Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, May 7

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey O-zies! :waving1
It's kind of nice not having to rush out of the house this morning other than picking up groceries and going to the Pharmacy at 9. I am still adjusting to being out the door at 8 for work. My coffee cooled off before I got to the bottom of my mud today. :coffeedrinker:.
We all survived the field trip yesterday! There was a *slight* mix-up with the attendance- it was allll preschoolers. Lauren and I had 21 2-4 yos (parents and some baby siblings too). The other group was 12 5 yos-- which wasn't expected. they thought there would be more kids but older kids- the young elementary grades. The three hours they were there were more exhausting than the 5+ hour-long trips. But we did it, the kids had fun, and everyone made it back in one piece. If that doesn't say "success" nothing will. Hahahaha!! Afterward, we discussed what worked, what didn't, and how to schedule the day if we get another group in that age range. We ended up having way too much time at the end. The kids were pooping out and we were doing some field games and *we* were pooping out. We played Mother Nature Says (Simon Says) and I cracked that Mother Nature has better knees than I do :rotfl: The kids had us jumping and jumping and jumping...

It's nice and sunny today so maybe I can get out and do some more yard work. I'll have some "extra" time. Tomorrow's field trip must have gotten rescheduled b/c of the rain forecast since it's off the calendar. If the rain holds off or ends, we are doing a hike and bonfire with the homeschool kids in the afternoon *fingers crossed*
I'd love to get some seeds in the ground today. The weather looks like it won't get below 47* at night in the next 10 days so they should be safe to sow. May 15 is our last frost date so it is close enough.
I'm looking forward to dinner-- Scott is coming over, Tom is off, and Cait works remotely so I get them here at the table.
Oh, I have to ask him about Sam... she is usually off on Tuesdays. I have no idea if she is coming too. I hope so, I *love* having all of the kids here.

Maybe I don't have as much free time as I thought. :oops:

Sending everyone lots of love today!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Same here-- our septic isn't happy with the soggy weather, it is scheduled to be pumped on Friday.
I bet you are so excited to see the girls this weekend. How dressy is the banquet? Do you have a Met Gala-level outfit on hand? ;)
I have an AJ challenge to plan and I am stuck- did you get to work on yours for June?

@JeanneMN hahah! Your description of your garden and the willfulness of the different plants had me LMBO! Isn't that the way it goes? My friend across the street has honeysuckle and when the wind blows, I can smell it here.
Your hummingbird burnt syrup-- that sounds like something I would do. *taps forehead* Things go in and out faster than I can hold onto them. Does that sound familiar? :D
How was baseball and the concert? More bleacher butt?
My throat is so scratchy from the pollen but I looooove all of the green ♥

I raked the leaves where I saw TJ often last year and no sign of him yet :(

@MariJ Good Mornevening is a good way to phrase it!
I am making ATC cards for Mother's Day/Father's Day/ anniversary/b-day gifts for the family party in May. I am trying to find quotes about sweetness and will attach the ATC to a baggie of Hershey Kisses. If you have any advice on how to make them or any quotes-- I am all ears!

@BrightEyes :jawdrop2:
That's a lot of stamp sets!!! Good to hear that you are going to take a break to do some scrapping and then go back to the stamps when you are ready.

@taxed4ever Things must be wrapping up for the ILs since we've seen you a few times this week, yay! :) When is the closing set for? Another week or so?
The hike tomorrow sounds wonderful- will you see the seals? Hope so!
My azalea is blooming-- even the one everyone thought was dead and laughed at me for not ripping out. My rhodo isn't ready yet but probably be very soon :love:
Are the boys finishing up the school year soon or do they go until June?

@Cherylndesigns great advice for @MariJ about the challenges. Marilyn-- if you are ever unsure about the challenge requirements, just ask. Whoever is hosting will be more than happy to help out. PS: The Weekly AJ Challenges would be perfect for ATCs ;)

Cheryl-- you are sooooo close to getting to the right temps. You know we are all going to be cheering when you can get the bench put together. dance4

@mimes1 Amy- isn't that awesome how chatting here can inspire you in a different way? We've shared books, TV shows, recipes. I even bought a set of sheets on Kay's recommendation and love them LOL!
You think you come here to talk about scrapping... but nope - we talk about *everything!!* :floorlaugh:
Fantastic news about Mark's shoulder strength coming back!
Hope you settled in and scrapped the rest of the afternoon yesterday.

@bitzi We say we are the O-Fam and we truly are. So glad that you are part of it!

@Terri M My knees hurt just thinking about biking that many miles. My butt too! Glad that the rain has been manageable. Reading by the fireplace sounds like an awesome end to the day ♥

time to fly--- :dancingbfly:

Muah!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@faerywings Good morning! I just jumped in to say how much I am in awe of you planning to do yard work today after jumping and playing with dozens of pre-schoolers all day yesterday? :bowdown3: You must have super knees! :D Go, Chris!!
Diane, I appreciate it! I even worked outside for an hour yesterday after I got home.

I am watching the Bon Jovi documentary right now and I am 1. In AWE of how JBJ keeps up at 60! and 2. Totally relate to him on a lower level- In one scene after rehearsal he lies on the floor and doesn't look like he can move -- I felt that! LOL!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hey O-zies! :waving1
It's kind of nice not having to rush out of the house this morning other than picking up groceries and going to the Pharmacy at 9. I am still adjusting to being out the door at 8 for work. My coffee cooled off before I got to the bottom of my mud today. :coffeedrinker:.
We all survived the field trip yesterday! There was a *slight* mix-up with the attendance- it was allll preschoolers. Lauren and I had 21 2-4 yos (parents and some baby siblings too). The other group was 12 5 yos-- which wasn't expected. they thought there would be more kids but older kids- the young elementary grades. The three hours they were there were more exhausting than the 5+ hour-long trips. But we did it, the kids had fun, and everyone made it back in one piece. If that doesn't say "success" nothing will. Hahahaha!! Afterward, we discussed what worked, what didn't, and how to schedule the day if we get another group in that age range. We ended up having way too much time at the end. The kids were pooping out and we were doing some field games and *we* were pooping out. We played Mother Nature Says (Simon Says) and I cracked that Mother Nature has better knees than I do :rotfl: The kids had us jumping and jumping and jumping...

It's nice and sunny today so maybe I can get out and do some more yard work. I'll have some "extra" time. Tomorrow's field trip must have gotten rescheduled b/c of the rain forecast since it's off the calendar. If the rain holds off or ends, we are doing a hike and bonfire with the homeschool kids in the afternoon *fingers crossed*
I'd love to get some seeds in the ground today. The weather looks like it won't get below 47* at night in the next 10 days so they should be safe to sow. May 15 is our last frost date so it is close enough.
I'm looking forward to dinner-- Scott is coming over, Tom is off, and Cait works remotely so I get them here at the table.
Oh, I have to ask him about Sam... she is usually off on Tuesdays. I have no idea if she is coming too. I hope so, I *love* having all of the kids here.

Maybe I don't have as much free time as I thought. :oops:

Sending everyone lots of love today!
YAY! Sounds like yesterday was a success, all in all! That's great! Three hours is a LONG time to keep little ones occupied, LOL!
Have fun with your family tonight! I love it when all of my kids get to be all in the same place at one time which only happens once or twice a year! June 1st is our summer get together! Can't wait!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Same here-- our septic isn't happy with the soggy weather, it is scheduled to be pumped on Friday.
I bet you are so excited to see the girls this weekend. How dressy is the banquet? Do you have a Met Gala-level outfit on hand? ;)
I have an AJ challenge to plan and I am stuck- did you get to work on yours for June?

@JeanneMN hahah! Your description of your garden and the willfulness of the different plants had me LMBO! Isn't that the way it goes? My friend across the street has honeysuckle and when the wind blows, I can smell it here.
Your hummingbird burnt syrup-- that sounds like something I would do. *taps forehead* Things go in and out faster than I can hold onto them. Does that sound familiar? :D
How was baseball and the concert? More bleacher butt?
My throat is so scratchy from the pollen but I looooove all of the green ♥

I raked the leaves where I saw TJ often last year and no sign of him yet :(

@MariJ Good Mornevening is a good way to phrase it!
I am making ATC cards for Mother's Day/Father's Day/ anniversary/b-day gifts for the family party in May. I am trying to find quotes about sweetness and will attach the ATC to a baggie of Hershey Kisses. If you have any advice on how to make them or any quotes-- I am all ears!

@BrightEyes :jawdrop2:
That's a lot of stamp sets!!! Good to hear that you are going to take a break to do some scrapping and then go back to the stamps when you are ready.

@taxed4ever Things must be wrapping up for the ILs since we've seen you a few times this week, yay! :) When is the closing set for? Another week or so?
The hike tomorrow sounds wonderful- will you see the seals? Hope so!
My azalea is blooming-- even the one everyone thought was dead and laughed at me for not ripping out. My rhodo isn't ready yet but probably be very soon :love:
Are the boys finishing up the school year soon or do they go until June?

@Cherylndesigns great advice for @MariJ about the challenges. Marilyn-- if you are ever unsure about the challenge requirements, just ask. Whoever is hosting will be more than happy to help out. PS: The Weekly AJ Challenges would be perfect for ATCs ;)

Cheryl-- you are sooooo close to getting to the right temps. You know we are all going to be cheering when you can get the bench put together. dance4

@mimes1 Amy- isn't that awesome how chatting here can inspire you in a different way? We've shared books, TV shows, recipes. I even bought a set of sheets on Kay's recommendation and love them LOL!
You think you come here to talk about scrapping... but nope - we talk about *everything!!* :floorlaugh:
Fantastic news about Mark's shoulder strength coming back!
Hope you settled in and scrapped the rest of the afternoon yesterday.

@bitzi We say we are the O-Fam and we truly are. So glad that you are part of it!

@Terri M My knees hurt just thinking about biking that many miles. My butt too! Glad that the rain has been manageable. Reading by the fireplace sounds like an awesome end to the day ♥

time to fly--- :dancingbfly:

Muah!
I do have a Met Gala dress that will work, if Met Gala means what I think it means! I'll have to look it up! I'm not a Fashionista, LOL! I can't wait to be with my girls!
No, I didn't even think about my June challenge yesterday, LOL! I've got April's Monthly Review to do and then I can work on it! That's kinda the plan anyway! Don't hold me to it! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning to All!
Looks like rain in the forecast for all week! Mark may be down to his skivvies by the end of the week, LOL! There was a break in the rain yesterday when the sun came out. I took the advantage to walk at the track but only did a mile because it was so hot and muggy! My body can't tolerate the heat. I don't sweat much and so my body overheats. I inherited that from my dad. But at least I got a mile in! That's better than nothing! I'm getting ready to go to the grocery store and walk while I'm out before the rain starts.

Mark wanted to do lunch again yesterday, so I did my walk after that. Then came back to the house to get some scrapping caught up on. I worked on my Monthly Review for March. It usually takes me several hours to work on those. I first of all have to decide what pictures I want to use from the 100's I take during the month! I have to decide which one I want to make the focal image. Then I have to decide what kit to use. I don't like any of the Reviews I've done this year. But, oh well!

OK, gotta get moving!
Have a great day!

MariJ

Good Mornevening is a good way to phrase it!

...about the challenges. Marilyn-- if you are ever unsure about the challenge requirements, just ask. Whoever is hosting will be more than happy to help out. PS: The Weekly AJ Challenges would be perfect for ATCs ;)
Thanks for your thoughts and advice, much appreciated. I'm finding I'm still a bit overwhelmed with trying to get scrapping supplies organized and navigating new Forums after being so used to ScrapGirls. But, it's always good to learn new things. And, honestly? Any question I've asked here has been quickly and kindly answered, sometimes by a few people. I do feel welcome... And, I've discovered the Daily O's is a nice place to visit each morning.

I will check out the AJ Challenges, if I'm correct I saw there was a template you could use for the four weeks and post as you go? I did download that but have not found scrapping time yet. But doing ATC's is a great idea and feels more manageable right now.

I'm off to start my day, another busy one but supposed to climb to 80º. Two days ago I had on fleece pants and sweatshirt with a turtleneck underneath, crazy weather! :cool:

@faerywings

bitzee

. . . I am watching the Bon Jovi documentary right now and I am 1. In AWE of how JBJ keeps up at 60! and 2. Totally relate to him on a lower level- In one scene after rehearsal he lies on the floor and doesn't look like he can move -- I felt that! LOL!
Last time I saw Bon Jovi he still had it and was aging well. He isn't trying to look younger than he is and seems so down-to-earth. I can certainly relate to lying on the floor and not being able to move. After crawling around in my garden my knees scream, "Act your age, stupid!!" Sometimes the spirit is willing but the body has other ideas. And I am NOT liking those other ideas ;)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all... I was getting used to the warmer temps but then the heat came on a few minutes ago.... it was only 45* outside and 65* inside! Glad I have not switched the heat off! So my shower will have to wait until it gets a bit warmer. The pollen counts are really high and the winds will be blowing most of this week, so not opening the house up. Looks like I will have to take some allergy meds after all. @MariJ I hear you about not knowing what to wear - from fleece sweats to summer wear in just a few days. Will be putting on long pants, tee-shirt then adding a button-up fleece sweatshirt today - 2 days ago I was wearing summer clothes!!

I did manage to get a challenge LO made and posted yesterday. Feel like I am way behind already this month. Have a couple of ideas for a few of them... just have to decide what kits I want to use.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Its going to be a stellar day here today! Yesterday it was windy all day long, but I guess it was blowing in this beautiful day for us to enjoy! I will be going out for a nice long walk in a bit and then running to the grocery store again. I always forget to get something at the store :sad2:. I am going to try to work on my painting again today, yesterday was spent cleaning and getting purging my closet, I have a big bag of clothes to go to Diabetes Canada. I schedule a pickup from them online yesterday, but looks like it won't be until the end of the month. That gives my DH time to go through his side of the closet and purge too.

@faerywings - What a great time you must have had with all those littles yesterday! You worked in the garden afterwards too, thats awesome! Yes things are moving along great with the In-Laws move! This weekend my Gary and I will be going to see them and get things transferred over to the address, most can be done online thank goodness. I have been conversing with the insurance company and getting info for them about the new house and so that is all done as FIL/MIL signed the papers yesterday. The last week of the month will be busy for SIL Linda and I as we head up to the property for three days to get the rest of the house packed up. I know that MIL will have a hard time getting her kitchen all packed away and I bet there will be many tears, sometimes we wonder if we have done the right thing, but its better than them going into a Care Home right?? Yes Heather's boys and our son Jason's children all go to school until the end of June, then the busy summer for them all. Isaac will be traveling to Japan with his other Grandparents, then Sadie will go somewhere with them at a later date. She has to decide where it is she would like to go. Lucky kids!! Not sure if anyone is coming home this summer, its just been to crazy to even think about that right now.

@vickyday - Had to LOL at the Met Gala link you posted, what a crazy waste of money!! I can just see you all wrapped up in some foolish looking fashion :giggle4: NOT!!! I am all in for the arts but really a dress made out of sand??? Oh well what do I know?? I am like you and don't do heat, especially humid heat very well. Good for you for getting some walking in though. Hope that you can get inspired to work on some scrapping today!

@BrightEyes - Yup weather has been crazy here too, yesterday felt like it could snow and now today we are headed into summer temps :crazy:.

@FloridaGranny & @bitzee - Nice to see you here in the Daily O's hope you both have a lovely day!

@MariJ - Hope you have fun with the AJ Challenge, the template is really very helpful for the 4 weeks of journaling!

Ok I gotta run and have my shower and get on with the day! :showering:. Have a wonderful day everyone:waving3:

AK_Tracy

Yesterday was a day and I feel like I missed sooooo much not being here!!! @faerywings I dont know HOW you did yesterday. All those little kids and for hours at a time. Oh my! I am not a little kid person so I would have gone crazy.

I am laughing so much at @vickyday and the dresses. The one in the video where she could't even take the stairs. Why would you wear such a restrictive dress. And they were just ugly too. I bet your dress will be amazing and beautiful.

I am loving how all us displaced scrap girls are fitting in so beautifully here. And all the warm hugs of welcome and help. Truly amazing.

Today is recovery day. Spent all day yesterday in the car. Drove over 350 miles. Long day. The sun is out though so I will get to sit outside this afternoon. Its currently 36 but should get up to 52 today. But on my protected area of the porch it will be 70 so I am looking forward to porch sitting with a good book. The lake is finally thawed. Might be able to take the dogs swimming and wear them out. My goal for today is to not spend more money in the shop (haha we shall see, I have a coupon) and to scrap the 4th challenge page, or is it the 5th. Anyway, spreading out my challenge pages so I want to do the next one today.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Its going to be a stellar day here today! Yesterday it was windy all day long, but I guess it was blowing in this beautiful day for us to enjoy! I will be going out for a nice long walk in a bit and then running to the grocery store again. I always forget to get something at the store :sad2:. I am going to try to work on my painting again today, yesterday was spent cleaning and getting purging my closet, I have a big bag of clothes to go to Diabetes Canada. I schedule a pickup from them online yesterday, but looks like it won't be until the end of the month. That gives my DH time to go through his side of the closet and purge too.

@faerywings - What a great time you must have had with all those littles yesterday! You worked in the garden afterwards too, thats awesome! Yes things are moving along great with the In-Laws move! This weekend my Gary and I will be going to see them and get things transferred over to the address, most can be done online thank goodness. I have been conversing with the insurance company and getting info for them about the new house and so that is all done as FIL/MIL signed the papers yesterday. The last week of the month will be busy for SIL Linda and I as we head up to the property for three days to get the rest of the house packed up. I know that MIL will have a hard time getting her kitchen all packed away and I bet there will be many tears, sometimes we wonder if we have done the right thing, but its better than them going into a Care Home right?? Yes Heather's boys and our son Jason's children all go to school until the end of June, then the busy summer for them all. Isaac will be traveling to Japan with his other Grandparents, then Sadie will go somewhere with them at a later date. She has to decide where it is she would like to go. Lucky kids!! Not sure if anyone is coming home this summer, its just been to crazy to even think about that right now.

@vickyday - Had to LOL at the Met Gala link you posted, what a crazy waste of money!! I can just see you all wrapped up in some foolish looking fashion :giggle4: NOT!!! I am all in for the arts but really a dress made out of sand??? Oh well what do I know?? I am like you and don't do heat, especially humid heat very well. Good for you for getting some walking in though. Hope that you can get inspired to work on some scrapping today!

@BrightEyes - Yup weather has been crazy here too, yesterday felt like it could snow and now today we are headed into summer temps :crazy:.

@FloridaGranny & @bitzee - Nice to see you here in the Daily O's hope you both have a lovely day!

@MariJ - Hope you have fun with the AJ Challenge, the template is really very helpful for the 4 weeks of journaling!

Ok I gotta run and have my shower and get on with the day! :showering:. Have a wonderful day everyone:waving3:
I'm bad about forgetting things at the grocery store or when I order online. It's aggravating, isn't it?!
Yes, I laughed when I saw those Met Gala outfits! What in the world??.....that's what I thought! And what a waste of money, indeed! And to show you how much of a Met Gala Fashionista I am, here was my first thought of the dress I would wear:
DSCN0195.jpg

Probably a little too conservative for such an event, but for the Mother/Daughter Banquet at church.....just right! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Yesterday was a day and I feel like I missed sooooo much not being here!!! @faerywings I dont know HOW you did yesterday. All those little kids and for hours at a time. Oh my! I am not a little kid person so I would have gone crazy.

I am laughing so much at @vickyday and the dresses. The one in the video where she could't even take the stairs. Why would you wear such a restrictive dress. And they were just ugly too. I bet your dress will be amazing and beautiful.

I am loving how all us displaced scrap girls are fitting in so beautifully here. And all the warm hugs of welcome and help. Truly amazing.

Today is recovery day. Spent all day yesterday in the car. Drove over 350 miles. Long day. The sun is out though so I will get to sit outside this afternoon. Its currently 36 but should get up to 52 today. But on my protected area of the porch it will be 70 so I am looking forward to porch sitting with a good book. The lake is finally thawed. Might be able to take the dogs swimming and wear them out. My goal for today is to not spend more money in the shop (haha we shall see, I have a coupon) and to scrap the 4th challenge page, or is it the 5th. Anyway, spreading out my challenge pages so I want to do the next one today.
And we LOVE having all you displaced SGs here as well! :heartpumplove:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'm off to mexican train dominos with the group at lunch today and then we go to pub night with the group. We heard that our area has more expensive dental costs (Okotoks is mostly a middle to higher income bedroom community where most services are a bit higher, our taxes are expensive here). We are going to check out the little town 15 min away as we hear their dental clinic is great and if cheaper, then definitely worth the bit of a drive.

I played mahjong last night without any help at our last training session and feel ready to join the Thurs afternoon club, so I'll start playing there on Thurs afternoon. I think Mahjong is my fave game now. The more I play the more I am hooked on it.

My online presence and scrapping is definitely suffering b/c of my busier social life but that is a good thing and I think that with time I will find a balance and make sure I can enjoy it all.

I am thrilled that some of my SG friends have come over here and it'll be fun to see them participating in the challenges and filling up the gallery. I'm sad that SG closed but happy to have many join us here.

I'd better get dressed, I need to get going soon. I am still in my jammies :) HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

Rough night - we had severe thunderstorms again all evening and then a tornado went right over us! Ava called me about 2 AM because the alert signals were going off on her phone! There were tornadoes spotted right over us, but fortunately they didn't touch down here (at least as far as we know). I'm sure we'll see if there were any trees knocked down on the property. A bad tornado did hit a community about an hour and a half northwest of us and did terrible damage! That has to be the worst when they hit in the middle of the night! I can't sleep when it's storming, so I didn't get to sleep until after 3 AM. (Ava flipped on her TV as soon as the signal went off on her phone and it was directly over us! That's when she called me because she knows I can't sleep when it's storming.

Chris @faerywings you had a stellar day yesterday - first with the kiddoes then yard work. I'm getting beyond anxious to get my bench and totem put together! The totem doesn't just stick down into the ground, it has to be glued to a base. Oh, I might have found a solution to the dog hogging the bed problem. Last night I put a two pillows length-wise on the bed and by golly Daisy stayed on "her" part of the bed. This morning, she was laying with her paws on top, looking at me, but she stayed on her side of the pillows. I used to do that when the gk's slept with me and I had a brainstorm that if it worked for them, it might work for Daisy. It did last night, so we'll see. I've been making her sleep on the couch and she hates it, so maybe she's figured out that she needs to give me my space if she's going to sleep with me. I don't ever make her sleep out there if it's storming though.

The new AJ Challenge will be posted on May 11th (Saturday night) and I still don't have my sample layout done either, Chris @faerywings I worked on it last night but it's not ready for prime time yet. LOL I hope some of you girls can play along - we're only on week 1 until Saturday night, so you have plenty of time to catch up. That template is a wonderful way to "ease into it". You can take it in small bites. Also, Marilyn, @MariJ you could totally create an ATC, like Chris @faerywings suggested. We accept any kind of "art" for these challenges. Our Word Prompt for May is RENEW.

Vicky @vickyday you look beautiful in that dress! Some of those Met Gala dresses are just stupid in my opinion! They spend (I don't even want to know how much) just making spectacles of themselves. That's a classy and wonderful event and some of them have turned it into a circus like so many other things these days. Rant over. :soapbox: Anyway. you look gorgeous and that dress is perfect!

On that note, I'll bid you all ado. HAGD.
XOXO

AK_Tracy

I love the dress you picked @vickyday! You look so much prettier than any of those clowns in the link you shared. Its a beautiful dress. @Cherylndesigns I'm sorry about all the storms and that they keep you awake. That's never fun. The dog hogging the bed though made me giggle. That is the only reason the big dogs aren't allowed on the furniture. We knew they would take over and we would be on the floor :floorlaugh: :couchhide:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I love the dress you picked @vickyday! You look so much prettier than any of those clowns in the link you shared. Its a beautiful dress. @Cherylndesigns I'm sorry about all the storms and that they keep you awake. That's never fun. The dog hogging the bed though made me giggle. That is the only reason the big dogs aren't allowed on the furniture. We knew they would take over and we would be on the floor :floorlaugh: :couchhide:
Well, Tracy, never say never. I said I'd never let a dog sleep with me, too. She's been grieving too and has been so strange since my husband passed away. She's turned into a "velcro dog" and just sits/stands and watches me all the time. It's kind of nerve wracking at times. If I stop walking, I step on her toes - she's that close behind my feet. I've recently met a woman who inherited her son's dog when he passed away recently. "His" dog acts the same way. She has an interesting theory. She thinks that perhaps they think that we're going to disappear, too. I think that makes a lot of sense. Some nights I make her sleep on the couch and she looks so pathetic. She's about 50 pounds, so she's not little. The pillow between us really helped last night so I hope I've found a solution. So, I said "never" and now I'm doing it. :giggle4::giggle4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon.

Rough night - we had severe thunderstorms again all evening and then a tornado went right over us! Ava called me about 2 AM because the alert signals were going off on her phone! There were tornadoes spotted right over us, but fortunately they didn't touch down here (at least as far as we know). I'm sure we'll see if there were any trees knocked down on the property. A bad tornado did hit a community about an hour and a half northwest of us and did terrible damage! That has to be the worst when they hit in the middle of the night! I can't sleep when it's storming, so I didn't get to sleep until after 3 AM. (Ava flipped on her TV as soon as the signal went off on her phone and it was directly over us! That's when she called me because she knows I can't sleep when it's storming.

Chris @faerywings you had a stellar day yesterday - first with the kiddoes then yard work. I'm getting beyond anxious to get my bench and totem put together! The totem doesn't just stick down into the ground, it has to be glued to a base. Oh, I might have found a solution to the dog hogging the bed problem. Last night I put a two pillows length-wise on the bed and by golly Daisy stayed on "her" part of the bed. This morning, she was laying with her paws on top, looking at me, but she stayed on her side of the pillows. I used to do that when the gk's slept with me and I had a brainstorm that if it worked for them, it might work for Daisy. It did last night, so we'll see. I've been making her sleep on the couch and she hates it, so maybe she's figured out that she needs to give me my space if she's going to sleep with me. I don't ever make her sleep out there if it's storming though.

The new AJ Challenge will be posted on May 11th (Saturday night) and I still don't have my sample layout done either, Chris @faerywings I worked on it last night but it's not ready for prime time yet. LOL I hope some of you girls can play along - we're only on week 1 until Saturday night, so you have plenty of time to catch up. That template is a wonderful way to "ease into it". You can take it in small bites. Also, Marilyn, @MariJ you could totally create an ATC, like Chris @faerywings suggested. We accept any kind of "art" for these challenges. Our Word Prompt for May is RENEW.

Vicky @vickyday you look beautiful in that dress! Some of those Met Gala dresses are just stupid in my opinion! They spend (I don't even want to know how much) just making spectacles of themselves. That's a classy and wonderful event and some of them have turned it into a circus like so many other things these days. Rant over. :soapbox: Anyway. you look gorgeous and that dress is perfect!

On that note, I'll bid you all ado. HAGD.
XOXO
WOW! So thankful that tornado stayed in the sky above you instead of touching down! I've lived through a tornado. They are not fun!
That dress is what got Mark's attention before we were a thing, LOL! He called me "the woman in black" LOL!

AK_Tracy

Well, Tracy, never say never. I said I'd never let a dog sleep with me, too. She's been grieving too and has been so strange since my husband passed away. She's turned into a "velcro dog" and just sits/stands and watches me all the time. It's kind of nerve wracking at times. If I stop walking, I step on her toes - she's that close behind my feet. I've recently met a woman who inherited her son's dog when he passed away recently. "His" dog acts the same way. She has an interesting theory. She thinks that perhaps they think that we're going to disappear, too. I think that makes a lot of sense. Some nights I make her sleep on the couch and she looks so pathetic. She's about 50 pounds, so she's not little. The pillow between us really helped last night so I hope I've found a solution. So, I said "never" and now I'm doing it. :giggle4::giggle4:
Yes, in your place I would so have all the dogs in bed with me. Its crazy how attached they get to us. When hubs go on trips and his dog doesn't get to go, she mopes and sulks horribly. Its sweet but not. And when I leave, poor hub has to deal with my whiny panicked dog. She's so horrible. I would allow them on the furniture but was told no. So I dont. They are 55-65 lbs so I get it. Hopefully she calms down and your able to not be watched all the time. :heartpumppink: The theory makes a lot of sense too that they might think were going to disappear too.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Thank you, Tracy!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
WOW! So thankful that tornado stayed in the sky above you instead of touching down! I've lived through a tornado. They are not fun!
That dress is what got Mark's attention before we were a thing, LOL! He called me "the woman in black" LOL!
I wasn't surprised that we had a tornado overhead. Daisy wanted to go out and against my better judgement, I let her out. The wind about blew the French door out of my hand and I heard a howling in the woods behind the house. I got her back in so fast. It was too close for comfort.

No wonder you got Mark's attention in that dress!! I love black dresses and yours is a stunner.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yes, in your place I would so have all the dogs in bed with me. Its crazy how attached they get to us. When hubs go on trips and his dog doesn't get to go, she mopes and sulks horribly. Its sweet but not. And when I leave, poor hub has to deal with my whiny panicked dog. She's so horrible. I would allow them on the furniture but was told no. So I dont. They are 55-65 lbs so I get it. Hopefully she calms down and your able to not be watched all the time. :heartpumppink: The theory makes a lot of sense too that they might think were going to disappear too.
Oh my gosh when the woman told me that, it was like a lightbulb went off in my head Chuck has been such a big part of her life since we got her almost 8 years ago. I know she's terribly confused and even the cat was weird for awhile (well, cats are always weird) but he was going all around the house "looking" for Chuck. It was obvious that he was and Chuck was "his person".

I've never tried to keep our dogs off the furniture, but I know lots of people who do. It's pretty futile and we've had some big dogs. We had one dog that weighed 125 pounds. He was Chuck's dog, too. I get it about "his and her dogs". Poor things they depend on us for everything.