Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, October 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning from a very wet New Jersey! I am really glad that I don't have anywhere to go today. I am trying to not worry about Nancy and her part of NJ since it looks to be worse by her than up here. It took her town so long to clean up and dry out after Ida, I'd hate to see more flooding.

What did I end up doing yesterday? I did clean out most of the supply closet, tossed out a bunch of tester jars from two years ago, organized a bunch of bottles/jars/lids that I had shoved in there. Then I sorted through the fragrance oils and essential oils. I should have done that *before* I ordered two new fragrances. Oh well! Always fun to try some new scents.

I spent more time crocheting the gloves for Caitlyn and I am sooooooo aggravated with myself. I thought I was so careful with counting the stitches but I think I added an extra 4-double crochet cluster. It is right underneath the thumb hole so as I was working on it, I thought was part of the increase. There is no way that I want to rip out more than half of the project so she might just get a lumpy glove hahah! The rest of it looks good though, I love the pattern.
Today is going to be puttering around the house. I am doing my food shopping online this week and the pick-up is Thursday so I should get started on that so I can finish tomorrow. Of course, I am struggling with dinner ideas. Always.

How about you? Any grand plans for today?
Sending everyone hugs!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Not feeling well here. Woke up yesterday to Mårten puking. Got superstressed, thinking he's ill again. Crossing my fingers, that it was just something temporary, he is better today. We more or less maxed out his insurance last month, not sure we can afford if he got sick again.

But I was so upset yesterday, I took one of my pills for anxiety, and this time they really knocked me out. Fell asleep on the couch, and didn't wake up until Urban got home from work. I'm so happy to be blessed with such an understanding husband. He just jumped back into the car, and went for pizza.

Still foggy and tired today, about 27 hours after I took the pill. And I'm taking like the "kid dose" of Atarax. It's so mild, most people say they might as well eat candy. LOL I would be a cheap drug addict. Maybe it was because I had a cold?

Behind with everything, but I hope to be back to normal asap. Haven't read the last days' Daily Ooos, hope all is well!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Your weather sounds like what is happening here, winds and rain and flooding. Yuck. Hopefully, you didn't have any issues with your power. As for me, I am relieved it is only rain. It was exactly 10 years ago that we had the snowstorm the left us without power for days. This was 10/30/11- when Lawnmower Man become Snowblower Man. Hehe!!
CIMG1749.JPG
Was it sad to put away everything for the winter? I started working on the patio but still need to clean up the backyard. What are you painting for the show? You have been really busy with your projects, proud of you!!!

@bcgal00 You are way more disciplined than me. I gave up trying to keep the dogs from destroying their toys. They will dump out their entire basket to find the particular one they want, we keep joking that we have to teach them how to put them away. I could probably get W to understand putting the toys to "bed for the night," but J -- she has a brick for a body *and* for a brain.
Hope that D's Jen's power is back on, glad that your Jen, and you didn't lose it.

Kay- that is great that you have been catching up on your sleep. I am somewhat jealous. More than somewhat LOL I hope the weather isn't too fierce by you. Any update on your niece? Hope she doesn't have any issues with traveling on the roads and that she stays safe.
SMH-- I am not happy at all that Nov is next week! Gah!!! I am not ready!

@Cherylndesigns You know you can send me that nice, warm weather any time you want :D I am more than happy to share the cold and damp stuff.
Hahahaha!! I am chuckling at the image I have of you on my mind-- holding onto the halter, sobbing to not let them take it away! Look at how cute Sam is!! I love how he matches the decor!!

@Caro I heard that it was raining in LA! That is cause for celebration. Sound like the perfect day to snuggle with your little guy!

@tjscraps It seems like it has been raining everywhere. I don't know how you deal with the snow so early, that would be awful for me. Blech.
That is such a special gift that your mom gave to you. You will have your dad with you always. (sorry, I know that sounds so trite, but I can't put it into words how special it has to be for you)
How long are your ILs staying?

@nancyr That is fantastic that you and your future DIL's family are combining so well, doing so many family things. I often wonder (and worry) about how my kooky and loud family comes across to Leah's and Tom's much smaller and calmer families. So far, so good. We have been talking about meeting Tom's family at some point (mainly his chickens, I want to meet his chickens- JK. I think! :p)
It makes me happy that you are all doing so much together! Hopefully, you aren't having any more problems on the train after the Devils games.
You were at Heaven Hill Farm in NY/Rt 94? If you drove up through West Milford rather than Rt 23, you would have driven right past my house. (well, one block over). Caitlyn's rat-vet is 5 minutes past the farm. I bet it was *packed* but lots of fun. Scott and Leah went there last year but they went during the week, IIRC.
I am sooooooo HAPPY for you and your DS. His fiancee's family sounds very fun and loving and accepting. I am smiling for you too
yeah, that is what I heard-- that shingles are awful and painful. Figured as long as I was getting the flu shot, might as well get that taken care of too. I wasn't able to get any vaccines for so long while my immune system was a mess from Lyme, so I am trying to make sure I stay on top of it while I can.
Tom is in Branchville/Newton area, she sent me a bunch of pics from it and I can't wait to scrap them
That is really neat about seeing the fake snow, if you find out what commercial it is for, be sure to tell us!

Hope everyone else is doing well too xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Eva--- BIG HUGS
So sorry that you are still feeling crummy. Marten is still doing ok? I understand that anxiety over the furbabies.
Urban is a sweetheart, you definitely got a good one.
Take care of yourself today and rest

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning all ... It is another very grey wet day here! Yesterday's Bomb Cyclone kind of petered out before it hit our part of the Island. So no big winds where we are, but OMG so much rain!! I would have loved to have been in Tofino Storm watching!! The waves would have been spectacular! Here is one shot from the beach.
1635261572978.png
Today is more rain but not the downpour we have been having thankfully! I will be getting a parcel to mail out today, hooray one box of Christmas gifts done! Today I will be hunting for a few other gifts that might take a long time to get out to their destinations, wish me luck!! I have been waiting for some wood rounds that I ordered from a guy in Chilliwack on the Mainland on October 6th, it finally arrived today!! That's 20 days to come from a short ferry boat ride away, that is crazy!! Sure hope things improve with the mail! I am still working on getting a calendar page done, my gosh it is taking me forever LOL. I doubt that my calendars will be ready in time for Christmas this year :rolleyes:. Not much else happening here today and not sure if I will be going on my hike tomorrow, it is on Mesachie Mountain and one of my fav's but if its pouring rain it will be slippery and we won't be able to see much of the spectacular views from the top. Anyway I need to get busy and print out my labels for mailing. I hope you all have a wonderful day, sorry no personals today, Heather has facetimed with me since I started this and now I am running late. Love to you all!

Last edited:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. Want to stay on top of my work today b/c I need to finish a bit early so I can get the dogs out for a walk (in the rain) and then home to change and go out for dinner with D (a late anniversary dinner). On our anniversary (a few wks ago) we stayed home and ordered in but tonight D will get his big steak and baked potato dinner he loves at The Keg and I'll find something meatless I'm sure. I might even have dessert. I'm getting a new bridge (top front teeth) put in, they start working on it on Thurs and then a wk later will get the permanent one put in. Not looking forward to it but it needs to be done, its been over 10 yrs. So looks like I'll not be eating much for a bit as it heals, lots of mashed potatoes, soup and soft foods for awhile. Ugh, I hate dental stuff.

@faerywings Forgot to answer your question the other day about the squirrels, yes, they are starting to come back but not as much b/c with two dogs they have a hard time sneaking onto the suet without being caught by the dogs and barked at or chased. I'm going to put seed/peanuts out on the top of the fence in the garden for them which will keep them away from the dogs a bit more. Love my critters that come around :)

@taxed4ever Glad you didn't get the storm they predicted. We have had non-stop rain and a bit of wind but not too bad.

I'd better get to work, have a good day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all.

Love the pictures you shared, Chris and Trudy. It's beautiful here, but very windy and chilly. Chris @faerywings I wish I could have shared our warm weather, but I'm afraid it's gone.

Eva @tanteva sorry you're still not feeling well. Chris @faerywings, I reminded Chuck again today to not let them take my halter away. It's MINE and I'm KEEPING it!!! LOL Yes, it could come to that.

Trudy @taxed4ever good luck getting the things you've ordered. I told the big kids that they would probably be getting Visa Gift cards. They don't care. If Asher's hoodie (sweatshirt) gets here, I'm done with his gifts, instead of a couple of gift cards. Steph said he would love them! They love getting that plastic out. Haha

I just finished one LO for a pre-release and am getting ready to start on another one.

I'm going to get off here - I need to get busy and get some clutter control done. The house cleaners come tomorrow. LOL Chuck always teases me about "cleaning before the cleaners get here". I don't "clean" I just pick up. Chris @faerywings do you appreciate it when people pick up before you clean? I just want them to be able to come in a clean, not work around stuff. I DO tell them not to clean my desk, though. LOL

Waving to all.

felis

Hello girls!
I've been lazy about posting these days, but really have to concentrate on gifts making. As Trudy said, delivery these months are an awful, so have huge possibility the things I'm ordered also to come too late and I don't need unnecessarily stress. Will be good to have at least something just in case. Like Chris, I made a pillowcase, and she was oversized, if it's for me I'm not perfectionist, but there is no chance to give gift that is so messed, so I tried to rip out from the middle and do it again, but it's not turned well, so has to start from the very beginning.
Something that I learned this year, is that sewing is not just to set up your machine properly (it takes many steps before and after the machine, in preparing the fabric) and crocheting is not just making stitches (measurements and blocking before and after, as well as lots of embroidery if product is amigurumi). And often these steps are more important and time consuming in creations of high quality product. And exactly these details are the opposite of meditative. :rolleyes::cool:

Chris, I know I answer this every time , but why the heck you don't have list with dinner that are repetitive month to month? I really don't get what have to wonder when you don't have bunch of products around, it maiks the answer pretty obvious.
About the gloves I think you are too critical to yourself and some small imperfections are the charm of handmade!

Eva, I really sorry to hear that Marten is not feeling well again!

Trudy, the wave looks so beautiful with their wild power on photo, but I'm glad you wasn't there I would be worry for you so much, ocean anger is terrifying! Sounds awful to miss hike on favorite trail, so hope I that the weather will change!

Rae, your plans belated for anniversary dinner sounds cute, enjoy it!

Cheryl, I'm sorry I didn't saw your post, I think we cross posted. What I know from my mom's friends at the company for care assistants (I'm not sure is that the right term on english they basically clean and shop for alone elderly persons) is how these ladies gossip one each other about their clients, so always is good idea to prepare your house before cleaning. No one like to feels as your slave on salary. ;) I don't know, housekeeper is level up than a hotel maid, so they expect better working terms. So definitely you are right, but Chuck is still way too generous to accept his wife to step back of her duty, you are a lucky lady!

Last edited:

tjscraps

Morning-ish everyone lol This thread has been open since morning, I just haven't had a chance to actually type into it.

Same ol' busy-ness here, just a new week :) I like reading what everyone is up to though, so will continue to stalk ... er... check in :p

tjscraps

@tjscraps It seems like it has been raining everywhere. I don't know how you deal with the snow so early, that would be awful for me. Blech.
That is such a special gift that your mom gave to you. You will have your dad with you always. (sorry, I know that sounds so trite, but I can't put it into words how special it has to be for you)
How long are your ILs staying?
We deal with snow Oct-April usually, sometimes late September, and almost always one more big dump of snow on May long weekend (mid-May). I guess you just get used to it! And yes, I agree that the gift my mom gave me is so special, I love it and I don't think you're being trite at all! My in-laws are staying a week, Monday through Sunday. They live 7-8 hours away by car, so we don't get to see them too often, it'll be a nice visit (even if it interrupts our usual routine!).