Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, April 28

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Finally. The weather is going to be so nice today, mostly sunny with highs near 80. I can't wait to be outside. As soon as I get the groceries put away and do a few things around the house I am going to be out there and enjoying it all.

I have good news about my computer. Nope, this one is not working but I bought a new one and I got a fantastic deal! I found a Dell gaming desktop that was on sale *and* I found a coupon! I saved a boatload of money and came in under budget. The only drawback is that I won't get it for 2 weeks but as long as this one can hold on that long, that won't be an issue. I did scrap a page yesterday and dang, it was hard to do with the one monitor. I did it but it wasn't fun. I am spoiled. Caitlyn bought a new laptop. Her (not so) old one had been in the process of dying for the last few months and she had been using an old one of Gary's and an old one of Scott's for all of her classes and meetings. Gary gave it one last shot trying to fix it and still won't charge. She isn't happy but it isn't like she has any choice. Her summer class is virtual and so are several of the ones in her Fall semester.

I don't think I did much else yesterday. It really took me so long to scrap the one page, I kept looking for an element, then forgot what I was looking for. Switching back and forth between programs made me so confused. LOL!!

I am off to get my food order in a bit, then some laundry, and then YARD WORK!!!! woohoo!! I think I have to wait until next week to buy the veggies. Today should be prep work. Darn, I want plants. ;)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@scrap-genie How was birding yesterday? Did you get to see any uncommon birds? I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday and she said that she saw a goldfinch and that we don't see them often here. She also saw two bald eagles the day before. I wish I was able to tell birds apart- I know the basics, robins, cardinals, and blue jay. After that.. nothing. I should start paying more attention when I am outside but I guess I am focused on the ground, talking to my toad and salamander friends.
That really makes me so happy to hear that you all look forward to posting here. And for real-- go ahead and open the thread if I am not around!

@taxed4ever Oh yes, this is a good place to vent hah! Don't apologize for it, it is necessary. How was your visit with the ILs? I bet they appreciated the wine and chatting. Any updates on the floor or the oven? You should burn a whole lotta sage in the kitchen. That place is cursed lately. Our electronics are all cursed- everyone in my house is having breakdowns with all of our tech so maybe I need to do that same. heh.

@tanteva I am so impressed, your Gallery is filling up and you are back in the swing. I felt like I was stalking you by clicking on so many LOs of yours. That stinks about the roof and needing it to be fixed. Gary ordered a well-water testing kit and I looked at him like he was out of his mind. I wanted to know what in the world we were going to do if it *failed.* We don't have $10,000 to drill a new well. Who does??? Thank god it was OK.
One good thing about not scrapping for long is that you do have a backlog of photos to work with- fun to go back and revisit them. (I still can't believe it has been 5 years, it does not feel that long to me). I hope that you are able to get vax'ed soon!!

@Cherylndesigns I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better!! It is weird how once you turn the corner on the aftereffects it's like you were never "sick." It took me three days to get to that point (day of vax, 2nd day was horrible, 3rd was wiped out but better) and then Bam! Back to normal. Or whatever normal is for me. Completely not like being actually sick where it takes forever to feel that way and drags on and on.
Good advice to Adrienne to walk as much as she can and get the blood flowing.
Oh my goodness, that is hysterical about getting a "kiss" after stalking Bob Seger! Chuck is sooooooo lucky that was water-based paint or you would be scrubbing blood along with paint. Crossing fingers, toes, legs, and ears like Eva- that wifi gets to you soon.

hugs!!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@faerywings It's crazy! I was just gonna try and see if I still could do it. Now I'm working on my 13th layout! I miss the days when I had some kind of memory of what I have. You know, when you need let's say a tulip ... and instantly you know what kits have tulips. Now I have to search through files ... like forever.

I do have tons of photos to scrap, even though I haven't taken as much photos during these years, as I used to do when I was a scrapper. But we've travelled a bit - mainly short road trips to look at places we've stumbled on during our genealogy research. Really looking forward to re-live our travels.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Sorry I have been MIA - the back has been acting up the last couple of days. We have had several fronts going through so think that is part of the problem. Thank goodness for my Massager chair pad. Been using it everyday lately. My niece is also down with her back. We went from 80's on Sunday to 50's today with scattered rain showers plus high winds every day. I did manage to get a couple of LOs done and posted. Need to be rested and ready for iNDS this weekend plus Fab Friday Color Play.

Chris, so glad you got a chance to get outdoors. Know how much you enjoy being outside. Bet it was nice to have the house to yourself for a few hours. So happy you got a great sale on the computer. Keeping my fingers crossed that your old computer hangs in there until the new one arrives.

Cheryl, hoping they get the trenches dug and lines laid soon so you can get WiFi.... that must be so frustrating. Glad you were able to get Ava out and walking to help keep the stiffness down from her fall.

Trudy, I agree that the kitchen seems to have its share of bad luck. Hope things improve and you figure out what to do about the oven and the floor. <<< hugs >>>

Eva, you have been busy since you got back into scrapping. I agree that scrapping allows you to re-live those wonderful memories when you work with the photos. Wish I had taken more photos during the last few years.

Hope you all have a good day.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'm looking forward to taking Remi in today for her final vaccination and she is ready to get out into the world and meet all the dogs. She has met a few but I've been careful not to expose her to too much until she was fully vaccinated. Then we're off to the pet store for more supplies. Busy day with dog stuff and work. Walking with the new double accordian leash has been great. Not much pulling on me at all as we walk. Remi gets so excited now when I say we're going out for a walk. She jumps and leaps around, so happy. Taz is very patient and stands quietly as she sniffs everything.

Later today I'm going to make an easy recipe, blender banana bread.

That's it for me today.

@faerywings Glad you found a reasonably priced computer. Enjoy being out in the warm day today. We have rain coming and it's cooled off so it won't be so enjoyed to take Remi out (a million times lol).

@BrightEyes Sure hope your back feels better soon. Living with back pain is so draining, isn't it?

I'd better get to work now. Have a great day everyone.

felis

Hello, my dears!
I'm sorry I couldn't be here as much as I like, but it's our festive week and I want to spend more time with my sister till she is here. I want to share with you these cute bunnies wich I actually saw from Cheryl. Thank you @Cherylndesigns !
zaici1.jpgzaici3.jpg

Sending to all of you kisses and hugs!

Chris, It's wonderful that you was able to find what you need for both you and Cait!

Eva, I love to scrap flower photos. I have some travel photos too, but was feeling oddo to scrap them in these strange times.

Kay, take care for yourself girl! Hope your back gets better soon! Are you try with yoga?

Rae, happy pet stuff shopping!

Jean, enjoy the birding! You are made lovely layouts! I'm enjoying these photos so much, sorry that I couldn't find time to commenting on them!

Trudy, my friend, just give up and buy new oven, it's not worth it all the nerves you spend! OMG my washing machine was Whirlpool sixth sense and I hate it. The darn thing have his own opinion when to stop the programs and it's not always when the clothes are clean. Come on show us something from the silhouette machine, please!

Nancy, @nancyr what's are you've been up to these days?

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello!! Sliding in at the 11th hour. I've spent the evening watching "Heartland" with my hubby. It's about a horse ranch and we both love horses so much!

Chris @faerywings it is SO weird the path that these reactions take. It's about 3 days if one has a reaction. Today has been a great day except that we've had tons and tons of rain. The lake on the property is flooded and is almost over the road. We went up to the road to get the mail today and the water is literally rushing over the road in one spot. I tried to do a video, but couldn't do it justice. Our SUV was able to get through, but the water was up to the bottom.

How awesome that you found a new computer that's reasonably priced.

It's raining again - I've never heard so much rain. Having a metal roof doesn't help either.

Kay @BrightEyes I hope they get these trenches dug soon too. The flags will probably all be gone by the time they get around to it. I haven't really looked to see if they've washed away or not. Our house is high on a hill, but there's lots of flooding in this part of the country. Arkansas has had terrible flooding.

My daughter is much better today - she drove up this afternoon and her bruise is still huge, but getting a little lighter. I hate that we haven't been able to walk because of this bad rain.

Felis @felis I recognize those adorable little bunnies!! Aren't they the sweetest? Yours are super adorable!!

@scrap-genie did I tell you (or the other girls) that I saw a Hummingbird the other day? It was hovering right outside one of our living room windows!! I got so exciting! Hubby got two feeders, but it's been raining so badly that he hasn't gotten them hung up yet. He got another big bird feeder to hang in the tree, too. We LOVE to watch the birds and that Hummingbird about put me over the moon!

Well, I just did my nails and have to be careful here or I'll mess them up. It's not polish, it's this nail care that I put on them every few days. I wore acrylics/gel nails for years and when the salons all shut down, I was in a heap of trouble! I had an awful time getting them back to some kind of normal. They finally look pretty good, thanks to this nail care treatment I discovered. I will never get anything like gel put on my nails again!!! Time to put the second coat on.

Waving to all.