Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, August 21

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Holy moly, it is *cold.* It sure feels more like autumn than summer. Lemme tell you, I did not want to get out of my warm bed. Already, I am dreading the cold months ahead.
I'm so glad that we got a shore day in. The weather was a little windy and cool but the sun was shining and it was lovely! My mom and I enjoyed watching Caitlyn and Tom playing in the waves. I got a few pictures and videos and already shared the folder with them. We hit a little traffic on the way down but the timing was perfect. We found the vegan restaurant that opened at 11, and we got there just before they opened. So the kids got their food first and then went to the beach. The traffic on the way home, however, was awful. We left around 4.30 so it was rush hour traffic the entire way to my mom's. I was super relieved that we arranged it so Tom drove from my mom's back up here. That last leg would have been brutal if not. I was teasing my mom about how we used to that day trip without it being exhausting. I would drive to her house, and she would drive down and back from the shore. Then I would drive back home so no one got stuck behind the wheel too long. Sucks getting old, yannow... ;)

I am picking up groceries this morning and then unpacking and de-sandifying everything. Cleaning for my friend this afternoon.
Wishing all of you a fab day!!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Good Morning Everyone - a quick check in before jumping in the shower! @faerywings so glad you had a shore day. Before you know it we'll be in the beauty of fall! Did anyone else notice that all the fall coffee drinks release today? :coffee1: I have myself a little cold, last night I came home from work, fed the dogs and pretty much climbed into bed at 7 pm. I don't feel great this morning, but now that I'm up and moving around I'm feeling a little better. Will pick up some Dayquil on the way into work and should be good to go. Today we're going to the Mall :wow2: after work to find Mark a suit. My niece is getting married the week before your daughter Chris and Mark needs a black suit. Hopefully we can get one ready to go. I'll consider a rental, but cost wise it's probably better to just purchase one. I guess every old guy needs a black suit! :giggle4:
Hope you all have a good day!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yay for the beach, should be glorious there today Chris! It's such a pretty early morning in NJ and yes! Freezing here, it was 57º when I woke up and windy. Don't think it's supposed to get over 74º today, amazing.
Enjoy the shore! :beach1:
I was thinking of you when we were there! I would have been happier it it was 10* warmer but that might have made it too hot for my mom so it worked out. It was just amazing watching the waves. ♥ Are you getting in some last days at the town pool?

YAY for me! After almost 2 weeks I finally walked this morning! I went to bed early last night, got a good night's sleep and was ready to get up when Mark left for work at 6:45. It was a cool 64* but felt great for the 2-mile trek!
:cheer: Good job!!! How did you feel after the walk?
Hope that you catch up with Ilene soon.

@taxed4ever So glad that you're getting rain! I wish it wasn't going to rain or be too wet for your hike but safety is more important. I'm sure you have plenty of crafty things to do instead.
my nephew and family are stopping by to say goodbye to us this evening.
Hugs to you and the family :hug2:
Good Morning Ladies!
Where oh where did yesterday go? Seems like I was just saying hi and then next thing I know its time to have coffee again. I dont mind the coffee part but what happened to yesterday?
Hahahaha!!! This is so true!
I had two bags packed for one afternoon. I brought water, snacks for everyone, my lunch, a towel, a book, plus all of the layers of clothes and a set of clean ones to change into if my bathing suit/shorts got soaked. Plus flip flops since I don't like to drive that far in them, so I wear sneakers and bring the flipflops. All for a few hours. :D
I was thinking of you and your Costco trips and how I couldn't spend that much time in a car every month. My butt sure was feelin' it by the time we got back :giggle4:
Hope you had a wonderful visit with your friend!

@BrightEyes OHHHH!! The wedding page is beautiful! I love how you placed the ribbons and the photo. It is so elegant!
I hope that you can find a way to de-curl the photos.
I bet you are having a lot of fun looking through your old paper supplies too.

IT IS ALL FINISHED!!!! :spinningchair:dance4 :dancingbfly: :dancing6: :spinningchair: ONE SECTION DONE
Woo hoo!!!!!
Now--- get in the massager and stay there! :rotfl:
It really did! Even though I just about have to MAKE myself do it, LOL! I'd much rather stay in bed!
I hear ya!!! Even though I wasn't getting up to exercise, I had to pump myself up to roll out of bed b/c of the weather this morning.

@Cherylndesigns Tech is so frustrating when it refuses to cooperate and often for no reason. Usually for no reason. Hmmph.

@JeanneMN Don't start worrying about your winter vacation *now* - who do you think you are --me?? :greengrin:
Beach is my serenity word too. I swear my BP drops the second I can see and hear the waves.

Cheryl- back in the day -- when a watch was only a watch LOL- I used to have so many Micky Mouse ones. I still have a lot of them in my dresser with dead batteries. One had an alarm that played the Mickey Mouse Club sound and I used it to distract the preschoolers who didn't want to be left at school in the morning.
I bet the MM watch face and voice are adorable on its own but since the watch is from Chuck, that makes it even more precious.

Time to get my day started!

xoxoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Holy moly, it is *cold.* It sure feels more like autumn than summer. Lemme tell you, I did not want to get out of my warm bed. Already, I am dreading the cold months ahead.
I'm so glad that we got a shore day in. The weather was a little windy and cool but the sun was shining and it was lovely! My mom and I enjoyed watching Caitlyn and Tom playing in the waves. I got a few pictures and videos and already shared the folder with them. We hit a little traffic on the way down but the timing was perfect. We found the vegan restaurant that opened at 11, and we got there just before they opened. So the kids got their food first and then went to the beach. The traffic on the way home, however, was awful. We left around 4.30 so it was rush hour traffic the entire way to my mom's. I was super relieved that we arranged it so Tom drove from my mom's back up here. That last leg would have been brutal if not. I was teasing my mom about how we used to that day trip without it being exhausting. I would drive to her house, and she would drive down and back from the shore. Then I would drive back home so no one got stuck behind the wheel too long. Sucks getting old, yannow... ;)

I am picking up groceries this morning and then unpacking and de-sandifying everything. Cleaning for my friend this afternoon.
Wishing all of you a fab day!!
Welcome back! I was thinking you were going to be gone for a couple of days! Glad you had a good day!
Yeah, getting old is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Back to waking up at 5AM... might have something to do with the super bright moonlight outside this morning. It was lighting up the back patio and shining in around the blinds in the bedroom. Tried to get a couple of photos of it but they didn't turn out.
@BrightEyes OHHHH!! The wedding page is beautiful! I love how you placed the ribbons and the photo. It is so elegant!

I heard you yelling at me, Chris... And I did spend an hour there after supper. Ah... it sure felt good to kick back and relax and read. Then I got sucked into looking at the next group of photos - all flat and no curled ones. Ended up playing around with title page and ribbons. Now that I have learned the trick of gluing the velum onto the cardstock and gluing the ribbons onto the velum (and using the speed ball roller to press them together), it took less than an hour to put it together! At least I had enough sense to stop at that point. I will be working on the photos to go with the title page today.

IMG_3384.JPG

Going to be another heat advisory day... close to 100*F. So I plan on doing my errands in the morning before it gets too hot. I will be trying out the method to uncurl the photos as soon as I get the freezer paper. It will take a couple of days - treating them with moisture then using heavy books on them for a few days - to see if that works. I have a few non-wedding photos that I will use to experiment with just in case it damages them.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I was thinking of you when we were there! I would have been happier it it was 10* warmer but that might have made it too hot for my mom so it worked out. It was just amazing watching the waves. ♥ Are you getting in some last days at the town pool?

:cheer: Good job!!! How did you feel after the walk?
Hope that you catch up with Ilene soon.

@taxed4ever So glad that you're getting rain! I wish it wasn't going to rain or be too wet for your hike but safety is more important. I'm sure you have plenty of crafty things to do instead.

Hugs to you and the family :hug2:

Hahahaha!!! This is so true!
I had two bags packed for one afternoon. I brought water, snacks for everyone, my lunch, a towel, a book, plus all of the layers of clothes and a set of clean ones to change into if my bathing suit/shorts got soaked. Plus flip flops since I don't like to drive that far in them, so I wear sneakers and bring the flipflops. All for a few hours. :D
I was thinking of you and your Costco trips and how I couldn't spend that much time in a car every month. My butt sure was feelin' it by the time we got back :giggle4:

Woo hoo!!!!!

I hear ya!!! Even though I wasn't getting up to exercise, I had to pump myself up to roll out of bed b/c of the weather this morning.

@Cherylndesigns Tech is so frustrating when it refuses to cooperate and often for no reason. Usually for no reason. Hmmph.

@JeanneMN Don't start worrying about your winter vacation *now* - who do you think you are --me?? :greengrin:
Beach is my serenity word too. I swear my BP drops the second I can see and hear the waves.

Cheryl- back in the day -- when a watch was only a watch LOL- I used to have so many Micky Mouse ones. I still have a lot of them in my dresser with dead batteries. One had an alarm that played the Mickey Mouse Club sound and I used it to distract the preschoolers who didn't want to be left at school in the morning.
I bet the MM watch face and voice are adorable on its own but since the watch is from Chuck, that makes it even more precious.

Time to get my day started!

xoxoxo
I always feel great after I walk! It lifts my spirits because I'm proud of myself for getting it done!
I was looking forward to walking again today, but I woke up with a stupid headache, so I popped some Tylenol and went back to bed. It is still below 60* here! Perfect for walking! But, not today! Saving my energy for Ilene's visit.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Back to waking up at 5AM... might have something to do with the super bright moonlight outside this morning. It was lighting up the back patio and shining in around the blinds in the bedroom. Tried to get a couple of photos of it but they didn't turn out.

I heard you yelling at me, Chris... And I did spend an hour there after supper. Ah... it sure felt good to kick back and relax and read. Then I got sucked into looking at the next group of photos - all flat and no curled ones. Ended up playing around with title page and ribbons. Now that I have learned the trick of gluing the velum onto the cardstock and gluing the ribbons onto the velum (and using the speed ball roller to press them together), it took less than an hour to put it together! At least I had enough sense to stop at that point. I will be working on the photos to go with the title page today.

View attachment 426373

Going to be another heat advisory day... close to 100*F. So I plan on doing my errands in the morning before it gets too hot. I will be trying out the method to uncurl the photos as soon as I get the freezer paper. It will take a couple of days - treating them with moisture then using heavy books on them for a few days - to see if that works. I have a few non-wedding photos that I will use to experiment with just in case it damages them.
Such a pretty page, Kay! Love the ribbon!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Yesterday was productive, scrapping-wise. I finished my May monthly review and I got one set of June done. Our family gathering was May 31-June 2. The weather was so beautiful that weekend and there were so many good pictures that I did the whole 2-page spread of the gathering. I'll have to do another set for the rest of the month since it was Father's Day and I have some good pictures of Mark and his daughter. But that and July's will have to wait until tomorrow, I guess, since I'll be going to Ilene's today.
Last night for supper Mark and I went to the woods since the weather was so beautiful and not hot! He started a fire in the "stove" and one in the pit. I fried pork chops on the stove and we had pork sandwiches and Mac n cheese. I had already fixed the Mac and cheese at the house.
After supper we did our daily devotions and then sat in our hammock chairs listening to Christian radio and just goofing around. It started getting really cool around 8 so we cleaned up and packed up and came back to the house. It was a nice evening.
That's about it for me. I need to get my shower before I go to Ilene's. I will dress for church tonight so I don't have to worry about getting back in time to do all of that.
Mark came home from work with a headache, so he is laying on the couch. I may see if he wants to go to lunch with Ilene and I and I can bring him back before heading to Ilene's. He had the headache when he woke up this morning but it eased off a bit plus he had a job he needed to finish so he went to work anyway. When he finished the job he came back home. Hope it doesn't turn into a migraine!
HAGD!

MariJ

Your day sounds lovely Chris and YES! Sure was chilly here in NJ yesterday and I could quote your opening word for word, I sure agree. I keep telling myself this is NOT cold and thinking of winter.. But I don't want to think of winter and real cold! Windy for sure and made it seem cooler, but the sun was hot if you sat in it. This morning it was 52º, I'm sure it was a few degrees cooler up by you.
Today will barely hit 71º, sigh... But it's supposed to be warmer next week and for sure - always over 90º when our kids go back to school.

@AK_Tracy
I'm sorry youre so cold. I would be in shorts. Well, as long as the sun was shining. We're 39 at the moment. Definitely in fall pattern here. I even saw a leaf fall off the tree.

Oh my goodness, but I get it about shorts, it's all relative of course. We've actually had leaves falling off trees here, too but they're green and some brown, I think from previously when it was so dry all summer. And yes! Even though cool, the sun was hot.

Terri M

Hi everyone! I am re-emerging after 3 weeks grandma-ing: 2 here at home in Virginia and 1 at their home in Seattle. Even though I lugged my laptop across the continent, thinking I’d be able to scrap while the girls were in day camp, I managed a grand total of one weekly page. Tropical storm Debbie had come thru here early August, we got 6” of rain in 4 hours, 8” all together, and four of our trail bridges got washed away. So I spent a lot of time organizing work days and setting priorities and everything else involved in disaster management. Plus, when I’m staying with me my daughter’s family I take over shopping, cooking, and kid-chauffering to give them a little relief from the stress of running a family while holding down full time, demanding jobs.

On the plus side, this month has provided me with piles of new photos, especially of the girls. So I have fodder for many new pages—in addition to working on our photos from Disney World in April.

It was 51° when I woke up this morning. Sure didn’t expect that back here in Virginia! Here’s hoping the worst heat of the summer is past.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! It is very cloudy and grey again this morning, but I might be headed out for my hike this morning after all. It doesn't look like its supposed to rain until later this afternoon. I had a great day of playing in my craft room and almost forgot that I had to go and get my hair done at 1:30 :holysheep: I had to scramble out the door to make it there on time! Anyway my hair is cut and colored and she couldn't believe how blonde it had gotten. Got back home in time to get dinner all ready to put in the oven and then DH and I had a nice glass of wine on the upper deck and soaked up a bit of sunshine. It always seems that the sun shows up just around supper time. Anyway I still need to get a few more pages done on MIL's Junk Journal and I still haven't gotten a card made for her yet either, so hopefully that will all get done in the next couple of days. SIL Linda and I are taking MIL out for lunch for her birthday on Friday so I have until then to be finished her gift. We had a lovely visit with our nephew and family and my brother and SIL Veronica. They stayed for a couple of hours and then it was time to get the two little ones to bed, so we had our goodbyes and hugs and even a couple of tears. It will be a long flight home for them all on Thursday, we were so glad that we got to see them, but darn it makes me miss my kids so much now! :sad2:. I am off to get my backpack ready and hope to be better at catching up with all of you tomorrow! Hoping the sun is shining for all of you today and the temps are a bit warmer, but not as hot as it will be for @BrightEyes!! :sunnyeyes:

AK_Tracy

Good Morning My Sweet O family!
How are you all doing? :coffeedrinker:Life is flying along and I am wondering what happened. I got my calendar for the 24/25 year and transferred all the known dates and birthdays. Calendar is a bonus calendar and runs Aug '24-Dec '25, which I love cause I can use it for the School year and not have to change it in January. So all school info in on it, appointments, birthdays and holy moly September is full. I think I have one or two days only that aren't full. I love looking ahead at May as there is nothing on there but birthdays (so far).

I have myself a little cold, last night I came home from work, fed the dogs and pretty much climbed into bed at 7 pm. I don't feel great this morning, but now that I'm up and moving around I'm feeling a little better.
Oh Amy, I'm sorry you feel sick. I hope you feel better quickly. I'm sure with all the travel and emotional times have drained you. Take care of yourself and get better.:heartpumppink:
Oh my car seat and my butt are form fitted for sure!!! I'm so happy reading how much fun you had at the shore. Sounds like a perfect day! Its crazy what we use to do when young and needed a day out. Now not so much LOL Better be worth the effort.
After supper we did our daily devotions and then sat in our hammock chairs listening to Christian radio and just goofing around. It started getting really cool around 8 so we cleaned up and packed up and came back to the house.
This sounds wonderful!!! What a great way to relax without having to leave home. I think I need some hammock chairs.
Oh my goodness, but I get it about shorts, it's all relative of course. We've actually had leaves falling off trees here, too but they're green and some brown, I think from previously when it was so dry all summer. And yes! Even though cool, the sun was hot.
It is all relative and I remind myself of the often when you all talk about how you enjoy the hot days LOL I melt. All our fireweed is done blooming, the official end of summer. And now the trees are starting to turn more yellow and before long will be all golden and falling off. Summers flying by at warp speed.
Hi everyone! I am re-emerging after 3 weeks grandma-ing
Hi Terri!!!! Was just thinning of you yesterday wondering how you were doing. Sounds like a wonderful time with grands. Cant wait to see some layouts of all the fun you had with them.
DH and I had a nice glass of wine on the upper deck and soaked up a bit of sunshine. It always seems that the sun shows up just around supper time.
Oh Trudy this sounds like bliss! Our best sunshine for the porch is from about 3-6p and it makes it super hard to get up and go fix dinner. There were days we would just call the pizza place so we didn't have to get up from the sunshine. A glass of wine and sunshine...... ahhhhh nothing like it to melt the worries of life away.

Coffee cup ran dry, gotta grab some more. Have a wonderful day!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thermometer in the shade on the back patio is registering 102*F!!! So glad I got my errands ran this morning. I ended up buying parchment paper (they didn't have the freezer paper). And I found a coated small-wire rectangle basket (with medium square openings - similar to a cooling rack) that is the perfect size to fit into the small bin for treating the curled photos. Tried out 2 photos and the curl on both soften within 3 hours. They are now in parchment paper with heavy books on them. Will check them in a day or so.

I have been sorting DD#3's wedding photos off and on most of the day. Since all the photos are one we took and are the same size - I decided to fill the photo sleeves with the main events grouped together. Then laid out the special photos of wedding participants and family on the cardstock... looks like I will have 6 - 8 special pages. I will need 5 - 6 more photo sleeves for the rest of the photos. And I found some ink pads that will work on the cardstock (pink for 2 of the cardstocks and teal for 1 other cardstock}. Going to leave the pages on the kitchen table and work on it tomorrow. I am taking the rest of the day off to relax and use the massager on the aching back. Once this one is done... I plan on taking 3-4 days away from the wedding albums to give my back a chance to recover.

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Then I would drive back home so no one got stuck behind the wheel too long. Sucks getting old, yannow... ;)
Hey "potty mouth" , we are merely chronologically advanced.
Did anyone else notice that all the fall coffee drinks release today? :coffee1:
I saw them in the grocery store last week. I love pumpkin pie, but I'm so not a pumpkin beverage person EWWW! Now, peppermint mocha is a whole 'nother story.
I was thinking of you when we were there! I would have been happier it it was 10* warmer but that might have made it too hot for my mom so it worked out. It was just amazing watching the waves. ♥
I could just watch them for hours, not as impressive in Minnesota
Morning, all. Back to waking up at 5AM... might have something to do with the super bright moonlight outside this morning.
It was so bright in the sunroom during the night I thought I'd left a light on.
Last night for supper Mark and I went to the woods since the weather was so beautiful and not hot! He started a fire in the "stove" and one in the pit. I fried pork chops on the stove and we had pork sandwiches and Mac n cheese. I had already fixed the Mac and cheese at the house.
After supper we did our daily devotions and then sat in our hammock chairs listening to Christian radio and just goofing around. It started getting really cool around 8 so we cleaned up and packed up and came back to the house. It was a nice evening.
Sounds like a perfect supper and even more perfect evening.
I keep telling myself this is NOT cold and thinking of winter.. But I don't want to think of winter and real cold!
Isn't it funny how our perception of hot and cold changes and it's not hot flashes.
Plus, when I’m staying with me my daughter’s family I take over shopping, cooking, and kid-chauffering to give them a little relief from the stress of running a family while holding down full time, demanding jobs.
What a fabulous mom & grandma you are! Looking forward to the layouts. What a fabulous mom & grandma you are! Looking forward to the layouts.
Got back home in time to get dinner all ready to put in the oven and then DH and I had a nice glass of wine on the upper deck and soaked up a bit of sunshine. It always seems that the sun shows up just around supper time.
Sounds lovely!
Life is flying along and I am wondering what happened. I got my calendar for the 24/25 year and transferred all the known dates and birthdays. Calendar is a bonus calendar and runs Aug '24-Dec '25, which I love cause I can use it for the School year and not have to change it in January. So all school info in on it, appointments, birthdays and holy moly September is full.
You are obviously the organized twin, I'm the other one.

MariJ

@faerywings

Yes, but like you it's been COLD... A lifeguard told me today that the water in the splash pad for kids today was 48º, his legs and arms were frozen when cleaning it. Amazing.
It's hot in the sun, yesterday when I got hot I went in and out of the water quickly. Then I couldn't do it a second time.
Today I sat on the edge and splashed myself, even that was too cool!
Still, we're all enjoying our last days there together. Should be warmer by the weekend and our last week.

BoatLady

I'm trying to catch up again...we had very bad internet and cell service for data at our last few camp areas. We are in Louisiana for a few days.. service is ok but not fast at all. I have to admit I will be glad to be home with reliable internet so I can catch up with everyone. It sure sounds like everyone is busy...I want a beach day too...We have not seen saltwater beaches since we left in May. Fall is coming I guess as allot of you are cold but it is hot here 95 today. I see @BrightEyes in NM is triple digits...it was like that when we were there ....too hot. @AK_Tracy it's too cold there...I guess I'm the middle in Goldilocks..80's are good. @taxed4ever yes wine while the sun is going down is so wonderful. @Terri M the hurricane did alot of damage when it went through...so sad. @MariJ it was a short summer up there from what I saw.
Well I try to keep up by at least reading your daily reports!!!lol

AK_Tracy

Cant wait @BoatLady Debby until you have reliable internet!! :heartpumppink: Its definitely hard to keep up when the internet doesn't work well or cell data. Safe travels as you finish your summer tour and head home. I agree you are in Goldilocks temps, 80 is good, over that is too hot. Below 45 is too cold for fall.