Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, October 19

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
You are all in luck!! I have to be brief, I am leaving here in an hour so I don't have lots of time to chat.
(I hear you all sighing in relief and clapping LOL-- but I know you will miss me :D)

I had another productive-ish day. Because of my OCD-ish tendencies, if I write something down, I feel like I *have* to cross it off my list. I really wanted to ignore the "Make Appt for Flu Shot." In fact, it took me practically forever to process the appt (done online) because I kept switching the time and date. Even after I finalized it, I went back and rescheduled it. heh But I am glad that I did, I was going to go tomorrow, but I am cleaning on Thurs. I booked it for flu and shingles so it is possible that my arm might not feel up to scrubbing and mopping.

I also spent a ton of time with the girls. You can tell when the weather cools off, they will sleep on top of each other and make some pretty intricate nests out of the bedding. I tried desperately to get some good pics to send to Caitlyn but I think all of them were blurry.
I made a really yummy dinner too. Ravioli with asparagus/garlic/brown butter/walnuts. I combined a few recipes and should have written down what I did!

Today will be more of the same with the rats, -- mammo, getting ready for food shopping, figuring out dinner tonight.

Wishing everyone a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva Pre-covid, I went with Caitlyn to most of her Drs appts, just for moral support and company. It is weird now that I can't/don't go with her.
Bleck!! Too soon for snow and frost!! How did your dinner turn out?

@taxed4ever I hope that your Aralia survives the winter, is that a grass or bush?
I am happy that you are getting nice Autumn color, we still have another week or so before we hit the peak. The view from your house must be stunning.
How are the cards coming out so far for the kids?

@felis That would make me uncomfortable too, what happened on IG. I know you are careful. Please stay safe.

@tjscraps I scrolled to the bottom of this thread- Yes, they are real rats and I am shocked that they would be outlawed! Are hamsters and gerbils legal?
You have NO idea how lucky you are that I am on a time constraint or I would go on and on and on about how rats are actually perfect pets (other than their very short life spans of 2-3 years) hehe. They are amazing and sweet and smart. Love them!
Sorry that your IG attracted all of the creeps.

@Cherylndesigns You are so good about cleaning up your files, I still need to work on duplicates from when I transferred everything from the old drive to the new one.
I always worry a bit because Eva and I have a long history of being snarky with each other and I hope that people realize we actually really do like each other. But I know that you speak "sarcasm" too :)
Poor Adrienne- I would be so sad as well. Will the fam be able to come back to visit for the holidays at all? Or just heading up for her b-day?
I am not clicking that link to the pie place. Nuh-uh. I have gained so much weight in the last couple of months and if I look at that - I am gonna gain even more. *tries to stop drooling* Sounds incredible;

Eva- that comment made me laugh so much. How do we classify Braxton, pet or person?
FYI-Trina, Braxton is not a real skeleton, he is plastic :D:D:D

Hi, @scrap-genie !! Thank you for sharing my page. They were so little back then <3
Hope you are great!

Trina-- two of the rats are Brats, Evie and Imogene were dumped on the side of the road with the mom and hundreds of other small mammals, left to die. Cait adopted those two and they have some trauma leftover and they can be bratty on occasion.

Noooo!! Eva, yuck, snow! blech.
On that note, I am signing off. xoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Don't know why but I woke up at 4:30AM and couldn't fall back asleep. I had been dreaming that I was suppose to be traveling with a cousin but had forgotten to make reservations... crazy dream as I don't plan on flying any where. Woke up to see the bedroom was lighter than it should be for that time of night. Thought someone had turned a spotlight on outside only to look outside and see a bright FULL MOON shining down without a cloud in the sky. It was so bright, I think I could have read by it.

Managed to get a challenge page made and posted yesterday. Hope to get a couple more challenges done this week. But first I need to go to the grocery store as I haven't been out of the house for almost a week. Decided that the sneezing and runny nose was from allergies due to all the dust from the wind blowing this past week. The nasal spray and allergy medicine has helped alot. More wind is expected with mid-70's for highs. So should get the errands run while it is warm. Running out of flavored creamer and several other must-haves including fresh fruit and veggies ..... LOL ....

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@faerywings I'd say Braxton is your adopted son? Sorry, I forgot about the snake. No disrespect to the snake (only to ... that other thing with 8 legs - all disrespect to that one!)

Today, as I said, started with snow. I'm not feeling well today - not sure if life is catching up to me or what? But I realized to day, I've been a bit careless with my meditation routine, skipping days, and so. And when I sit - my brain isn't really cooperating. It's a sad truth, that the more stressed I am, the more I need my meditation, yet - when I'm stressed, I tend to "forget" about doing it. I've decided to sit down 2 (or maybe 3) times a day for the rest of the week, to get back into it. Usually, a 10-15 minute of mindful concentratio is what I need. I have no creative flow either. But I guess, that's just a symptom of everything else.

Dinner last night was great. A rich, spicy lentil/tomato sauce & pasta. Today - it's tofu day! Will need to go marinate it now, to give it a couple of hours to get some flavour in. Thinking lime & honey today. Then some veggies & walnuts in a wok & rice to serve. Good thing I always love cooking & eating - no matter how I feel. LOL

Think I'm going to FORCE myself to scrap after some meditation & marinating tofu.

tjscraps

We had municipal elections last night, which affects me as we are governed by a board that is publicly elected. We had some changes happen on the board so it'll be interesting to see which direction this new group of people takes us. I'm hopeful it'll be a good one!

Tonight is super busy - have kids they said, it'll be fun they said! :D I work until 4, and it's a 35 minute commute. The little one has dance at 5-5:30 and then back home to whip up supper and then virtual parent teacher conferences for both girls at 6 and 6:20. Then bed/bath routine with the little (the 13 year old doesn't need assistance with this except to be told to go to bed lol), I am hoping to just relax and hold the couch down after that.

@tanteva You beat us to winter! We haven't had snow yet, which is unusual for this time of year. It's pretty bleak and gross outside though, so might be coming soon. I don't hate it but don't love it, it just happens and then it's glorious spring lol

@faerywings I have never heard of someone having rats as pets, it's very interesting to me! We are allowed gerbils and hamsters, but not rats. Side note, my daughter's name is the same, just with a K instead of a C lol

@BrightEyes I hope you get some rest - 4:30 is EARLY. Hope you have fun grocery shopping (I actually mean that, I love going to the grocery store).

@tanteva I've never tried tofu! I'm a pretty sheltered eater (that's putting it nicely ... I'm picky as all get-out lol) Do you always have to marinate it?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! It is so foggy this morning! Like Pea Soup out there! Glad I don't have to be out in that! I do have to go to the Post Office later to mail a parcel to Isaac and Sadie. Only one more free shipping Tuesday after this one, so I hope to get some Christmas things in the mail. This one is Halloween things. I was busy yesterday finishing off treat bags and cards for the kids. Here are the ones I made for Mason and Hunter.
IMG-1699.jpg IMG-1700.jpg

It is our Daughter-In-Law Jackie's birthday today, so we will be face timing with her this evening. She is such an amazing Mom to Isaac and Sadie and has been a loving wife to our son Jason! They are so lucky to have her! I am hoping that once this fog lifts it will be a sunny day and I can get out for a bit of a walk. Our hike tomorrow is a bit of a drive but it looks like it will be a very wet one, sure hope the weather man is wrong!! I will have to put on all my rain gear :(.

@faerywings - Have to laugh at you and @tanteva you both speak sarcasm so well !! The Japanese Aurelia is a very large bush and it has grown to more than twice the size it was supposed to!! Ours was halfway up the front of the house. Way too tall!
Japanese_Aralia_BB_4_940x.jpeg

Thanks for reminding me that I have to make our flu shot appointments and check to see if DH's insurance covers the shingles shots. Hope so because they are expensive to get here! Do you have to pay for your shingles vaccines? Hope to hear soon about when we will be getting our Covid boosters too.

Kay - Sorry to hear that you woke up so very early! I was up for a pee break at 4am and noticed the moon was shining bright. I had no trouble getting back to sleep though. Hope you have a better rest tonight! Hope you get out to get your groceries today and glad that the nasal spray has worked well for you! It will be good to get out of the house for a bit!

@tanteva - Your dinner sounds so yummy, nice that you like to cook so much, me not so much especially when I am not feeling well! My DH did burgers on the BBQ last night, I love it when he is the cook! Hope you enjoy your first bit of snow, but like you say it probably won't last long and I hear ya about the gloomy grey dark days when there is no snow. My DH loves the snow, but only because then he gets to play with his new snowblower and blows off the neighbours driveways LOL. Hope you can get back into your meditation, at least you know what you need to to!

@tjscraps - sounds like you are a very busy Mom! I don't miss those days, but I was so much more organized when the kids were small and all had their activities to attend. Hope you get to relax a bit at the end of the day!

Ok I better get into the shower and get going on my day of nothingness, that will turn into another busy day of things that I have not planned to do o_O.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Dinner was a catastrophy ... LOL ... It's virtually IMPOSSIBLE to burn tofu ... but I'm a talented chef, I did it! LOL Forgot about the honey in the marinade - probably what got burned. Tofu went into the bin and all of a sudden I had made a wok with chickpeas, peas & peanuts for protein instead. LOL It was completely fine, but a bit of a bummer, since I was so set on tofu today.

And, yes - you have to marinate tofu. Tofu in itself taste absolutely NOTHING. It's a bit hard to really succeed with tofu, but once you read up on it and learn the tricks, it's great. But - having said that - if I wasn't a vegetarian, I really wouldn't bother. LOL

Trying to eat healthier (gained weight again, and my heart burn is back). Probably the reason I'm so grumpy - having sugar withdrawel. Why, why, WHY is it so hard to keep a healthy diet? I even love fruit & veggies. Love my healthy go-to snacks. Still, as soon as I try to eat "normal" instead of following a diet - I start eating like there's no tomorrow. Candy and crisp every effing day.

I confess: (don't tell Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I'm an idiot!

funny-cat-meme-about-diets-and-how-a-new-diet-may-not-be-as-good-as-some-older-diets.png

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all.

Wow, I don't know where to start. LOL I guess I'll start with "Yes, I speak fluent SARCASM". I even have the Tshirt to prove it. BWAHAHA When your 5 yo grandson looks at you and says "You're being sarcastic, aren't you, Cici?" ROTF You KNOW you're being too sarcastic.

Poor Trina @tjscraps - rats, skeletons, what else? I know there's more. I loved your comment about the kids. LMBO SO true! Oh BTW, I'm a skeleton lover too. I have a big one and a small one. Tex and Lex - Lex is a girl. (Chris helped me name her.) Tex has a cowboy had and a holster but I can't find any guns tiny enough. He NEEDS guns! I also collect anything with sugar skulls on it. Hahaha We're kind of a weird bunch, now that I'm writing this.

Chris @faerywings you kind of brushed over "mammo" - UGH did you have it already? I felt so bad for Adrienne, too. But she pulled herself up and has been doing well since Sunday night. I told her to give herself permission to cry all day Sunday if she felt like it then she'd feel better. She had to work on Monday morning, so she had to pull it together. She comes down every morning for a coffee break and she was great today.

I think she'll probably go by herself for Kinleigh's bd - January 29th. I don't know if Roger is going or not. They won't be back before that. I just don't feel comfortable getting on 2 airplanes yet. I hate to fly under normal conditions, but I'm still terrified of Covid, even with being vaccinated. When I DO get on a plane, it will be to Florida to see Steph and Asher. I won't spend all that money to go anyplace else. Allegiant Air JUST added a non-stop flight from XNA (Arkansas) to Punta Gorda (30 minutes from Ft. Myers)! I'm pretty excited about the non-stop part. Steph's in the medical field and she does not want me on a plane yet. They came here, you know, but there have been new break-outs since. She wants me staying home as much as possible. I'm hoping and praying that I can go after the first of the year.

Kay @BrightEyes boo for waking up early! My cat woke me up at 6 AM meowing at my bedroom window. He must have had a hot date last night, because he didn't come home. Little scoot, knows where we are in the house and he comes to the corresponding window.

Trudy @taxed4ever what cute Halloween cards. The boys will love them! I used to make the kids cards every Halloween. I loved the picture of your tree. SO pretty.

Eva @tanteva that meme was a hoot. If you find a diet that works, share it, please??? I actually like tofu. I wouldn't want a steady diet of it, but it kind of takes on the flavor of whatever you're eating it with.

Felis @felis I missed what happened on IG.

I'm going to close up here and rest my shoulder. It's getting so much better, but it starts barking when I type too much. I'm there. Hahaha

Waving to all.

felis

Chris, congratulations for being responsible and check off these adult tasks. I can't believe how fast the end of the year came and how many appointment and unpleasant task have to be done. "Make Appt'' is the most stressful part for me too (especially because here they have to be make via phone call almost for everything), so totally can understand your need of wondering and then rescheduled it.

Kay, hope that the shopping is went well!

Eva, oh, I'm feeling your pain! I'm struggle to improve my habits too, but refers to my sleep schedule. You probably know bunch of books like ''Atomic habits'' and also as a librarian you probably know where is the turn on button on these damn books, please give some advice why they don't doing anyting except colecting dust?!

Trudy, those cards for the kids are just so adorable! Another excellent project, bravo! Happy birthday and best wishes to Jackie!

Trina, oh, this is the kind of busy that everybody want! Actually it sounds me like a really lovely day! I already saw some photos at your gallery, and oh what a precious princesses you have!

Cheryl, totally agree! I just hate that part when families can't see each other so often like before. Also just this morning we was discussed the fly prices during Christmas and oh WOW they are SO expensive this year! One would assume that they will trying to compensate the outflow of customers with better prices, but no.

The weather today was so lovely, after so many rainy days, so it was impossible to not go out and cut and prepare my roses for the winter. In dry years they can bloom the whole October, but now most of them was lose their shape. Lot of my friends are busy to charge their greenhouses and polytunnels, but I'm just too lazy for winter gardener. It would be nice to put some new roses and spring flowers, but uhhh, I'm not sure did I'll can afford that, not in October with sure, but if the weather allows me, maybe the next month.

tjscraps

View attachment 360007 View attachment 360008

@tjscraps - sounds like you are a very busy Mom! I don't miss those days, but I was so much more organized when the kids were small and all had their activities to attend. Hope you get to relax a bit at the end of the day!
Those cards are ADORABLE! And yes, busy times here - finally sitting down to relax at 8 pm, I had to try and find winter gear for the kiddos after the rest of it was done, it has been cold out and they'll need toques, etc.

And, yes - you have to marinate tofu. Tofu in itself taste absolutely NOTHING. It's a bit hard to really succeed with tofu, but once you read up on it and learn the tricks, it's great. But - having said that - if I wasn't a vegetarian, I really wouldn't bother. LOL
Hahahaha - you aren't very convincing that I need to try it! lol! My late father was a butcher, owned a meat packing plant. I think he would be rolling in his urn if I decided to be vegetarian lol

Poor Trina @tjscraps - rats, skeletons, what else? I know there's more. I loved your comment about the kids. LMBO SO true! Oh BTW, I'm a skeleton lover too. I have a big one and a small one. Tex and Lex - Lex is a girl. (Chris helped me name her.) Tex has a cowboy had and a holster but I can't find any guns tiny enough. He NEEDS guns! I also collect anything with sugar skulls on it. Hahaha
Hahaha, I'm looking forward to learning more about all this! :)

Trina, oh, this is the kind of busy that everybody want! Actually it sounds me like a really lovely day! I already saw some photos at your gallery, and oh what a precious princesses you have!
Awww, thanks, they are both pretty special but I'm a little biased :) The little one was our big surprise (8 years between my girls) but she is a hoot and keeps us entertained. We would be so bored without her antics!