Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, July 1

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello my Dear Sweet O-Fam and happy July!

I still cannot figure out how I am losing so much time. I need a day to really have absolutely *nothing* to do and to not use that day to nap. ;)
Yesterday I went to the grocery store, came home, did some laundry, dishes, etc. Took Merlin to the vet, which went way better than I expected. He's old- on his chart they have him as 14. They are doing blood work to check for kidney function, etc. Meds for his arthritis and something to calm his digestive tract, so hopefully no more diarrhea. And he is starting to gain some weight back. He mainly hangs out upstairs in the kids' rooms, since our other male cat tends to bully him around. Cait has put food and water in her room and just a week later, he has gained some. Even "emaciated" he is over 14 lbs. He was over 16 lbs in 2010. He's a big boy :D

Then I was off to get my blood work done, did my IV, then it was almost 1 pm. Did some more housework, did some oscraps work, next thing I know it was 4pm and I had to put my feet up for a few before I started to cook dinner, which for wraps, took almost an hour. I did basmati rice (our new favorite- even Scott who is not crazy about regular brown rice likes it), kale chips, and veggie wraps with avocado, red onion, roasted red peppers and fresh spinach. Mmmmm!!!!!
I finished all of that healthy stuff off with a salted caramel-pretzel klondike bar!!!:whistle:

I got good news from my friend too. Her hubby is making good progress, is out of ICU, and just has a portable heart monitor. I am hoping that she will find out when he should be able to come home soon.

Today- I am going to wrap it up here, post my Webspiration challenge, and then drop my car off to get service done. It is a 2005 and while it has low mileage, it is just started to get wonky on me. I was close to being due for an oil change, but now my ABS light keeps coming on.Over the weekend, if I came on, I would restart my car and it would go off. Now it stays on and I can't go to PA with 4 kids in the car if I am not 100% sure if it is in perfect condition.

Then off to work with Cait, and I would *love* to get to the lake for an hour or so.

Tip on Tuesday:
Make sure that you have a son or daughter in the mechanic's business, like Nancy!

::grouphug

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi Phyllis-- Thanks for the good thoughts. Health issies really seem so random. Like Gary's Type 1 diabetes. He was the first known one to have it in his family, ever. Then a few years later, his mom gets it-- also Type 1. Me-- breast cancer-- no real family risk, it was all generations up and out from me. Just goes to show how important it is to take good care, and to not be stubborn when you don't feel good! (Men!)
I am so sorryt hat the g-kids are moving away. :( I can't imagine how I would feel if I had to move away from my mom and I *really* can't imagine how my mom would cope. I don't think she would. I think she would somehow try to move with me. hehe!

It must be soemthign in the air with cars. We tried to get mine in to the guy we usually see and he was booked all week. Hope that your DD gets her's fixed and for not too much $.

does this happen to anyone else? you can do all kinds of dusting and floor scrubbing and the house STILL doesn't look much better?
All the time.... sheesh!

Laurie- hey there, good to see you! Hope that you enjoy the weekend. But that stinks that they are forcing you to use your paid time off.

Tropt-- welocme back! I hear ya on the crazy life stuff. Seems like it never ends. Thx for the good thoughts for my friends.
Cait is teaching my cleaning client's dd how to set up her sewing machine and get started sewing today. Me-- can't sew more than a button, so I appreciate anyone that can.

Nancy- that is too funny about the Lego Movie- it is not one I would have thought to watch. Who were some of the voices?

Jean- raspberry chocolate frozen yogurt? That must have been delish!!!

Ok my lOves, I'd better get going. TTYS!!!!

nancyr

good morning I had a very productive day yesterday. Got up and payed bills and then walked downtown to post office to get them mailed off. Walked before the heat and humidity go to be too much. Made an appointment for my mammogram which is this afternoon. Then got my laundry done. Then in-between I finally got my bike in for its yearly servicing and ordered up my bike rack and a new GPS for my bike rides. Also got some scrapping pages done so that is really good. And today has started off well as I got my newspapers all out for pick up along with all the cans and bottles. Hoping today the US mens soccer team wins their game. Does not start until 4 pm. So before the game come one of the fun days in hockey. It is free agent day mean players can sign with new teams and get lots of money. That starts at 11 so that will be fun to watch. Hopefully my team will find some scoring help.

Chris hope you make it to the Lake. It is going to be hot and humid which I guess should not be surprising as it is July 1. Seems like the whole week will be hot and humid. So take it slow! Glad the news on your neighbor is so good. And yes having a mechanic in the family is awesome! In the Lego Movie there was Morgan Freeman and Liam Neissen (sp?).

Phylis hope the car repairs are going well.

Tropt good to see you back.

Trudy Happy Canada Day. Have a fun celebration!

Have a good day all!

whatnext

fly-by! fly-by! :plane: i am TOTALLY without a car. the mechanics were able to take the thing today. hopefully it gets FIXED today. in the meantime, i am hunkered down in the AC, cleaning my family room. ick. discovering dead spiders and stuff. damn the wood stove!! absolutely the route into my house for spiders during the winter. then, if i don't get them, they're here. ick ick ICK!! i have all these little sticky traps around the place, spiders and centipedes. et al. ICK!! :scared: :puke:

hope everyone has a great day! :wave: :becky:

scrap-genie

Don't want to post the thing most on my mind as it is so depressing, but guess you'll all understand. Yesterday would-be robbers murdered the owner of a local eatery. We didn't know him well, but ate there often and know all the staff, current and former. Everyone in the area is just in shock. Just can't get my head around it.

Still, life goes on. This afternoon I have a genealogy group board meeting and have to get to work on two genealogy projects I've promised results in July.

Phylis, hope that car is fixed pronto.

Chris, hope you get that time at the lake. And I love the webspiration!

Take care, all.

petey111

Good morning my friends!!!!

Vegas was a bit crazy. First of all, it was really busy. I didn't have any time to myself except for 10 minutes in the hotel yesterday morning before going down to the pool where I lied to my roommates and told them I was going to call my husband and I'd be down in a few minutes. I honestly just wanted to pee in peace!!! LOL There wasn't any wifi in the hotel except at the pool. The conference center wifi was crappy and when I was there, I was busy anyway.

The conference was ok. I loved Stan Lee. It was fun seeing all the authors...but I'm starting to get conferenced out! I get a break until October and the two I have then are nearby...not big travel ones. So I should be good for a bit. Three national conferences in 8 months is a lot.

The bad part was all the walking. I was an idiot and didn't take tennis shoes. I meant to take my good walking sandals, but forgot them. Consequently, I bought some Sketchers that gave me a blister immediately on my heel. So I switched to some other dressy sandals that have a good deal of support. I ended up with an enormous blister on the ball of my foot then. *sigh* Yesterday, I said I wasn't going to walk anywhere. Without me realizing that's what we were doing, the six foot tall marathon runners in our group, trouped us over to New York, New York from Harrah's...a mile and a half when you go in a straight line and it was 111 degrees. I said I was taking a cab back. My other friend came with me and we thought we'd take the monorail instead since we were pretty close to the station at MGM...we'd save $10. Walking through MGM, my blister popped all over the place..gross!! But probably better in the long run. The monorail broke right before we got on. We had to go back down - walk some more - and take a cab anyway. And I was in no mood to stand in a line 30 people deep and ask for a $5 refund for the monorail ticket. After that I was content to sit in the hotel room until we left for the airport. *geesh*!

I got home at 1:30 a.m. last night and it was lovely to sleep in my own bed, have ice water, and not pay for a thing! LOL

I did read through all your posts, but there are far too many personals for me to comment on. Let's cover it all by saying, I laugh with you, cry with you, sympathize with you, feel weary with you and rejoice with you. Apply where needed! :-D

I'm off to get caught up on what you get caught up on after four days of being gone and with no internet! Have a great day!

petey111

Oh Jean. I am so sorry. So senseless!! Hopefully, the community and his family can find comfort in the days to come.

AmuraVomerine

I, like Sara, have read all the posts -- in this thread at least, and can't begin to comment on them all. But though you don't know me, I am sending hugs and positive thoughts to all.
Jean, that is just horrible -- I want to say more, but I can't find the words. ((more hugs))

Like I said in another thread, I've been sick, too. Really since January I've been nauseous almost constantly. BUT, fortunately, it has calmed down around May-ish so that I can finally eat dinner with the family again. I never knew if I would be able to one day to the next. The smell used to be so bad I couldn't even be in that part of the house while dinner was cooking even if it was something I usually love -- like bacon! Bacon smelling unappetizing to me?! That is just sad.
Anyway -- yada yada yada woe is me -- sorry, I've just told this story ^^ too many times and I feel like a total whiner.
The point of the story is -- last Thursday I had to have a colonoscopy. So I couldn't eat any solid food starting Tues. And I had to well -- prep for it. KWIM? Ick. It was normal. YAY. Relief. But it took me until today to recover from the after effects - very loud, rumbly, uncomfortable tiny gas bubbles that would not come out. Usually I try to hold that stuff in, you know? But I was hoping for a huge burp or something! Days like that!

BUT still no idea about the nausea (which still exists, unfortunately, but no where near as bad, fortunately.) SO I get a call today and guess what?! I get to do another icky procedure next week with, you guessed it no solid food for 24hrs and another yucky prep. YAY! SO EXCITED!! :/

Other than that - I'm happy, I've been feeling very creative - not digitally, but hey, creative is creative, right? And I love, love that feeling! :D