Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, April 17

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning (or whatever), dear Ooos!

Cripes I am tired! For the past two days, I've been cleaning and organizing non-stop here and it's not going so well. ;) There is way too much stuff in the house and some people (*cough* DH *cough*) don't want to get rid of anything. So there's a little tension here: me trying to throw stuff out, Caitlyn realizing that her cute, empty living room is now full of Tom's stuff, and no more room in the attic than before I got rid of several bags of junk.
I spent a few more hours on that yesterday then gave up. I had to go and clear leaves from another section of the yard just to clear my head.
I haven't seen any friends outside aside from some bugs and bees. I'm putting off cleaning the area under the rhododendron until last. That's where TJ (the toad) was hanging out last year so I want to keep the ground warm in case he is under there.

My BFF loved the invite I designed for Cait's shower and asked if I could make one for her co-worker's retirement party. I started some rough drafts and will work on them this morning. This afternoon, I am cleaning for my friend and dinner is at Scott's tonight. A busy day.
Did I mention how tired I am?
:thud:

At least the sun is out right now- maybe that and some more coffee will jump-start my brain. It's supposed to rain on and off for much of the day so I'd better soak that up while I can.

HAGD!! xo

JeanneMN

Gee, you made me tired reading everything you've accomplished. Our toads & frogs live in our pond & also mi-mate from the large water retention pond behind us. Just finished about finished with finances and discovered SiccusXM double charged me so I have to contact them UGH. Got up at 4:15 and had a bad case of lazy to skipped the gym buckled down on the finances. I'm missing scrapping. Back to work, more latergoofysmile1goofysmile1goofysmile1

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Shauilee-Bobis Isn't it funny with the weather how what is normal in one area is extreme in another? My area complains when we get a foot of snow. Meanwhile, areas of New York State get several feet of snow and life goes on :D Hope that the rain stops soon.

@BrightEyes I'm not sure when you'll see this but good luck with the Xfinity install today! May all of the wifi connections work on the first try LOL!

@JeanneMN Whew!!! I was concerned that you weren't 100% human if you woke up that early and worked out before coffee!
I would imagine that the people at the gym at the same time as you are the more dedicated, get-in and get-out type. That makes it easier. So does knowing there is coffee waiting for you as soon as you are done working out.
That's exciting about your college reunion. I've never gone to HS or college reunions, too anxiety-provoking. My BFF asks me to go with her every year but she knows everyone and I can't even remember half of the people I went to school with.
Hope you had a good time at the track meet. I'm cheering your dgd on.
BTW, my DH is on an insulin pump- 27 years now and his A1c's are wonderful- mid-6s. He was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 13 and will be 55 in a few weeks. He has some neuropathies, mostly in his feet, and minor retinopathy that gets checked every 6 months. But other than that, no major complications at all. (Lyme disease, on the other hand, has disabled him :( )

@AK_Tracy Wow, I give you so much credit for homeschooling that long. I work with homeschool kids at the ecology center, they are a fun bunch but I don't think I could have taught my two kids, all day every day.
My family is the same with me, pre-coffee. Stand clear! :exitroom:

@Cherylndesigns Man oh man, why is your weather not cooperating? Doesn't it know that we all want the bench put together? LOL
That's so awesome that Ava's already planning when she can get Kinleigh, yes it has to be when the pool is good for swimming.
So much mullein here, maybe I should start selling it on the black market hahahahah!

Thank you for the "bleacher butt" comment-- I forgot that I wanted to wash off our camp chairs yesterday. Friday night we are going to this:
1713354771616.jpeg
Hosted by.....

*drum roll*

Ranger Scott!
He already gave us a review at dinner last week but we want to see him in action. Cait and I are definitely going, Gary wants to but will have to see how he is feeling if he can make it.

@bcgal00 oh Remi!! How do you always get into stuff!!?? You give your mama heart attacks when you get sick like that. (She hasn't had any issues from what happened when you first got her, right? That was awful!) I bet you know she isn't feeling well if she isn't bugging you to play in the snow. Sending you all big hugs!

@DesignsByCRK Enjoy the weather! I wish I had wood floors- the carpets are so gross and I love the laminate that is upstairs. But I totally understand not wanting to mop them all of the time. OTOH-- I steamed and cleaned the carpets last week-- took me 4 hours. That afternoon, the dogs tracked mud on them. It's a lose-lose situation. We should all just give up. hahah!

I don't mind the cleaning, my issue is having to cook dinner. Every. darn. day.
Why do we need to eat??
A self-cleaning house would be nice, but if I ever won the lottery, I am hiring a personal chef. And someone to put clean sheets on my bed *every* night. Nothing too crazy :giggle4:

Ooops, its past 8 am. Better get my day started!
hugs!

AK_Tracy

Why do we need to eat??
A self-cleaning house would be nice, but if I ever won the lottery, I am hiring a personal chef. And someone to put clean sheets on my bed *every* night. Nothing too crazy :giggle4:

hugs!
Can we be roommates? I will cook. I love to cook. And bake and feed people but I hate to clean! My mom was OCD about cleaning and oh man I hate to clean. But I will cook!

As for homeschool, everyone says they couldn't but you really could. We all taught our kids the hardest parts, to walk and talk and eat and poop in a potty. The first year is always the hardest, and there were lots of tears. But it was the best thing I have ever stuck with. We were able to be with and get to know my grandfather before he passed, spent the last two weeks with my dad before he passed, we were able to be with my MIL this past January and February when my FIL passed. So many blessing that make up for all the tears and things my kids will never forget because school went with us, or we learned life skills.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I stayed home from the birding hike this morning and will instead go on the weekend. Remi is feeling better and I think she needs a good outdoor play session so D and I will take a drive to a neighboring town where they have a good grocery store (Calgary Coop, we don't have one here) and after getting groceries we'll take Remi for a run along the park trails. The snow we got yesterday has melted off the roads but is still on the grass so throwing the ball into that will make Remi happy.

I'm still working on photo organizing in lightroom. Has anyone had the situation where if using a USB hub, the computer will turn off ports, wanting to conserve power drain? I can't find info anywhere yet that says if I need to ignore that (that function can be turned off in windows) or if its important to do that b/c you could overload the computer. I have no idea but it is frustrating that I can't have all my EHD's running at the same time. I'd appreciate any thoughts about this.

It's cold today, hovering at freezing, but in a few more days we'll be back up into the 40's and 50's. What I am learning about Calgary is that you don't put away seasonal clothes b/c you could wear a sweater one day and shorts the next LOL. I was wearing a thin spring jacket, not zipped up, a few days ago and now today I am wearing a sweater and will put on a fleece lined winter jacket when we go out. Crazy weather here.

It's nice to see some of the scrap girls ladies joining us here, I have seen some familiar faces coming over to the group this week.

@faerywings Did you post a pic of the invite? I don't remember seeing one if you did. I feel your frustration about the clutter of too much stuff. Now that I have decluttered so much over the past 2 years, I don't think I could handle it anymore.

@AK_Tracy You can come here to cook for me anytime. I am so tired of cooking, I am getting really lazy about it.

I'm getting one more coffee and then heading out for a few hours. BFN

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

Well, some things go right - actually one BIG thing and one kind of big thing. I have to share the successes because I've shared the struggle all these months. Chuck's pension/SS is finally in my checking account!!! It's retroactive and I was so surprised to see that it was actually in there! It just went in overnight! I'm starting to feel the weight coming off my shoulders and actually cleaned both the showers today. My energy level has been null and void, especially when it comes to things like that.

The other good thing is that I decided to try Walmart's grocery delivery and it worked! I got my order about thirty minutes ago. Of course, the poor driver was so confused by the time she got up here. Roger was standing out in his driveway and directed her. I put on my order to have the driver call me when he/she got to the top of the property and poor thing didn't get the memo. She was so nice and even carried my groceries in and set them on the counter. Of course, I increased her tip, which hopefully will make her happy. The tip (if you wish to give one) is included in the bill and you can increase it if you want, which I did. There's a choice of having them left at your door, so I was pleasantly surprised when she carried them into the house.

OK that's about all the good news I can take for one day.

Chris @faerywings I agree about this nighttime weather. The daytime highs are so great and then comes the big dip. It's 83 right now, but tonight - 49. That's a huge swing. Yes, Ava's an angel - driving to Michigan to pick up Kinleigh. Her dad and older brother (Kinleigh's dad) live there too, so she always likes to go visit them. Her dad isn't doing well and she really wants to go see him.

I hope everybody has a great day and hugs to all.
XOXO

DesignsByCRK

Designer
@DesignsByCRK Enjoy the weather! I wish I had wood floors- the carpets are so gross and I love the laminate that is upstairs. But I totally understand not wanting to mop them all of the time. OTOH-- I steamed and cleaned the carpets last week-- took me 4 hours. That afternoon, the dogs tracked mud on them. It's a lose-lose situation. We should all just give up. hahah!

Why do we need to eat??

hugs!

I love to cook. It's one of my love languages - nothing makes me happier than cooking good food for people and watching them enjoy it :D

Can we be roommates? I will cook. I love to cook. And bake and feed people but I hate to clean! My mom was OCD about cleaning and oh man I hate to clean. But I will cook!

As for homeschool, everyone says they couldn't but you really could. We all taught our kids the hardest parts, to walk and talk and eat and poop in a potty. The first year is always the hardest, and there were lots of tears. But it was the best thing I have ever stuck with. We were able to be with and get to know my grandfather before he passed, spent the last two weeks with my dad before he passed, we were able to be with my MIL this past January and February when my FIL passed. So many blessing that make up for all the tears and things my kids will never forget because school went with us, or we learned life skills.
I'm with you :) Feeding people is one of my favourite things to do!

I homeschooled during Covid lockdowns, but I point blank refused to do it after that - so many tantrums, screaming and crying - and that was just from me!!! :giggle4::giggle4::giggle4:
Good morning ladies. I stayed home from the birding hike this morning and will instead go on the weekend. Remi is feeling better and I think she needs a good outdoor play session so D and I will take a drive to a neighboring town where they have a good grocery store (Calgary Coop, we don't have one here) and after getting groceries we'll take Remi for a run along the park trails. The snow we got yesterday has melted off the roads but is still on the grass so throwing the ball into that will make Remi happy.

I'm still working on photo organizing in lightroom. Has anyone had the situation where if using a USB hub, the computer will turn off ports, wanting to conserve power drain? I can't find info anywhere yet that says if I need to ignore that (that function can be turned off in windows) or if its important to do that b/c you could overload the computer. I have no idea but it is frustrating that I can't have all my EHD's running at the same time. I'd appreciate any thoughts about this.

It's cold today, hovering at freezing, but in a few more days we'll be back up into the 40's and 50's. What I am learning about Calgary is that you don't put away seasonal clothes b/c you could wear a sweater one day and shorts the next LOL. I was wearing a thin spring jacket, not zipped up, a few days ago and now today I am wearing a sweater and will put on a fleece lined winter jacket when we go out. Crazy weather here.

It's nice to see some of the scrap girls ladies joining us here, I have seen some familiar faces coming over to the group this week.

@faerywings Did you post a pic of the invite? I don't remember seeing one if you did. I feel your frustration about the clutter of too much stuff. Now that I have decluttered so much over the past 2 years, I don't think I could handle it anymore.

@AK_Tracy You can come here to cook for me anytime. I am so tired of cooking, I am getting really lazy about it.

I'm getting one more coffee and then heading out for a few hours. BFN

I'm loving seeing all of the familiar names/faces join us here :D it's been awesome. I don't know that I would like your long winters, I've always been a summer girl, but as I get older I'm discovering an appreciation for winter - I don't think I'll ever appreciate snow though :giggle4:
Good afternoon.

Well, some things go right - actually one BIG thing and one kind of big thing. I have to share the successes because I've shared the struggle all these months. Chuck's pension/SS is finally in my checking account!!! It's retroactive and I was so surprised to see that it was actually in there! It just went in overnight! I'm starting to feel the weight coming off my shoulders and actually cleaned both the showers today. My energy level has been null and void, especially when it comes to things like that.

The other good thing is that I decided to try Walmart's grocery delivery and it worked! I got my order about thirty minutes ago. Of course, the poor driver was so confused by the time she got up here. Roger was standing out in his driveway and directed her. I put on my order to have the driver call me when he/she got to the top of the property and poor thing didn't get the memo. She was so nice and even carried my groceries in and set them on the counter. Of course, I increased her tip, which hopefully will make her happy. The tip (if you wish to give one) is included in the bill and you can increase it if you want, which I did. There's a choice of having them left at your door, so I was pleasantly surprised when she carried them into the house.

Chris @faerywings I agree about this nighttime weather. The daytime highs are so great and then comes the big dip. It's 83 right now, but tonight - 49. That's a huge swing. Yes, Ava's an angel - driving to Michigan to pick up Kinleigh. Her dad and older brother (Kinleigh's dad) live there too, so she always likes to go visit them. Her dad isn't doing well and she really wants to go see him.

XOXO

I don't know the backstory about the SS - but YAY :D anything that makes life easier and less stressful is awesome!!!

It's nice when they go the extra mile, isn't it :) Our delivery person usually wont even bring them up the stairs. Tipping isn't mandatory or even expected in Australia, but I'd tip if they brought the groceries up the stairs to save me having to do it lol.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning (or whatever), dear Ooos!

Cripes I am tired! For the past two days, I've been cleaning and organizing non-stop here and it's not going so well. ;) There is way too much stuff in the house and some people (*cough* DH *cough*) don't want to get rid of anything. So there's a little tension here: me trying to throw stuff out, Caitlyn realizing that her cute, empty living room is now full of Tom's stuff, and no more room in the attic than before I got rid of several bags of junk.
I spent a few more hours on that yesterday then gave up. I had to go and clear leaves from another section of the yard just to clear my head.
I haven't seen any friends outside aside from some bugs and bees. I'm putting off cleaning the area under the rhododendron until last. That's where TJ (the toad) was hanging out last year so I want to keep the ground warm in case he is under there.

My BFF loved the invite I designed for Cait's shower and asked if I could make one for her co-worker's retirement party. I started some rough drafts and will work on them this morning. This afternoon, I am cleaning for my friend and dinner is at Scott's tonight. A busy day.
Did I mention how tired I am?
:thud:

At least the sun is out right now- maybe that and some more coffee will jump-start my brain. It's supposed to rain on and off for much of the day so I'd better soak that up while I can.

HAGD!! xo
Oh brother! Sounds like your DH is like my DH! The (junk) room he calls his office is FULL of his dad's (crap) stuff and his dad has been gone since 1999!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

I agree with @faerywings and @bcgal00 ..... you can come and cook for me ANY OLD TIME!!! I absolutely HATE being in the kitchen anymore! My experimenting kitchen mojo is totally GONE!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

XOXO
YAY! This good news made me so happy!