Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, August 6

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey there, O-zies! How are you doing this fine Tuesday?

I am feeling a bit achy in my upper back and shoulders but it is my own darn fault. I spent too much time hunched over my computer but it was for a good cause. I scrapped a page for the Week One AJ challenge and the kit I bought-- utterly divine. And *huge*
I grabbed Treasures I Found in My Brain WWITW (w/everything in it) by Lorie Davison and to say it's huge/enormous/massive-- all understatements. There were 30 zips in there and every element was more wonderful and magical than the last. My plan is to use this kit for each weekly AJ challenge. But because there was so much to unzip and tag and move to a main folder, I spent more time staring at my keyboard/monitor than I should have. *rolls shoulds and stretches neck* Sure, I'm achy but it was worth it.
Maybe my scrap-drought is over, or at least the worst of it.

I also got almost everything on my To-do list done, as much as I wanted to do. Go, Me!
I am typing all of my notes for the Wilderness First Aid course. I always did that in college- rewrote all of my scribbled notes from the lecture as soon as I got out of class. It was the best way to solidify everything in my brain- and to make sense out of my abbreviations and horrible handwriting while it was fresh. I am going section by section with these so I know I understand and will remember all of the steps if God forbid, I ever need to use the skills.
I was able to clean out the fridge and the pantry shelves and did some more deadheading outside. I even made bread in the bread machine. Now if I can just keep the momentum going...

My dress fitting is today and I should be bringing it home. I have two hairstyles picked out- one is a high messy bun and the other is a low, braided bun. I'll have Caitlyn tell me which looks better with the dress/shoes when she has a chance. Sam and Jen are coming to help with last-minute wedding plans on Friday. I should try it on when they are here for some feedback.

Love to all of you and have a fab day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Made myself get up and go walk this morning! And a beautiful walk it was! I love the little park where I go to walk. It is so pretty with the trees!
Good for you!!! I would love that walk. Do you bring your camera?
You are getting tons of scrapping done if you are almost finished with the challenges. WTG!

@bcgal00 Did Remi get the zoomies when she was at the pup-date? I bet she did.
I'd love to hear about your friend's DD's wedding too.
We start school today. We do three weeks school one week off every month so we start a bit earlier to be done on time since we take big breaks each month.
Good luck with the new school year! The 3 on, 1 off is a smart move. It's never too far away to get some downtime.
My dad always said he wold do that for my sis, saddle a moose, cause it cheaper then a horse
When the bears would come into our yard more regularly, Cait always said she wanted to put a saddle on one and ride it to ShopRite.
Do you do anything to detox the lymph system? I know a lot of Lymies tried dry brushing and Epsom salt soaks.

@Cherylndesigns So sorry that you are having trouble with the bifocals. Mine are progressives so they have three sections and I think is supposed to be easier to get used to. When I first started wearing them I was so off-balance but it took about a week to get acclimated. I only wear glasses around the house, contact lenses are what I wear regularly.
Bless that man - always "talking" to me.
and he always will ♥

Hi Long Lost Oozies! My trip with Belle was wonderful, and we made it home safely. I sat in Baltimore for a 5 hour layover which turned into 10, but even so it was wonderful to go "home", to my zoo " home", and spend good quality time with family and friends.
Welcome back! I bet it felt wonderful to be with your family but also wonderful to be back in your own bed LOL!

I have to get in the shower and wash my hair. I only wash it a few days a week and I did it on Saturday but I put hair oil in yesterday to get some of the dry/frizz to calm down. 70-80% humidity all day yesterday- do you think it worked? Nawwwww! Not even a little LOL

:grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hey there, O-zies! How are you doing this fine Tuesday?

I am feeling a bit achy in my upper back and shoulders but it is my own darn fault. I spent too much time hunched over my computer but it was for a good cause. I scrapped a page for the Week One AJ challenge and the kit I bought-- utterly divine. And *huge*
I grabbed Treasures I Found in My Brain WWITW (w/everything in it) by Lorie Davison and to say it's huge/enormous/massive-- all understatements. There were 30 zips in there and every element was more wonderful and magical than the last. My plan is to use this kit for each weekly AJ challenge. But because there was so much to unzip and tag and move to a main folder, I spent more time staring at my keyboard/monitor than I should have. *rolls shoulds and stretches neck* Sure, I'm achy but it was worth it.
Maybe my scrap-drought is over, or at least the worst of it.

I also got almost everything on my To-do list done, as much as I wanted to do. Go, Me!
I am typing all of my notes for the Wilderness First Aid course. I always did that in college- rewrote all of my scribbled notes from the lecture as soon as I got out of class. It was the best way to solidify everything in my brain- and to make sense out of my abbreviations and horrible handwriting while it was fresh. I am going section by section with these so I know I understand and will remember all of the steps if God forbid, I ever need to use the skills.
I was able to clean out the fridge and the pantry shelves and did some more deadheading outside. I even made bread in the bread machine. Now if I can just keep the momentum going...

My dress fitting is today and I should be bringing it home. I have two hairstyles picked out- one is a high messy bun and the other is a low, braided bun. I'll have Caitlyn tell me which looks better with the dress/shoes when she has a chance. Sam and Jen are coming to help with last-minute wedding plans on Friday. I should try it on when they are here for some feedback.

Love to all of you and have a fab day!
WOW! You were a busy bee yesterday, even if a lot of it involved computer work! It has to be done! I have that kit of Lorie's! It is wonderful! I need to use it again!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good for you!!! I would love that walk. Do you bring your camera?
You are getting tons of scrapping done if you are almost finished with the challenges. WTG!

@bcgal00 Did Remi get the zoomies when she was at the pup-date? I bet she did.
I'd love to hear about your friend's DD's wedding too.

Good luck with the new school year! The 3 on, 1 off is a smart move. It's never too far away to get some downtime.

When the bears would come into our yard more regularly, Cait always said she wanted to put a saddle on one and ride it to ShopRite.
Do you do anything to detox the lymph system? I know a lot of Lymies tried dry brushing and Epsom salt soaks.

@Cherylndesigns So sorry that you are having trouble with the bifocals. Mine are progressives so they have three sections and I think is supposed to be easier to get used to. When I first started wearing them I was so off-balance but it took about a week to get acclimated. I only wear glasses around the house, contact lenses are what I wear regularly.

and he always will ♥

Welcome back! I bet it felt wonderful to be with your family but also wonderful to be back in your own bed LOL!

I have to get in the shower and wash my hair. I only wash it a few days a week and I did it on Saturday but I put hair oil in yesterday to get some of the dry/frizz to calm down. 70-80% humidity all day yesterday- do you think it worked? Nawwwww! Not even a little LOL

:grouphugyay:
Oh, yes! I always have my phone with me, so I took some pictures! I actually scrapped 3 of them yesterday. I finished all of the regular challenges. On to the other designer and I want to look at the AJ challenge, too.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning, Friends!
Walking is done. Boxes of craft items I'm selling is ready to take to the PO for pricing. I also want to run to Kohl's after the PO to look at some shirts for Mark. The rest of the day will be spent working in my she shed, I think. My granddaughter wants to start scrapbooking and I told her I would share my stuff with her so she didn't have to buy some of it. She is talking physical scrapbooking for now. One of these days I will talk her into digital! ;)
Mark and I went to lunch yesterday. Not sure if he will want to go today or not. We plan to go to Ruby Tuesday tonight to use a BOGO Free coupon.
Looking like rain so I need to head out before I get caught in it with the scrapbooking boxes!
HAGD!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all. Woke up really early... 5:15 AM!! Yuck!!! Couldn't go back to sleep so have been up playing around on the computer and getting the towels in the washing machine. I kept forgetting to get them in before the 11 AM time limit (get a $ bonus to limit electric use from 11AM to 8PM during summer). Talk about confusing what the date is... yesterday I was making out checks and got them in the mail... all the while I was thinking this month was really flying by. Turns out I had not flipped the kitchen calendar from July and thought it was the Aug 8th when writing the checks!!! o_O :eek: :crying1: Discovered it last evening!!! Now I have the right month showing on the kitchen calendar. Have to know what day of the week it is as I am hosting the brown bag lunch here next Tuesday!!!

Need to get dressed soon as I have a few errands to run. ... drop of books at the library and stop at WalMart for a few items, I found 2 carboard cameras w/film in a drawer the other day. They both have been used so need to get the film developed so I can see what photos are on them. I vaguely remember buying them when my old film camera broke while on a trip. Let's just say that was back several years ago before I got my digital camera!!! :wow2: :eek: Who knows what photos are there.... LOL

@faerywings Just checked out the collection by Lori Davidson... WOW... what a great collection! BTW... love your AJ LO!!! Good luck on the MOB dress fitting... and getting advice about what hair style will be the best for the wedding. You will look lovely no matter which style you chose.

Forgot to mention that I made it over to Hobby Lobby yesterday and bought 5 packs of photo sleeves (all they had in the sizes I need). I found I had a HL gift card in my purse and it covered the cost of them plus still have some $$ left on it!!! So now I can start moving the photos from Mom & Dad's 50 anniversary album (old magnetic pages) into a new acid free album!!! Once that one is done, I will start working on the new albums of all 5 of the kids' wedding albums.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... it is hazy out there this morning, not sure if it is just morning clouds that will burn off or perhaps some forest fire smoke has settled in. Does not smell like smoke, but whatever it is it has brought the temps down a bit, so that is ok. It was a busy long weekend for us, but my Gary is back to work and is alone in his office again as his co-worker called in sick on Thursday and is still sick this morning. Covid??? Sure hope whatever she has she keeps it to herself!! Covid is rearing its head again around here, guess we will have it forever. Anyway I enjoyed our weekend and DH and I actually took a nice little break from yardwork etc and went to one of the local wineries for a few hours. A lovely spot called Unsworth we sat beside a lovely little water feature in the shade and sipped our wine and chatted away, it was so nice! Today will be spent vacuuming and washing floors and doing some scrapping. Everything else around here has been done and the In-Laws are off to the Lab this morning to get some blood work done then some shopping. Our screen doors have all been installed and everyone is very happy with them, so hooray for that!

I grabbed Treasures I Found in My Brain WWITW (w/everything in it) by Lorie Davison and to say it's huge/enormous/massive-- all understatements.
Sounds like you spent a lot of time at your computer yesterday! I didn't even get mine turned on yesterday :sad2:. I have looked at the massive kit a few times, but still have not purchased it. I might have to look at it again. I need to go and see what you have created with it so far.
How exciting to get your dress brought home!! Hope the fitting goes well and there doesn't need to be anymore done with it! Having Cait help you choose your hairdo is a great idea! I know you will look beautiful no matter what style you go with! Can't wait to see pictures!!!
Walking is done. Boxes of craft items I'm selling is ready to take to the PO for pricing. I also want to run to Kohl's after the PO to look at some shirts for Mark. The rest of the day will be spent working in my she shed, I think.
I need to get out walking more, tomorrow is a 8K hike, but the rest of the week I don't get much exercise in. I am thinking it might be time to get back to the pool and get my laps in again. I didn't know you had a She Shed, how fun!! I would love to see photos please!!
Need to get dressed soon as I have a few errands to run. ... drop of books at the library and stop at WalMart for a few items, I found 2 carboard cameras w/film in a drawer the other day. They both have been used so need to get the film developed so I can see what photos are on them.
A busy day for you! I wonder what photos are on your mystery cameras :giggle4: it will be fun to see what develops!!

Ok I need another cup of coffee and I really need to talk to my sister at some point today, we haven't seen each other in ages and I need to connect with her. Should be hearing from Heather and the boys this morning too, it will be nice to catch up on what happened over their long weekend also. :cowwaving:Have a lovely day everyone!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... it is hazy out there this morning, not sure if it is just morning clouds that will burn off or perhaps some forest fire smoke has settled in. Does not smell like smoke, but whatever it is it has brought the temps down a bit, so that is ok. It was a busy long weekend for us, but my Gary is back to work and is alone in his office again as his co-worker called in sick on Thursday and is still sick this morning. Covid??? Sure hope whatever she has she keeps it to herself!! Covid is rearing its head again around here, guess we will have it forever. Anyway I enjoyed our weekend and DH and I actually took a nice little break from yardwork etc and went to one of the local wineries for a few hours. A lovely spot called Unsworth we sat beside a lovely little water feature in the shade and sipped our wine and chatted away, it was so nice! Today will be spent vacuuming and washing floors and doing some scrapping. Everything else around here has been done and the In-Laws are off to the Lab this morning to get some blood work done then some shopping. Our screen doors have all been installed and everyone is very happy with them, so hooray for that!

Sounds like you spent a lot of time at your computer yesterday! I didn't even get mine turned on yesterday :sad2:. I have looked at the massive kit a few times, but still have not purchased it. I might have to look at it again. I need to go and see what you have created with it so far.

How exciting to get your dress brought home!! Hope the fitting goes well and there doesn't need to be anymore done with it! Having Cait help you choose your hairdo is a great idea! I know you will look beautiful no matter what style you go with! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

I need to get out walking more, tomorrow is a 8K hike, but the rest of the week I don't get much exercise in. I am thinking it might be time to get back to the pool and get my laps in again. I didn't know you had a She Shed, how fun!! I would love to see photos please!!

A busy day for you! I wonder what photos are on your mystery cameras :giggle4: it will be fun to see what develops!!

Ok I need another cup of coffee and I really need to talk to my sister at some point today, we haven't seen each other in ages and I need to connect with her. Should be hearing from Heather and the boys this morning too, it will be nice to catch up on what happened over their long weekend also. :cowwaving:Have a lovely day everyone!
Trudy, the she shed is not "finished" or anything. It is basically a shed that I put Hobby Lobby storage drawers in. DH has installed a window AC and I had electricity run to the shed. I'll take a picture this afternoon.