Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, August 5th

petey111

Good morning ladies!

I missed the thread yesterday I thought because I worked all day, but now I see you guys were too busy!!!

Today is my last day of summer. boo-hoo! So I thought I'd start the thread since Chris isn't here yet.

Yesterday I worked at school from about 8:30 - 2:30. Then I came home and worked. Took Ben to Tumbling class. Came home and worked. blerg. But I told Ben that if he wanted to do something fun today that we could. (And by working yesterday, I'm not stressed about it.) I thought we'd go to the zoo, but he wants to go to a pool and a pizza/arcade place.

What have you guys been doing the last few days? (Besides IVs Chris!)

I'm going to have to research the indoor pools around here and see where Ben and I can go. It's gray outside and he likes indoor better. I'll pop back in later!!

whatnext

Hey, Sara! thanks for starting the thread. when does your school year start?? it seems so early. well, a pool day sounds like a good idea, with school right around the corner. i don't even want to think that summer is almost over. it seems like it just got here!!

sitting around, basically trapped in the kitchen. the carpet cleaner is here. i think the kid is about 15. it's a great company, but i'm always nervous with young kids doing stuff in my house. i have to come to understand that, at MY age, nearly everyone who comes into my house is younger than i am..... well, we'll see how my painted baseboards weather this storm.... :faint2: after this is done, i'll release my poor cat from solitary confinement in the bedroom and head out to do more tombstone photos. with the drive there and back, plus the time spent taking the pix, that should about eat up the rest of my afternoon. then the ever popular Making Dinner thing happens. sigh.

OK. have a good day, whoever drops by! :becky:

petey111

Kids start on Monday. Some districts around here do start after Labor Day, but most of us start this early now. The upside of it is that we are all out well before Memorial Day. And I'd MUCH rather get out earlier and start earlier. By May, you've lost the kids, your own stamina etc., so it's good to be done before Memorial Day. I know in other parts of the country, kids don't start until after Labor Day quite often, but they also typically go into June. That's blechy! :)

Hope your carpet comes out clean and you get good pics!!

We settled on mini-golf and pizza/arcade. Should be a good day. I'm refusing to get up and clean anything or do the lawn right now. It's my last day of summer and DH hasn't really done anything but work for the last two weeks. He did make dinner and load up dishes last night though. So that was good. :) I'll have to pick up when we come home though. My SIL might stop by to drop stuff off.

I'd better get going for our mini-golf! Enjoy the day!