Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, July 30

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
10212071.png

Yeah, baby!! I did it! I survived, I didn't hurt myself, and I am ready to go back to work today! *fist pump*
(Confession: I do hurt but not from work. I have had a stupid knot in my back in a place I can't reach for a couple of weeks now. Grr.)
Even though I worked 8 hours, it didn't feel like a long day at all. It was great, the kids were fun, and the weather was perfect. It looked like it was going to rain when I got to work but by 9 am, it was clearing up. We hiked to the stream, I led a little game about macroinvertebrates and then the kids splashed in the stream. There's not much in there to find but we saw a bunch of frogs, some newts, and even a few tiny crayfish.
They played for almost an hour in the Hamlet-- a clearing(ish) in the woods. I was expecting them to be crazy but they were surprisingly organized and behaved. They were building shelters and had "communities." One kid set up a "store" to sell supplies to the other kids.

I am back at Weis today, this time I am helping with a Field Trip for a group in a Spec Ed class. I didn't work with many developmentally delayed kids so I'm looking forward to picking up some new tips and ideas.

Tonight we are heading to my next-door neighbors for dinner and drinks which should be a lot of fun too. I am glad that I am not working tomorrow :p

Hugs!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Well, it is raining again, so no walking for me this morning. Still not complaining. I'm feeling in a rainy mood today, LOL! No plans but to chill and do some more scrapping. Yesterday I did a page from the CP collection that I need to post today. But, looking at it with fresh eyes this morning, I don't like it, so I may re-work it first.
Going this afternoon to look at a recliner that is on FB marketplace. I hope it has stopped raining by that time!
Yipppeeee for some more rain! Did you end up reworking your LO? I did 3 CP pages but only posted two of them. One needs some more work IMO but when I shared it in the prerelease three, the designer liked it. I'm not sure.
Don't you hate when that happens? LOL!

Good Monday Morning everyone! Guess what??? Its finally raining here!! :yesss: not sure if we will get a huge amount of rain, but its supposed to rain most of the day and into tomorrow. Hooray!!
AWE----SOME!!! *doing a happy rain dance for you* :girldance:
Normally I would be getting excited for the kids to all be coming out this way for a few weeks, but sadly that is not happening this year :sad2:. I will have to wait now until Christmas to see everyone in person again. I am sure the months will fly by and I will be scrambling to get my calendar done and get gifts sent out for everyone, just like every year
I'm sorry that you won't get to see the kids this summer but I feel it in my gut -- Christmas is going to be here before we know it. (that feeling in my gut might be ajita.... and a dash of nerves. hee hee!)

Hope that your Gary cooks something yummy for your dinner tonight!
I forgot to let him know he was on dinner duty but we had enough leftovers to scrap together. Whew!
Tomorrow we will be picking up DD#3 - then going over to visit with our cousin who lives up near DD#3. Sis will be staying until Wed or Thurs. So I will not be popping in here except to check on my challenge. Hope you all have a wonderful day/week.
Have a fabulous time!!

This girl is paying big time but what a blast we had fishing yesterday in the rain. Was worth it until I realize I have to do laundry today.
What a cute photo! You're brave in the water that deep. I'd be knocked over like a bowling ball within seconds.
Good luck with the laundry. (PU!!)

@Cherylndesigns Please tell Aly we said happy birthday too!
Yeah, it's crazy that I am starting to like tofu. Tom's tofu press makes such a huge difference in getting the water out so it isn't squishy. :pokestick:
When will Alyssa have to make a final decision about the Marines? Although, like you said if she is starting laser tattoo removal, that's a big sign. I have heard that is painful and expensive.
Hair wash/cap?????:spinningchair:
Is that an actual question??????
Cap!
Good afternoon ladies. I was out with Remi this morning and then came home to watch videos on Yellowstone Park. That is where we will do a road trip late next spring. I am debating whether we might want to buy a small travel trailer or do hotels along the way. Lots of time to think about it so no rash decisions will be made.
That sounds so interesting! How far are you from there?

@JeanneMN Happy anniversary!!! Enjoy your lazy vacation time! And the margaritas!

@AK_Tracy hope that power is back on by now!

:hug4:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... its another very grey and drizzly day :dancing6:who would have thought I would be so happy to have wet weather?? The plants are very happy and the lawns are all ready starting to look a bit better also. The air smells fresh and the temps are nice and mild. Watching the Olympics and so proud of our Canadian Athletes (except of course the scandal with the soccer team). How unfair for the team to have coaches who are willing to cheat :spanking: shame on them!! Keeping an eye on our ladies lightweight doubles sculls who have made it to the semi-finals. The woman in the front is the person who was almost a renter of ours and she is such a great athlete!! We have been watching them train here on our lake occasionally, but they have been in Italy and other places getting ready for the Olympics. I sadly did not get any scrapping done yesterday, it was one of those days where I flitted from one project to another and never got anything completed. I ended up going for a nice walk just to clear the cobwebs from my head. Today I need to get some baking done for my Gary's lunches and I will try to finish off what I started yesterday I need to be more focused!! Tomorrow is hike day and it should be a nice one that isn't too difficult. It is supposed to get back to sunny weather and warmer temps tomorrow. Perhaps SIL and I will be able to get out in the Kayaks on Thursday.

Yeah, baby!! I did it! I survived, I didn't hurt myself, and I am ready to go back to work today! *fist pump*
So glad that you had such a fun work day!!! Hope today will be fun too! You certainly have found the perfect job for yourself!! Enjoy your night out with the neighbours!

@AK_Tracy - Love the photo of you fishing!! You would love the Cowichan River here where we live, lots of fly fishing spots!!

@Cherylndesigns - Please say Happy Birthday to Aly from me also!! Did you manage to get your hair shampooed yesterday?

@BrightEyes - Enjoy your time with family!

@bcgal00 - YellowStone is a place I have always wanted to see, we should have gone when we lived all those years in Saskatchewan, but it never happened. I know you will have a great trip!

Ok off I go to the shower and then get my morning things done before Heather calls, then I need to do a few month end things here too (I almost forgot that I had to do that ):giggle4:. Have a great day everyone! :cowwaving:

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Ladies!
Its a grey day and rain and thankfully the winds stopped. Had about 6 hours without power yesterday so my laundry was delayed. Tried to dry what was washed (thankfully had just finished when power went out) and it kept blowing things off the line. Had to chase down my bed sheet.

WOOT WOOT!! Yeah for a good day at work and not getting hurt!!!!

@AK_Tracy - Love the photo of you fishing!! You would love the Cowichan River here where we live, lots of fly fishing spots!!
I've never tried fly fishing. Its beautiful though to watch them fling the line and so graceful. I hope the weather gets better tomorrow and you can go out on the lake.

Got a bunch of LO done yesterday but not posted here as they were 99% photos and looked goofy with "fish" all over them. I tried but they weren't worth showing if you couldn't see the photos. But I do have a few more photos from Sunday and those will be better for showing here. I dont know if I snored last night or am getting sick but the pollen has been high too so who knows but the snot and sore throat aren't so fun this morning. I feel fine otherwise. Not rundown. Thinking snore/pollen.

Off for more coffee. Have a wonderful day!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Went to the dog park at 8:30 before it started getting too hot. Remi is now sleeping peacefully under my desk.

The contractor will be by later this morning to make sure all final things are completed, there were just a few little things we wanted redone. Then we'll have the yard and deck to ourselves. I'm not going to say they did a top notch job but they did ok. The design is wonderful, its just that some of the work is a bit sloppy b/c of the kids working for the company that don't have the experience the older ones have. Seems like all the companies out here hire kids to help out b/c the demand for contractors here is crazy busy, they can't keep up. It sure is a lucrative business for them. Our guy says he is booked solid for the next 6-8 months with maybe a few days here and there to squeeze a few little jobs in. Then over the winter they will line up jobs for all of next year. Hopefully we won't need any more work done for quite some time (fingers crossed).

We aren't doing big b-day gifts anymore but I did get D a small gift for his b-day today. I got him a black tee that says dogfather on it (instead of godfather) and it has a white paw print underneath. So cute.

We'll be off to play euchre this afternoon and then will BBQ later.

@faerywings Your job sounds perfect for you. Yellowstone will be about 8 hrs to drive but I'll be stopping along the way for photos so we'll do an overnight hotel along the way.

@taxed4ever Our temps cooled off a bit too for a few days but still feels hot by afternoon. It is crazy how hot 22° (71F) feels here. Much different weather than BC. Enjoy your hike tomorrow.

I need more coffee and then time to shower and get ready for cards this afternoon. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

Still working on my layout - ACK. Whenever I have to work this hard, I probably should nix it all. I'm still not sure it's finished; I keep going back and fiddling with it. It's for an AJ challenge, so I'm ultra picky. I have one more day to mess with it. As Chris @faerywings said recently "shameless plug" - the August Challenges start in one more day!

We had fun at Aly's birthday party last night. We started the late afternoon off at the pool. Aly was off yesterday so she wanted to swim. Then, dinner was late - but that's ok with me.

Chris @faerywings I'm not sure what Alyssa's timeframe is, but she's studying for some kind of test right now. Yes, I have heard that tat removal is extremely painful and probably costs way more than getting them on. They use a laser to take them off and can't do a lot at one time. She must be serious if she's doing this. She's a tough cookie and is probably about 5'10" - how did my whole family get to be so tall?

I'll try to get back in here. Ava's stopping be in a few minutes.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon to all!
Had one of those sleepless nights so got up at 10 when I heard Mark's good morning text and asking if we could do lunch. So I hurried and took my shower and left. Went to Walmart afterwards to get some fabric cleaner for a used (new to us) recliner from a guy off FB marketplace yesterday for $50! Worked on it when I got back home, so it is drying now. I'll wait until tomorrow to used the vacuum on it. Then Mark has to break down the old one to take it to the dump. This afternoon I've been working on the layout I started to fix yesterday when my EHD went bonkers and I had to shut everything down. I also finished another layout. Both of these used Aimee Harrison's July CP which is LOADED with stuff! I want to do at least one more!
OK. Gonna do personals and then feed Asher and then load the pages to the gallery, do some commenting, update my CT tracking. I also need to do my ATC for the day. Then I'll be ready to post another set of 9 to the gallery.
Have a good evening!

Even though I worked 8 hours, it didn't feel like a long day at all. It was great, the kids were fun, and the weather was perfect. It looked like it was going to rain when I got to work but by 9 am, it was clearing up. We hiked to the stream, I led a little game about macroinvertebrates and then the kids splashed in the stream. There's not much in there to find but we saw a bunch of frogs, some newts, and even a few tiny crayfish.
Sounds like a great day!
Don't you hate when that happens?
Yes! Especially when I'm working with a dead head and no mojo!
its another very grey and drizzly day :dancing6:who would have thought I would be so happy to have wet weather??
Same here when it had been so long without rain! It's cloudy again here today and we are supposed to have thunderstorms later but nothing so far!
it was one of those days where I flitted from one project to another and never got anything completed.
I hate those kinds of days!
I ended up going for a nice walk just to clear the cobwebs from my head.
I actually did the same yesterday. The temp was reasonable still at noon, so I put on my shoes and headed to the park. I was the only one walking which was nice!
Had about 6 hours without power yesterday
I hate power outages!
I feel fine otherwise. Not rundown. Thinking snore/pollen.
I pray you are not getting sick! I wake up frequently with a sore throat, but I think it is from snoring, too!
We aren't doing big b-day gifts anymore
We don't do any gifts. We just go out to eat to celebrate! I spent so many years in the kitchen cooking for a large family that I hate being in the kitchen. I want someone else to make the mess and have to worry about the cleanup!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm (not) patiently waiting LOL I keep stalking the AJ link to see but should know its not August yet 1 1/2 more days. Cant wait to see what you have come up with. I bet its amazing! :heartpumppink:
I LOVE it, Tracy! If it was my challenge, I'd post it tomorrow night. :giggle4: That's the layout I've been working on - I knew what I wanted to do, but it just wasn't coming together for me. UGH.

AK_Tracy

I LOVE it, Tracy! If it was my challenge, I'd post it tomorrow night. :giggle4: That's the layout I've been working on - I knew what I wanted to do, but it just wasn't coming together for me. UGH.
Ooohhhh do tell ;) What's the theme????? :giggle4: I wont tell!!!!

Actually dont tell me!! I will wait and anticipate. Cant wait to see what you made. I know it will be special. :heartpumppink: