have been great to catch up with everyone as it's been a while.
Great quote from the almanac! :flower:

@BrightEyes Bwuahahah!!! Too funny about dreaming of Facebook! When I was coming out of anesthesia from my ankle surgery, I was "scrolling" Twitter in the air in front of me. :lol23: I think it's a sign for both of us.
Your niece was supposed to stop and see you on the trip to NC, right? *fingers crossed that they have an easy trip back home and a wonderful visit with you* Mid-March will be here in the blink of an eye.

*blinks eyes rapidly*
Nope, Still Feb, still snow on the ground. Harrumph!

@taxed4ever Thank you for the reminder -- Sadie's b-day is the same as my niece's. Always comes up fast for me too. Did you find anything for Sadie?
Any more news about your ILs and moving? If the bank doesn't consider FIL's savings as income, how can he get any sort of mortgage? Would he have to sell the house and buy the new on in cash?
We watched the third episode of True Detective last night. I am really enjoying it. The only thing that melts my brain is why in the world would anyone want to live where it is dark 24-7 for months?

@pachimac Welcome back, Susie! It stinks having to leave your vacation and come back home to laundry. Booooo!
Congrats on losing 20 lbs!! You got this!!!! :cheer:
I know I butt in all of the time, so forgive me for doing it again. I know it's hard for you to exercise outdoors because of the heat. You also want to take care of your joints-- my suggestion is to give yoga a try. I feel so much better when I do even a 1-15 minute routine. The are so many ways to start, you could even do chair yoga. Another benefit for me is that it helps my mental state and reinforces that you can love your body no matter what shape you are in. For me-- recovering anorexic with body dysmorphia- it is amazing.

PS: Gotta toot my own yoga horn, today is the last day of my 14-day challenge and as long as I don't mess up today-- I'll hit my goal!! :woohoo:

xoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Valentine's Day! Would you all please:

20013950.png

I honestly didn't even realize today was Valentine's Day this morning until I logged into Bitmoji and all of the recommended stickers were hearts and love. That's me, a total romantic. :lol23:

My hope for yesterday was that I would have plenty of time to scrap. Annnnd, guess what? Didn't happen. hmmph. Besides shoveling snow, I honestly don't know where the majority of my day went. We ended up getting about a foot of snow. Gary used the snowblower to clear most of the driveway but he isn't feeling good- lots of muscle and joint pain - so I cleared the cars and got as much of the driveway to blacktop as possible.
I had about an hour in the afternoon before I needed to start dinner and sat down, opened up PS, and *nothing*
My mind was completely blank. I tagged a few kits in ACDSee thinking that it might inspire me, but no luck there.

Today I am working at Weis, please please please let the kids all have good snowboots on!!!
I don't know how much time we will be able to spend outside, it will be below freezing all day plus the wind is nasty ATM.
I looked up some animations and videos of how to make basic knots and tried some of them out. If a burglar ever comes into my house, I guarantee I will not be able to handcuff him with rope. :no:
I tried.
The irony is that when I am "crocheting" I get knots in the yarn but that's when I am not trying to. *G*

It's Valentine's Day, do any of you have plans to be with family or friends? Gary and I don't do anything special but he is cooking dinner tonight. We're trying to have him cook on the days I am working. It's a nice break for me. ♥

Sending love to you all! :lovey3:
I sure hope your kiddos are dressed properly for the activities at Weis today!
I'm glad to be your Pal-entine, BTW! No plans for us since we will be going to church tonight. Mark said he needed to go to the store last night when he realized today was Valentine's Day. I told him not to bother, just take me out to eat on Thursday!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday I swear, that was how my face looked all day yesterday. I'd look out of any window-- Harrumph!
Yup- Google Sheets works the same as Excel. There might be some differences but Docs works the same as MS Word, so I guess any differences would be small. You and Cait would have a blast discussing columns and sorting and all that. :D
Good luck if you look at some senior activities. I have been on my mom's case to do the same for years.
*gulps at the price tag of that truck*
Noah--- listen to Aunt Chris, you do *not* want that kind of debt at your age. Especially for a car/truck. And doubly especially (I know Grammarly, that isn't the right way to say it!) if you are a new driver. Chances are that you'll bang it up, it's kinda what new drivers do.
Did you have a nice time at the widow's meeting? It must have been great to catch up with everyone as it's been a while.
Great quote from the almanac! :flower:

@BrightEyes Bwuahahah!!! Too funny about dreaming of Facebook! When I was coming out of anesthesia from my ankle surgery, I was "scrolling" Twitter in the air in front of me. :lol23: I think it's a sign for both of us.
Your niece was supposed to stop and see you on the trip to NC, right? *fingers crossed that they have an easy trip back home and a wonderful visit with you* Mid-March will be here in the blink of an eye.

*blinks eyes rapidly*
Nope, Still Feb, still snow on the ground. Harrumph!

@taxed4ever Thank you for the reminder -- Sadie's b-day is the same as my niece's. Always comes up fast for me too. Did you find anything for Sadie?
Any more news about your ILs and moving? If the bank doesn't consider FIL's savings as income, how can he get any sort of mortgage? Would he have to sell the house and buy the new on in cash?
We watched the third episode of True Detective last night. I am really enjoying it. The only thing that melts my brain is why in the world would anyone want to live where it is dark 24-7 for months?

@pachimac Welcome back, Susie! It stinks having to leave your vacation and come back home to laundry. Booooo!
I know I butt in all of the time, so forgive me for doing it again. I know it's hard for you to exercise outdoors because of the heat. You also want to take care of your joints-- my suggestion is to give yoga a try. I feel so much better when I do even a 1-15 minute routine. The are so many ways to start, you could even do chair yoga. Another benefit for me is that it helps my mental state and reinforces that you can love your body no matter what shape you are in. For me-- recovering anorexic with body dysmorphia- it is amazing.

PS: Gotta toot my own yoga horn, today is the last day of my 14-day challenge and as long as I don't mess up today-- I'll hit my goal!! :woohoo:

xoxo
Noah may have actually listened to Mark's explanation about why he should not get the truck. We shall see!
I have forgotten a lot of the spreadsheet stuff in the last 15 years I have been away from it. I still do simple stuff in the spreadsheet I have my banking in.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
36 feels like 30 here this morning! Brrrrr! Especially after it being nearly 60 yesterday! But the sun is brightly shining!

Had a great trip and time with the widows yesterday. I was so glad my back held out! And no after affects!

No plans today other than picking up a refill of the prescription for the white tongue. It's much better but not totally gone. I've been using this mouth rinse for a week now. I can't believe it hasn't totally cleared up yet. So I will contact the doctor and see what she says about it.

Mark will take me out to supper tomorrow night for Valentine's Day since we have church tonight.

I do have a few groceries to get while out today.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Happy Valentine's Day. Ava and her bf are taking me out, but we decided to wait until tomorrow night. All of the restaurants will be so crowded tonight and we'd like to be able to just sit and talk, the three of us. I told them that was fine with me. There are some parties downtown and I know how those go - lots of people no place to sit all standing around.

I'll try to get back in later on - I need to wake up and drink some tea now.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! It is finally a non foggy morning! Yesterday the sun came out and it was a beautiful afternoon. I went to the grocery store after chatting with Heather and of course I forgot one the items that I needed, so I guess I will head back this morning grrrr!!! I hate when I do that! The afternoon was spent having lunch here with my DH and then SIL and I went for a really long long all along the dike that leads to the bird sanctuary and outdoor learning centre, we walked for almost 2 hours! It was lovely and warm and the sun felt so good!! Sad to see that there were tents set up in the bush along the way, so many unhoused that get chased out of there and then they sneak back in, its getting really bad here! :sad2:. So I did not get any time to do scrapping and not sure that I will today either as SIL Linda and I are planning on doing the walk again today. Tomorrow they are forecasting snow, so we would like to get another good walk in before that happens, hopefully we won't get too much! Winter is not done with us just yet! :furious:. Tomorrow the blind install happens again, lets see if they get it right this time or not, my bet is that they will not!

@faerywings - Sure hope all the little ones have on good winter boots and jackets, sounds like you have some fun things planned for them! Happy Valentines Day to you and your Gary, it will be a nice break for you to not have to cook tonight! My Gary and I are not big on Valentines Day either, but I wouldn't say no if he decided to treat me to dinner!! :dinner:

@vickyday - So nice that you had a great time with the ladies yesterday! Sorry that you are still dealing with the mouth rinse for your tongue, hopefully it clears up very soon! How nice to be treated to dinner for tomorrow night, the restaurants will be less busy for sure!

@Cherylndesigns - That is sweet of Ava and her BF to take you dinner tomorrow! It will be so much quieter for the three of you to visit. Enjoy your tea this morning! Sending you hugs :hug2:.

I will go and crank up the heat and grab another coffee, its chilly here this morning and my fingers are turning white, darn Raynaud's!! :mad:. Hope you all have a wonderful day! :flower:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@faerywings said:

You go ahead and toot your own horn - and I'll toot with you!!! That's great!! I do have to figure out something to do to tone my body a little better. I have seen the chair yoga apps but I don't want to pay for one. I do have a Planet Fitness membership that I sporadically go to, so I really have to get there more than once a week to really see any difference!

About the laundry - I came home and put them straight from the suitcase into the washer - that worked really well and I was so proud of myself. Then Meli called from work and asked me to put in a load for her because she was out of underwear. Next thing I know I was on the floor sorting 6 loads of laundry of hers and doing HER laundry!!! We mom's rope ourselves into more than we're asked way too often. LOL

Today I am finally going to get to the pre-releases and scrap a bit. Yesterday was a wash. I feel so out of the loop!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Oh - and Valentine's Day will be spent at home. We spent so much damn money at Disney that to spend any more would hurt. 26 years married, I guess we can miss one Valentine's Day. LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Bit late getting in here today. Played around with Challenge - #4 - 52 Inspiration. I fell in love with Joyful Heart 2024-Ins No 7... such rich colors and lovely flowers in those papers. Could not believe it but I had just found a Pixabay Photo yesterday that had the right colors. Then the search in the 52 Inspirations to find florals that would work with it. WOW... not only did I find florals and elements that would work but also a paper that that the same color as the guy's shirt in a kit from Xuxper!!! And picked up a wordart from VickiS. Some things were meant to be... :cloud9:

Then it was time to run a few errands. Did the library run (got 4 books to read) and almost stop of gas but decided to check out the other place I to to. On the way there, saw another gas station with the price almost a dollar cheaper!!! dance4 It changed ownership in the last month so that may have something to do with price. I will be checking it out when I need gas again!!! Got to the grocery store to a packed-full parking lot. I swear there was 3-4 times the number of men shopping - yes... they were buying flowers and candy!!! And 3 different fire stations trucks and men were there buying food for lunch. Talk about a HUGE CROWD. I had forgot that it was Valentine's Day. Came home with lots of fresh fruit and veggies and a bunch of other stuff I needed. But didn't get eggs there as the price doubled over what it was a couple of weeks ago. Will check out WM and for a couple more things I need.

Yes, the line crew is still working on our street... at the rate they are going - it will take at least 2 more days before they are done on my street. I had to be careful when I backed out as there was a large orange cone smack in the middle of the street and in the middle behind my driveway!! They have about 6 different trucks and over a dozen men working.

Hope all of you enjoy your Valentine's doing - whenever you do it. HAGD

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! It is finally a non foggy morning! Yesterday the sun came out and it was a beautiful afternoon. I went to the grocery store after chatting with Heather and of course I forgot one the items that I needed, so I guess I will head back this morning grrrr!!! I hate when I do that! The afternoon was spent having lunch here with my DH and then SIL and I went for a really long long all along the dike that leads to the bird sanctuary and outdoor learning centre, we walked for almost 2 hours! It was lovely and warm and the sun felt so good!! Sad to see that there were tents set up in the bush along the way, so many unhoused that get chased out of there and then they sneak back in, its getting really bad here! :sad2:. So I did not get any time to do scrapping and not sure that I will today either as SIL Linda and I are planning on doing the walk again today. Tomorrow they are forecasting snow, so we would like to get another good walk in before that happens, hopefully we won't get too much! Winter is not done with us just yet! :furious:. Tomorrow the blind install happens again, lets see if they get it right this time or not, my bet is that they will not!

@faerywings - Sure hope all the little ones have on good winter boots and jackets, sounds like you have some fun things planned for them! Happy Valentines Day to you and your Gary, it will be a nice break for you to not have to cook tonight! My Gary and I are not big on Valentines Day either, but I wouldn't say no if he decided to treat me to dinner!! :dinner:

@vickyday - So nice that you had a great time with the ladies yesterday! Sorry that you are still dealing with the mouth rinse for your tongue, hopefully it clears up very soon! How nice to be treated to dinner for tomorrow night, the restaurants will be less busy for sure!

@Cherylndesigns - That is sweet of Ava and her BF to take you dinner tomorrow! It will be so much quieter for the three of you to visit. Enjoy your tea this morning! Sending you hugs :hug2:.

I will go and crank up the heat and grab another coffee, its chilly here this morning and my fingers are turning white, darn Raynaud's!! :mad:. Hope you all have a wonderful day! :flower:
Sounds like you had a nice walk with your SIL yesterday! Sad news about the unhoused folks. I'm sure we probably have the same thing happening in the main towns and bigger cities. We are out in the country so don't see any of that. Every once in a while we might see someone hiking up the road with a backpack, but not too often.
Lucky me got another prescription today for the mouth! She said it should have been gone by now so if prescript doesn't take care of it then we are dealing with something else.....which will probably mean more testing, OY VEY!