Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, April 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I guess it isn't said that "April showers bring May flowers" for nuthin'
10226765.png

So much rain! I'd better have the best flowers ever by next month ;)

Shockingly, I am not in an awful mood despite the weather. And the crummy night's sleep! I had a productive and relatively calm day at my parents and didn't come home wanting to hide under my bed after drinking myself into a stupor HA!!!
The two of them stayed to themselves other than when we ate lunch together. No yelling this time. Whew! My dad's room is all clean so he's set for his surgery. I'll probably go down that day so I can put clean sheets on his bed and help my mom if she needs it to get him to and from the hospital. My dad started to clean the grout on the bathroom floor a few days ago which makes me want to shake him! (WTH, Dad!) Then my mom climbed onto the step ladder to get some blankets out of the linen closet. I'm waving my arms and yelling --I AM RIGHT HERE!!
I get it, I really do. They don't want to think of themselves as old or incapable. But sheesh! Isn't that why they want me to drive down, so they don't have to climb onto ladders?
*rolls eyes so hard they hurt*

I'm excited that Scott and Sam are coming for dinner tonight. I am trying out a recipe for fish tacos. I got fish fillets and frozen shrimp from the FP but can only cook fish when Caitlyn isn't around or she'll gag. She is going to a professional conference today through Friday so tonight I'm making fish tacos and tomorrow, a shrimp pasta bake :D She and two of her coworkers are heading to Atlantic City and she is presenting on Friday. She is 100% not happy at all about this. Her boss was supposed to be the lead presenter but now can't go so now that is on her. She's never presented at a conference so she's a little anxious. The silver lining is that her time slot is Friday at 8 am and there's another panel at the same time that is using Taylor Swift lyrics as the title. She is hoping that means no one will show up at hers, or if they do they will be too tired/hungover to pay attention LOL!

Hoping that everyone has a fab day- stay warm and dry for everyone dealing with another soggy day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Yay for productive days! Is it the spring cleaning bug that's getting everyone working hard? I totally believe that you have a ton of brand-new craft stuff hanging around. I have things with price tags from The Rag Shop- how long ago did they go out of business? 25 years ago perhaps? If you have things that don't sell (and I hope that you sell it all!) you can see if your local library or preschool can use the supplies.
Don't you dare move the heavy boxes-- wait for Mark!

@BrightEyes 29*?? Yuck!! Did it ever warm up? If it is rainy it is not like 60* will feel all that warm. I couldn't warm up after I got home yesterday even after I changed out of my wet clothes and put fuzzy-lined pants on. Thanks for the book recommendations, I'll see if there are any digital copies available.
Hope your tax papers are ready to file!

@Cherylndesigns so-- it seems like the phone appt was relatively easy, other than needing your marriage license. smart to bring the original with you instead of mailing it. And then you get some time with your girls-- always fun for all of you ♥
Poor Daisy must have been so confused-- she was thinking- Mom, go back to bed, it's the middle of the night for you!
Your grandkids sound so much like my kids-- good hearts and good energy. Cait, Scott, and Christopher keep my parents going. Just like yours do. Be gentle with yourself and rest. Chopped liver is gross. LOL

@bcgal00 I hope you found a cool vest at VV. Something lightweight with pockets would be awesome. Have a great time using your binoculars today and I hope you get to see a lot of birds!
Safe trip home to Jen too!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Had a really good night's sleep... no waking up 3-4 times during the night... so feeling much better today. Yesterday afternoon was a fantastic day. Got a call from the tax gal... my returns are ready!!! So I will be heading to the base pharmacy (30 miles away) this morning to see if my Rx is ready and a quick stop at the commissary before stopping at tax place to pick up the returns. It is half-way across town (15 miles away) so makes sense to do both in one trip!

I took a PJ day yesterday. The doorbell rang about 4PM and I looked out and thought "oh, no... a door to door salesman". Then I realized his shirt had Xfinity on it!!! I almost did a happy dance. Yes, he was there to see if I wanted to switch providers!!! Had him come in and explain what the cost of the plans would be just for internet and phone... and showed him the challenge of where to bring the service in the garage and over to the office. (There are shelves and tool bins that cover up most of the side wall with only 2 narrow areas to bring the line into the garage.) Had him email 2 quotes - depending on speed of internet. Will be saving between $30 - $40 over the service I have now!! I need to have him come back and sign up and set up the date to have it installed (about a week later).

Time to get my shower, dressed and on the road. BBL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
F
Good morning, all.

Beautiful day here, but only 50 degrees. At least the sun is shining. Yesterday was a "wash" after getting up so early (yes Chris @faerywings Daisy must have thought it was the middle of the night). Poor girl. Of course, taking a long nap wiped me out even more - thus the copped liver joke. I know ANY kind of liver is gross. *shiver*.

Did I tell you all about my "live plant"? I have ordered several of them from Amazon and they always come in these hard plastic "sleeves" that take a lot of work to get into. Not this one - I order that Eucalyptus plant and was so eager to get it. It was just "plopped" in a box - no protection at all and of course, it rained yesterday so the box got wet. When I opened it, all of the contents spilled out - it was a mess. My "live plant" was laying in a bunch of soil and the pot had three sticks in it - that's all. I suppose those were to hold the plant up. The "plant" was two puny little "sprigs" that were mainly just roots on a tiny dirt ball. I'm trying to contact the seller before I put the review (which the seller will NOT like) on the Amazon reviews. Of course, I took pictures, but it was just the icing on the cake for my day. I paid $25 for a mess of dirt and a few sprigs of tiny, dried out Eucalyptus leaves.

Kay, @BrightEyes I'm so jealous - Xfinity is THE best provider in my opinion and I miss that service SO much!! You will LOVE it and everything is bundled. Their wifi speed is fantastic - like I say, I miss Xfinity SO much! Enjoy!!!

Well, I need more tea, so hugs to everybody and hagd day. Wish me luck at the social security office - I HOPE it goes as smoothly as the guy told me yesterday. Knowing them, there will probably be a glitch. I'm taking everything that I think they're need. Got to be prepared. LOL

XOXO

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Popping back in - just got back home and I am exhausted!!! Did the run over to the base... turned out the doc did not order the meds - she wants to see me first!!! I didn't take in that part of the message!!! Thank goodness I have enough meds until after I see her on the 15th. I did do the commissary run and YES!!! They had found my reading glasses that I lost when I was there last! Didn't buy a lot but got a sale on pork chops that made me happy. Then stopped by the tax gal's place and got the good news that I didn't owe Federal much this year... and had over-paid the state so the first quarter estimated taxes are covered. Whoo-whoo!! Will get the Fed's in the mail tomorrow. Got the groceries put away and I am ready to kick-back in the recliner...

Got a message from DD#3 - she made it to DD#2's on Monday and will be there for a week or so. That will be good for both of the girls to have some visiting time together.

@Cherylndesigns What a rip-off that was!!! Glad you took photos of the pitiful plant. You should get your money back on that. BTW, I am sure you know that there are many sellers on Amazon so unless you go to the same seller you may not get the same care and healthy plants. Glad you are being wise to make the trip over to SS office and have them copy the Marriage License there so you can keep the original. Bet you gals have a fun trip, too.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Yay for productive days! Is it the spring cleaning bug that's getting everyone working hard? I totally believe that you have a ton of brand-new craft stuff hanging around. I have things with price tags from The Rag Shop- how long ago did they go out of business? 25 years ago perhaps? If you have things that don't sell (and I hope that you sell it all!) you can see if your local library or preschool can use the supplies.
Don't you dare move the heavy boxes-- wait for Mark!

@BrightEyes 29*?? Yuck!! Did it ever warm up? If it is rainy it is not like 60* will feel all that warm. I couldn't warm up after I got home yesterday even after I changed out of my wet clothes and put fuzzy-lined pants on. Thanks for the book recommendations, I'll see if there are any digital copies available.
Hope your tax papers are ready to file!

@Cherylndesigns so-- it seems like the phone appt was relatively easy, other than needing your marriage license. smart to bring the original with you instead of mailing it. And then you get some time with your girls-- always fun for all of you ♥
Poor Daisy must have been so confused-- she was thinking- Mom, go back to bed, it's the middle of the night for you!
Your grandkids sound so much like my kids-- good hearts and good energy. Cait, Scott, and Christopher keep my parents going. Just like yours do. Be gentle with yourself and rest. Chopped liver is gross. LOL

@bcgal00 I hope you found a cool vest at VV. Something lightweight with pockets would be awesome. Have a great time using your binoculars today and I hope you get to see a lot of birds!
Safe trip home to Jen too!
Not as productive today. Ilene came over and we played a couple of games of Qwirkle out on the deck. But I did haul some more stuff out of the she shed to work on later tonight, perhaps. And, I'm a bad girl handling heavier boxes than I should be! Right now I'm sitting on my heating pad! Ilene told me her daughter sells a lot of stuff on market place, too. So, if I don't sell the craft stuff, I may try there first before donating. I'm trying to make some extra $$ to take on our PA trip in a couple of weeks!

Have a good visit with Scott and Sam tonight!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon!
Still busy working in yard sale stuff. However I did take a break today and went to lunch with Mark and Noah and then Ilene came over this afternoon and we played Qwirkle. Then I went to the she shed and brought some more stuff in the house to price.

Nothing else going on with me!
Hugs to all!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Popping back in - just got back home and I am exhausted!!! Did the run over to the base... turned out the doc did not order the meds - she wants to see me first!!! I didn't take in that part of the message!!! Thank goodness I have enough meds until after I see her on the 15th. I did do the commissary run and YES!!! They had found my reading glasses that I lost when I was there last! Didn't buy a lot but got a sale on pork chops that made me happy. Then stopped by the tax gal's place and got the good news that I didn't owe Federal much this year... and had over-paid the state so the first quarter estimated taxes are covered. Whoo-whoo!! Will get the Fed's in the mail tomorrow. Got the groceries put away and I am ready to kick-back in the recliner...

Got a message from DD#3 - she made it to DD#2's on Monday and will be there for a week or so. That will be good for both of the girls to have some visiting time together.

@Cherylndesigns What a rip-off that was!!! Glad you took photos of the pitiful plant. You should get your money back on that. BTW, I am sure you know that there are many sellers on Amazon so unless you go to the same seller you may not get the same care and healthy plants. Glad you are being wise to make the trip over to SS office and have them copy the Marriage License there so you can keep the original. Bet you gals have a fun trip, too.
it was a total rip off, Kay!!! I did a movie plus took lots of pictures. This seller hasn't heard the last of me, trust me. It's unconscionable what they send out.!!! Trust me, I WILL get my twenty-five dollars back!!