Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, August 17

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Another sunny day in New Jersey. *forces a smile on my face as I look at more dead plants*
Just wait, it is going to rain non-stop in Sept and my mom and I will be staring at the ocean from the window of the hotel. And I am going to be muttering to myself how I can't complain because the rain is desperately needed.

My poor BFF, her mom was in the hospital and there were some major paperwork f-ups between the hospital and the assisted living center where she lives. Three days to get her back home after she was ready to be discharged and they still could not get it right. I got to see my nephew for a little while too. He is having a rough time looking for a job. He graduated in May and has been sending out tons of resumes and Pfft. Nothing.

I am off to get my groceries this morning and keep myself and Gary's minds busy. He saw his bloodwork from the endo appt and his kidney values are all over the place. :( Hopefully, the endo will call today and let hm know if this is something to be concerned about

HAGD!

LSlycord

Oh Chris, I sure hope that the rain does NOT happen while you are at the ocean. Although, I'm hearing that hurricane season may extend this year. Uggh...

Anyhow, today is my last day with my baby girl at home. Tomorrow, we do drop off. I knew that I wouldn't like it but I HATE it. Nevertheless, I believe that she will do great and I'm going to see if I can remember who I was before I was MOM. Of course, I'll still be MOM but it will certainly be modified. And Shaun will be here to thank me for cooking. LOL He always does that..."Thanks for cooking."

Anyway, I think Brian and I will take a long weekend to the Smoky Mountains in October. Brian doesn't know that but I would love to see the changing leaves in the fall. I miss that. Shaun has school and work so he will be here to watch the dogs. Something to dream about while I do work today!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Wish I could have sent you rain yesterday. Last night it was raining so hard, I had to pause the movie, cuz I couldn't hear what they were saying! Getting really tired of the weather being EXTREME all the time, can someone please level it out a bit???

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Oh no!!!!!!!!!! That stinks soooo much about your Gary testing positive. I hope that you are fine- yup, stay far away! At least this happened on your way home from vacation. *looking hard for the silver lining* Good luck not getting it yourself- somehow Scott and I lucked out in May. I think that is what it takes-- luck.
One more silver lining-- if you need to stay close to home, that gives you the excuse to stay in and scrap all of the news photos you have ♥

@tanteva Ohhhhh, that story of the older couple made my heart melt. It really is something special to have a love like that. It is also very sweet that he knows that story of you and that is what he uses as the connection.

@Cherylndesigns That is awful about your friend getting a fever, that has to not be a good sign at all. More good thoughts to him.
Caitlyn was at Tom's house on Sunday for a grad party. She taped about 15-20 seconds as they walked to the backyard where everyone was. There were tons of cars parked on the lawn going up the driveway. But it was dead quiet. I could hear birds chirping but no voices. She does *not* understand how that many people can be so quiet! We are the same as you guys-- loud under normal conditions, put a few of us together, add a game and there go the decibels!

@LSlycord Yes, you will power through, and eventually it will get easier (I think I am telling this to prepare myself at some point!)
Shaun is gonna miss her too- I know my two would feel that way.
LOL-- my mom claims my kids as *hers.* Our families are a lot alike too :D

Eva Does the Dog Die is my go-to website and they track other animals not just dogs. We are watching Sandman and I joked about needing a Does the Gargoyle Die. My kids *still* laugh at me that I cried watching Eragon even though I had read the books and knew it was going to be ok LOL

@pachimac HAHAHAHAHAAAAA! That pig is tooooo cute! As for eating guac-- sorry, can't help you to stop but if you would like to share, Yum!!

Eee---VA!!!!!!!! for shame, after I kindly share Does the dog die with you and you tease me with that rat?? #angry2
hahaha!

@scrap-genie that is the worst, getting your eyes dilated. It really takes forever to get back to normal and stop hurting.
No news is good news!!

@BrightEyes whew-- glad to hear that you have a Dr appt. Hope that you feel better before then!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
That's why we love'em

never-trust-a-cat-funny-animals.gif

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Not so exhausted this morning so need to get the chicken pieces and bacon repackaged and into the freezer ASAP.
So glad that my primary care doc had an opening this month. I am beginning to think it might be related to my thyroid as she took me off the thyroid meds a few months ago. I know it helps regulate the body thermostat. I am sure she will run a full panel of blood tests so will go in fasting so we can get them done the same day. In the meantime, I am taking BP and temp readings every day.

Talked to DD#3 last evening to bring her up to date. She is planning her trip to visit with DD#1 starting this weekend. Her 2 yr grandson came home from daycare with a cold and now his dad has it, too. They live with her so am hoping she doesn't get it before her trip. As much as I would like to go with her to see DD#1 and family, I am playing it smart and not going anywhere until we find out what is going on with me health-wise.

No personals for now... need to get the food repackaged and into the freezer.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good morning lOvely O's!! I am still feeling well but got the shock of my life yesterday afternoon. After 45 years my DH shaved off his moustache!!! Guess Covid makes you do wild and crazy things!! DH decided to go back to bed and have a nap late in the morning, he woke up after a couple of hours and had a nice hot bath. When he walked out of the bedroom his face was moustache free!! I have been trying to get him to shave that dam thing off for years! He looks so much younger and I just love it! He said his face felt all tingly and he just felt that he needed to shave it all off! Our kids have never seen their Dad without a moustache he started growing it when he first joined the RCMP 45 years ago. I still have to do a second take when I look at him, sad that I can't kiss his hairless lips though LOL. I think that he is starting to feel a bit better, there was no coughing or sneezing coming from the bedroom during the night. The kids really love the new look too! Here is a before and after... let me know what you think!
Before.jpgAfter.jpg To be fair my poor DH is not feeling all that great in the after photo and its funny but I never realized just how much our son looks like his Dad until I saw his bare face again LOL. Anyway that was my excitement for the day. I did get a layout done for a Pre-Release and hope to get some more scrapping done today! I know that I will never make my commenting quota for the this month, but will try hard to do better in September. Soon it will be time to start thinking about calendar pages YIKES!!

@faerywings - Yes I have to look at the bright side and be thankful that DH did not get Covid while we were in Ottawa!! He is lucky to have very many sick days that he can use up from work. So he will be staying home for a while longer and seems to be feeling better this morning! That is horrible that your BFF's moms paperwork got so screwed up!! Why is it impossible for things to go smoothly these days!! Hope your grocery shopping goes well and that your Gary's bloodwork is nothing to be worried about! Sure hope you get the rain before you go to the shore and that the weather is beautiful and sunny while you are there!

@LSlycord - A bittersweet day for you today! Enjoy your time together with your daughter and before you know it she will be back home with you for the holidays!! A long weekend in the Smoky Mountains sounds heavenly!! My fav time of year when the trees all turn beautiful colours!

@tanteva - Yup thats why I always have loved cats!! LOL

@BrightEyes - Glad that you are getting in to see your Dr. Hopefully what ever is ailing you will be an easy fix!! Probably a wise decision not to travel anywhere right now, you need to take care of you first!!

Ok I best get something planned for brunch this morning, DH has not lost his appetite during all of this, so I guess that is a good thing? Take care everyone! Have a great day!

LSlycord

@BrightEyes so very glad that you were able to get into the doctor. And very smart to plan ahead and go in fasting so that it can all be handled at one time! I'm like you...much more energy in the morning so lots of tasks wait until the next morning.

@taxed4ever I am so sorry that Gary got Covid. My fingers are crossed that you don't get it. And what a shocker about the clean shaven look! I love fall with changing leaves and I sure miss it here. So going to have some in October, even if we need to drive to get it! (And as long as my fingers are crossed, keeping them crossed for my trip into the college zone tomorrow. I'm sure that Covid is running amuck there.)

@Betty Jo the vertigo sounds miserable. We need everyone to get well and stay well. ((hugs))

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

Just got off my treadmill. I decided to walk twice a day now, so I have one more walk to get in. We got so much rain last night. It started thundering while we were watching TV and it broke loose about 11 pm. It was raining when I woke up too. We really need the rain -

I'll be back for personals later - I have to get busy on some layouts and the girls will both be stopping in shortly

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone! It's still morning for me as it's 11:46 am in hot and sunny Las Vegas! I slept in until 10 and I have to go get my snoozing teenager who will not get up unless I wake her up. She's a sloth. My fault. We never started school until noon. I have to change that or she'll never function in the real world!

I spent the morning in the gallery commenting and posting some Standing O's. There are some really gorgeous pages in the gallery right now!

Hubby is working really late today, so we are having a girl's night tonight - Pizza for dinner and watching a chick flick. She's 19, so I don't have much more time to enjoy these!

Other than that, I'm still settling into my Cheery-0 easy chair and finding the best spot with the great AC and view of everything that's going on!

golden-technologies-lift-chairs-3.gif

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@faerywings "HAHAHAHAHAAAAA! That pig is tooooo cute! As for eating guac-- sorry, can't help you to stop but if you would like to share, Yum!!"

Dive in!
sombrero-de-guacamole-la-cooquette.gif

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. I decided that I would do the last comment on yesterday's thread because we hit the road to Gainesville at 7:00 a.m. We have two cars packed and ready to go. On Tuesday night, we all had an argument about how we were going to make this work since the dorm people will only let you "unload" one car. Shaun said that he wasn't going at all then. So I asked him last night if he was going and he said, "Of course, I'm going. I've said all along that I'm going." I reminded him of the argument the night before and his response..."We argue in this family. That's how we do it. And besides, I want cheesecake." (Our plan is to eat lunch at the Cheesecake Factory before we leave.)

@faerywings and @Cherylndesigns our family would fit right in with yours. We are loud. Brian's family was not loud but mine was. I guess loudness is a dominant gene even when your children don't share your gene pool. ;) And when it comes to competitive...the four of us don't compete frequently. Syd really has to reign it in when we play cribbage or Monopoly. She is always very quietly determined and focused because she plans to win everything. But when we are back home...my brother has always been crazy competitive and his five kids are the same. I have pictures from a game of Musical Chairs when my niece was 14...and a game of kickball. Well, let's just say, Randy has NEVER let a child of his beat him at anything. And he is paying for it in his 60's because they don't let him beat them now. And I was telling my oldest niece how I wasn't competitive and she started laughing and listing all of the examples of me being competitive. Well, I realized that I too had the competitive Noel gene.

Anyway, the adventure today is how we will fit everything in one car. We currently have everything but the mini-fridge, the bunk trunk and the baker's rack in the car. The plan now is for us to park the car in the parking garage, put the fridge in my spot in the passenger seat in the car, get the bunk trunk and the bakers rack to stick out the sun roof or a window...and drive the last four blocks to the unloading zone like that. We will see... I'll take pictures.

I'll come back whenever we get home to provide updates in the Thursday Daily O's thread. You ladies have been a great support and I so appreciate it. @faerywings I'll have your back when it's your turn.